The Mashburn Bee is sufficiently powerful for varmint's and was popular up until it was superceded by the .222 Remington. Sign up and get exclusive access to promotions, sales events, pre-order sales & more! Custom Varmit .220 swift; Winchester Model 64 .32 sp; Winchester Mod. Anyone have an idea when in that range it was made? Yes, Bert. it has good result for range up to 200 yards. NOTE: first posts are subject to administrator approval before being displayed, Devices in use: Desktop (50), Phone (11), Tablet (5), WinchesterCollector.org I have just recently acquired a model 43 in 22 hornet.with a serial number 15525 am I able to get a manufacture date and possibly a review on quality and aquracy.i have not yet had the chance to shoot it and would love to know what I can expect, Drew said Functionality and completeness unknown. No chips or splitting. Any and all help is appreciated. All Rights Reserved. This means you have the option to read your magazine on most popular phones and tablets. Winchester Mod 43 Std 22 Hornet Factory Drilled Nice! Softnose Spitzers as heavy as 45 grains from Speer, Hornady, and Sierra work fine because they are shorter. it is also in PERFECT condition. If I switch to Winchester 45-gr SP ammo, my group immediately opens to nearly 2-inches @100 yards. I acquired a model 43 serial number 19257A. Photos not available for this variation. It is based on a necked-down and blown out .25-20 case with a 15 degree shoulder. Specifications. Up for sale is a Winchester model 43, 218 Bee. The Speer bullet is a better performer on coyotes because it does not expand as quickly and penetration is greater. Is this a bad thing? The jacketed hollow point design of the 218 Bee is said to be one of the most accurate and deadly of the .218 caliber. Simi Valley, CA 93065. Taurus has redesigned this sporting pistol for performance. In 1939 a small-frame version in .410 was introduced, and with it came a combination gun with one barrel in .410 and the other in .22 LR, .22 Hornet, .218 Bee, or .30-30 Winchester. Winchester continued to catalog them through 1957 to sell remaining stock on hand. 24 inch barrel with Lyman rear peep sight and hooded fixed front sight. The Winchester Model 43 in 218 Bee in my Humble Opinion. Winchester Model 43- Left Extractor w/Spring - .218 Bee, 32 WCF, 25-20 - New !! Mine does not. Model - Model 43 bolt action rifle, .22 hornet caliber. Learn more. The .218 Bee had a 24-inch barrel and was billed as a better varmint cartridge than the .22 Hornet, which was introduced by Winchester in 1930. Further, the Model 43 Special was manufactured for the entire production run (1948 1953), and it accounted for 17.5% of the total production. Modify Search. Cookies are disabled. As tipped bullets go, the Hornady 35-grain V-Max is an excellent choice for bolt-action and single-shot rifles. SKU: 3456634 Item Location. View cart for details. Todd, I bought my L46 in .218 Bee and a heavy-barrel version in .222 Remington from a varmint-shooting friend, and the latter came with the standard three-round magazine and an optional six-rounder. Ventura Munitions of Las Vegas catalogs the .218 Bee loaded with a 35-grain V-Max at 3,100 fps, but I have not tried it so I cant confirm the number. Lock, Stock & Barrel Investments I like the caliber and its pretty little shooter. The right side of the receiver is marked 21940A. Add To Cart. Wilson case trimmer holder you choose 243 25-20 221 fireball 44-40 etc. There are a handful of scattered light compression marks. Best .218 Bee Ammo Hsm Ammunition Hsm Ammo .218 Bee 35gr. The .218 Bee is a .22 caliber centerfire rifle cartridge designed for varmint hunting by Winchester in 1937. WACA 6571L, Historian & Board of Director Member. The SAAMI maximum average pressure for the .218 Bee is 40,000 cup. Bulk Cheap Ammo has a list of top retailers to provide the latest collection of ammo from top brands. Can you tell me if your rifle is a Standard, or a Special? The cartridge is named for the bore diameter of the barrel, not the bullet diameter. Winchester Model 43 .218 bee, Savage .22, Mossberg 17HMR, Beretta .22, S&W .357 Magnum, Ithaca 16-Gauge, Ruger Mini-14. 24; 48; All . Im going to assume standard as its not checkered..it has been drilled and tapped it came with bases when I bought it, I plan to do some shooting todayall I can find is 35 grain ammo I am in British Columbia Canada and the town I live in is very limited to what I can get.im not exactly sure what headspace issues are.i myself dont reload so it will.be factory ammo that I will shoot.how do i know if i have headspace issues and if i do have them how is it corrected, Also when I did a search on it.i found something about a slanted bolt handle.something about later models started coming with predrilled and tapped and a slanted bolt.slant of the bolt was towards the back off the rifle, Could this mean anything different.replaced an original bolt.maybe a warranty replacement later run maybe a last batch kinda thing with the upgrades that came out in 1950, Drew said Please Note: other Boxes and Single Cartridges for Collectors available see below in related items. It utilizes a proven thin-wall design that reduces engraving forces, resulting in improved accuracy. If it is a bolt action rifle, it is probably a Winchester model 43. maybe a Sako L-46. Not sure if others made rifles for the caliber. Lyman adjustable rear peep sight and a gold bead front sight. There is no elevator. (Ret.) History of the.218 Bee cartridge: The .218 Bee was introduced around 1938 by Winchester for the Model 65 lever-action rifle and the Winchester Model 43 bolt-action rifle, after World War II in .218 Bee.The .218 Bee is basically a .32-20 Winchester case necked down to except .22-caliber projectiles, and is a mild varmint cartridge, similar to the .22 Hornet in ballistics..Obsolete for many years, accept for a small run by Hornady in early 2017. The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes. Centerfire bolt action rifle chambered for the .22 Hornet cartridge. But do not loosen it up to much or it will not hold. It's safe to say that this was a bad move. Ammo For Sale - (1) CONDITION Unknown Grade - (9) Factory New - (1) 1950ish Winchester Model 43 in 218 Bee. Compare .218 Bee Ammo prices from various ammo retailers. The rifle holds a period Williams Wide Guide 4x scope set in Weaver Top-Mount rings, which were left in place during all load testing. Stock Configuration & Condition:The stock is checkered walnut. Cost Range. The Winchester trademark is used with the permission and to the credit of Olin Corporation/Winchester Division. Seems to shoot strait out to 50 yards.if it is a headspace issue how does one correct it.if its even possable, NOTE: first posts are subject to administrator approval before being displayed, WinchesterCollector.org Im off to eBay for my daily check. and is a mild varmint cartridge, similar to the .22 Hornet in ballistics.. Obsolete for many years, accept for a small run by Hornady in early 2017. If it has a smooth uncheckered stock, it is a Standard rifle. Many years ago, Remington developed the No. Hopefully, everything else about it is unscathed. But the serial number is 6155A. The Winchester Model 43 is a great platform for a varmint rifle. Fax: +1-866-534-3097 Ammo; Accessories AR Parts Holsters . 4.0 out of 5 stars. V-max 50-pack $ 83.99 Buy Now .218 Bee Ammo, Rifle Ammo Hsm Ammunition Hsm Ammo .218 Bee 40gr. My all-time favorite rifle in .218 Bee, and the only one capable of consistently shooting its preferred bullets inside a half-inch at 100 yards, is a Sako L46 (its shown in the introductory photo to this report). Of slight concern on the earlier production rifles likes yours, is the head space. reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, simply return the item within 30 days of Both bullets shed velocity fast, and for this reason, 100 to 125 yards is about the maximum distance for consistently dropping mature groundhogs in their tracks. July 24, 2010, 01:46 AM . Lighter and tougher and more precise than ever, it's the perfect back country hunting rifle. Scarce deluxe model 43 in popular .218 Bee. Serial #10719. The latter is likely one of the strongest actions offered for this cartridge; one that would allow pursuing the Bees true potential. Item Number: W11116. At 2,589 fps from my rifle, actual velocity of the Winchester ammo was even lower than advertised. Please note: For safety reasons, OpticsPlanet is not able to accept returns of ammunition for any reason, and no refunds will be issued for any returned ammunition. To make an offer please complete the form below: Minimum price for the offer must be greater than or equal to $0. Winchester model 43 .218 Bee. Your Model 43 rifle was manufactured in November of 1949. Some finish wear, mostly at the muzzle end. The very best prices for in-stock 218 Bee Ammo | Cheap 218 Bee Ammunition - AmmoSeek.com . Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions. Early production (not factory drilled & tapped), Late production (factory drilled & tapped). Sold For: $1,010 Make: Winchester Model: 43 Serial Number: 21940A Year of Manufacture: 1949-1957 Caliber: .218 Bee Action Type: Bolt Action With Detachable Magazine Markings: The left side of the barrel is marked "MADE IN NEW HAVEN, CONN. U.S. OF AMERICA / WINCHESTER PROOF STEEL WINCHESTER / TRADE MARK / MODEL 43-218 BEE". Revolver Is Back, Savage Impulse Straight-Pull Rifle: Full Review. Smooth action and weighted just right to be a range gun or field gun. Scarce deluxe model 43 in popular .218 Bee. As stated before, if you reload, do not go too hot, as the Model 43 may not be able to handle it. With that in mind, I chose Noslers 35-grain Ballistic Tip Lead Free (later swapped for Hornadys 35-grain V-MAX, which Ill get into momentarily) on the light end, Speers 40-grain Varmint SP and Sierras 45-grain Varminter SP as ideals, and Hornadys 50-grain SPSX (Soft-Point, Super eXplosive) at the heavy end. Find Winchester Model 43 parts and schematics today with Numrich Gun Parts. Gun has the factory knurled steel butt plate. We show you how. Standard factory sights. If for any This rifle is chambered for the .218 Mashburn Bee which is based on the old 25/20 rifle cartridge, and for which cases can be made from common 32/20 cases. I have attached pictures of the two bolt types. Im intrigued by this thread. Description: Later version of the model 1906 great mechanically and can use as is or would be a nice one to restore. Outdoor Limited. Stock shows signs of use with some dents and scratches. In your pictures of the two bolts.mine is the bottom one you have attached. Radial vs. Directional Muzzle Brakes: Which Is Best? https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/i/DMW19831/718482F9-4348-43CE-8F8C-E62D22C1FF16.jpeg. I know they were made from 1949 to 1957. My Model 43 22 Hornet loves the Remington 45-gr HP factory load the best, and shoots 1/2-inch groups @100 yards with it. These rifles were produced until 1957, with about 63,000 sold. Mike Goofy TFF Gunsmith aa1911 Mikey Hartman, Lt. Col. On the pre-October 1950 production receivers, you will see that it has a 45-degree beveled face. Located at: MERCERSBURG SPORTSMEN'S. 12143 DICKEYS ROAD, MERCERSBURG, PA 17236 . I made a truck varmint gun out of it, thinking it had no value. Date Listed: 04/03/2023. Bore Condition: Bright. Just ordered the ammo so I haven't shot it yet. The receiver and bolt were improved beginning in January 1950 to strengthen the action to help prevent head space issues. Intl. Upon receiving at my local gun store they said it is unlikely this is factory and unlike any 43 they had ever seen. I most certainly can. Is it a standard or a Special rifle? Modern rifle options were introduced by Marlin and Browning as late as 1989 (also lever guns) and Ruger chambered their No. Gift Card Terms & Conditions; Recall Information; UPDATED Terms of Use + Community Guidelines; Accessibility Policy; Privacy Policy; CA TSCA Disclosure; Do Not Sell . If you require a larger quantity, or have a special project need, please call us we will be able to assist you! Thanks for responding to my question (I had to at least ask). Winchester Model 43 in .218 Bee. The demand of new WINCHESTER MODEL 43 rifle's has risen 4 units over the past 12 months. Ken Waters, in a January 1976 Pet Loads column, warned that the Model 43 speed lock, mid-bolt locking lug was not stout enough to handle hot maximum loads. Winchester Model 43 Bolt Action Rifle Winchester Model 43 Bolt Action Rifle. SERIAL NUMBER 20669A WANT TO PURCHASE CALL SHOP 716-941-3946, *****WAS $2450 Now $2000*******Up for sale is a beautiful Winchester 43 Deluxe in the desirable 22 Hornet. I have attached pictures showing the different contour of the two. Visit the IIIF page to learn more. Action works perfectly. Wolf 300 AAC Blackout 145gr FMJ Steel Cased Ammo . . 218 Bee ammo for sale at Ventura Munitions. Official Web Site Of The Winchester Arms Collectors Association. In order to shop on this Web store, you must have JavaScript enabled. Sort By 218 Winchester Bee Hornady Ammo 218 Bee 45 Grain HP [8307] View Options 218 Winchester Bee Winchester Ammo Super-X 218 Win Bee HP 46 Grain [X218B] View Options Displaying 1 to 2 (of 2 products) 1 Introduced in 1944, it was also offered in .22 Hornet, .25-20 and .32-20. . Factory drilled for scope. Even though the .218 Bee holds a pinch or two more powder, the same propellants work equally well in both. Scarce factory deluxe .218 Bee! It came off of a ladys fathers boat. It has a hooded fixed ramp front sight and is drilled and tapped for a scope .Click for more info Seller: Cabelas La Vista Area Code: 402 $1,599.99 WINCHESTER MODEL 43 22 HORNET GI#: 102205143 Winchester 43 .218 Bee caliber rifle. Opens in a new window or tab. Sierra Blitz King 50-pack << $ 79.99 Buy Now .218 Bee Ammo, Rifle Ammo Hsm Ammunition Hsm Ammo .218 Bee 40gr. Hodgdon lists impressive velocities for CFE BLK, but charges are heavily compressed. $199.99 50 Rds. When I return, Ill double check the bevel on the receiver ring and the shape of the bolt. . In addition to the Bee, it was available in .25-20, .32-20, and .22 Hornet. Smooth action and weighted just right to be a range gun or field gun. For auction today at R.A.D. It remains my first choice for those cartridges. The attached picture below is a factory original Model 43 Special rifle (click on the picture to enlarge it) note the checkering pattern on the stock, and the capped pistol grip. First is the trigger spring adjustment screw. Model 9422 . The fact that bullets much longer than 0.600 inch are not stabilized by that twist rate rules out the use of the Nosler 40-grain Ballistic Tip and Hornady V-Max of the same weight. Post author By Grumpy; Ended: Dec 06, 2022 , 12:32PM. Condition: Used. In the absence of factory-loaded ammo or jacketed bullets for handloading, you might do as I do and use a Lyman mold to cast 45-grain bullets from scrap wheelweight metal. Winchester's .218 Bee factory load . As you probably know it shoot a common .224 bullet, so that won't be a problem. I firmly believe Pocono Jack is correct. Best .218 Bee Ammo, Rifle Ammo. 4 product ratings - Winchester Model 43, 218 BEE, 5 RDS by TripleK #693M Made in the USA! Your rifle should have a swept bolt. Recoil and report are both mild so this rifle would be a very good . The MBA GyroJet pistols are unique and one of the most unconventional firearms ever produced. Joseph Von Benedikt visits with Aaron Oelger from Hodgdon about the unprecedented demand on the shooting supply industry. Login / Join. Bert I have a number of Model 43 218s and one 25 20. Mag. The demand of used WINCHESTER MODEL 43 rifle's has fallen 5 units over the past 12 months. Arms, we have an ultra rare 1950 Winchester Model 43 chambered in the highly sought after .218 Bee. Made in USA. Please confirm you want to mark all posts read, The 44 W.H.V. Official Web Site Of The Winchester Arms Collectors Association. This rifle is in good condition and comes with one magazine and Weaver style scope bases. SOLD Caliber Info: .218 Bee. . Licence # 50000025. The .22 Hornet is considerably more powerful than the rimfire .22 WMR and the .17 HMR, achieving higher velocity with a bullet twice the weight of the .17 HMR bullet. Browse now! I bought it for a few hundred bucks assuming it had been modified and therefore no collector value. Ventura Heritage 32-40 Winchester 180gr RNFP Ammo - 20 Rounds. Who knew wild turkey's were so stupid!? Casting Your Own Bullets for Lever-Action Rifles, Savage Model 110 Timberline 6.5 Creedmoor Rifle: Full Review, A World Record Attempt: Practice Round and Media Day, Interview with Israeli Defense Forces, Part 1. I may have a gem and not known it all this time. It began in 1882 with the introduction of the .32-20 Winchester for the Model 1873 lever-action rifle. Magazine is after-market, but works good. Action Type:Bolt Action With Detachable Magazine. The 218 Bee was introduced by Winchester in 1938 for the model 65 lever action and later for the model 43 bolt action rifle.. It offers 30 percent more case capacity and a more than 100 feet per second (fps) improvement in velocity, despite lower established operating pressures. 94 .32 sp; Winchester Model 43 218 Bee; 2-Winchester Model 1894 .38-55; Colt Buntline .22; Benelli 12 gauge; 2-Springfield 1898 30 . Serial number- 52550A. . So my grandfather passed and left me a few rifles. Im impressed that your local gun shop seems to know a thing or two. In my spreadsheet, the SN for the 43 is 61555A. Winchester introduced the Model 43 bolt-action in 1949 as a sort of Winchester Model 70 Junior, the first rifle produced by the company following World War II. Model 94 Lever Action. Made early 50's, wood is 99% no dents or cracks, Blue is the same, has one magazine, 4X scope, WINCHESTER MODEL 43 22 HORNET, BORE EXCELLENT WOOD HAS SOME LIGHT HANDLING MARKS. All Shooting Times subscribers now have digital access to their magazine content. This isn't your grandpa's muzzleloading system. Those of that weight designed specifically for use in the .22 Hornet are better choices for the .218 Bee because at the far edge of its effective range, they expand more violently on varmints than 40-grain tipped bullets that are constructed to withstand higher velocities when fired from larger cartridges like the .22-250 and .223 Remington. I havent seen any other pictures of 43s with a stock like this. A little at a time!!!! I am in hunt for correct ,218 magazine. Suitable for small game or varmint hunting. Find your best price for 218 Bee Ammo | Cheap 218 Bee Ammunition - AmmoSeek.com Search Engine 2023. At the time, the .22 Hornet was loaded with 45-grain and 46-grain bullets at a claimed velocity of 2,650 fps. The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes. The rifle was also chambered in .22 Hornet, .25-20 and .32-20 Winchester. Assuming that it is in the 61,000 serial range, it was a late production rifle, and Yes, it was factory drilled & tapped for mounting a scope. You must be a subscriber to see the full article. Moving on to other companies, Browning introduced a Japanese reproduction of the Winchester Model 65 in .218 Bee in 1980. My Model 43 22 Hornet loves the Remington 45-gr HP factory load the best, and shoots 1/2-inch groups @100 yards with it. Model 70 Bolt Action HP. There is an unmarked scope with a target dot reticle. You can continue to place backorders for out of stock ammo to reserve your place in line for available inventory. The guns were developed in the 1960s by Robert Mainhardt and Art Biehl through their joint company MB Associates. Thanks Bert. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you. In general, the Model 43 is capable of very fine accuracy with the 22 Hornet cartridge, but they can be picky about the specific ammo to shoot in them for best accuracy. ===== Hi Power Rifle Sights; Click Picture ===== SEE OUR BUTT PLATE PAGE . Can you assist me in determining the years with the serial numbers? For sale is a Winchester Model 43 bolt-action rifle in .218 Bee. Barrel and receiver are in great condition save some aging and us, Rare Winchest Model 43 - 22 Hornet Drilled & Tapped for Scope 90% Blue - Mint Bore Williams Peep Sight LOP: 13 1/4" Barrel: 24" SN 49893A, Rare Winchester Model 43 218 BEE 95% Blue Mint Bore SN: 42284A, Guns Listing ID: 612919#644A Gun is in excellent working condition. Winchester Model 43 The Model 43 was only in production from May 1948 through December 1953. Ill look more closely and take some photos next time Im home. Model 64 Lever Action. . According to this thread, it could have come from the factory with scope mounting capability.