Ginger Zee was born on 13th January 1981 in Orange County, CA. 6 of our favourite bags from the luxe new accessories label to know, Win 10,000 to kickstart your fashion career, 5 new spring denim cuts to flatter your figure. In 2013, she replaced Sam Champion as GMAs primary weather anchor and hasnt looked back since! MORE: GMA's Ginger Zee shares heartbreaking message with her followers. Like this story? She has a stepfather named Carl Craft and two half-sisters named Adrianna and Elaina Craft in her extended family. Click to reveal Her goal at graduation was to be a meteorologist on The Today Show by age 30. On December 2, 2013, ABC News announced that Zee would become Chief Meteorologist for Good Morning America and weather editor for ABC News, succeeding Sam Champion, who took a job with The Weather Channel. Ben Affleck and girlfriend Lindsay Shookus grab lunch after his Thanksgiving with ex Jennifer Garner and their kids, Man in a red van tries to CUT INTO President Trump's motorcade near Mar-a-Lago while making 'obscene gestures and expletives', Ken Bruce finishes his 30-year tenure as host of BBC Radio 2, Insane moment river of rocks falls onto Malibu Canyon in CA, Pavement where disabled woman gestured at cyclist before fatal crash, Pro-Ukrainian drone lands on Russian spy planes exposing location, 'Buster is next!' By Ariel Zilber For Dailymail.com There are several actions that could trigger this block including submitting a certain word or phrase, a SQL command or malformed data. On January 19, Sam Champion filled in for Ginger on GMA as she battled the flu. Life is short, cut bangs, also, I may or may not have watched all three seasons of @emilyinparis when I was sick & had a little @lilyjcollins inspiration no trauma here, just flu. The Dancing With the Stars alum posted a selfie flaunting her hairstyle in a blue tank top. It was a dream fueled by her fascination with extreme weather. Prior to joining ABC News, she was a meteorologist at NBC station WMAQ-Channel 5 in Chicago from 2006-2011, also filling in for several NBC and MSNBC News programs. Meet the chief meteorologist of "Good Morning America" and ABC News. Meet "GMA" meteorologist Ginger Zee's newborn son . The happy couple got married in Michigan at a beach side ceremony in 2014, and went on to welcome two sons. 'I loved watching the base of those thunderstorms, the billowing tops of the cumulonimbus, the lightning that effortlessly lit up the lake and the sky. Born Ginger Renee Zuidgeest in Orange, Calif., and raised in western Michigan, she graduated from Valparaiso University and worked at WOOD-TV in Grand Rapids before joining NBC 5 as weekend. On September 26, she uploaded on Instagram a photo gallery from the great outdoors. [6], In her extended family, Zee has a stepfather named Carl Craft, and two half-sisters, Adrianna and Elaina Craft. 2,599 Ginger Zee Pictures Photos and Premium High Res Pictures - Getty Images Images Editorial Video Editorial FILTERS CREATIVE EDITORIAL VIDEO 2,599 Ginger Zee Pictures Premium High Res Photos Browse 2,599 ginger zee pictures stock photos and images available, or start a new search to explore more stock photos and images. Stephanie Abrams. She also served as an adjunct professor at the University from 2008-2011. Zee lends her voice to Dr. "I think that mom guilt starts from the second the baby is born, so that's going to. ", The meteorologist went on to open up about the traumatic experience that led to her abortion, writing: "When I was raped I didn't have an IUD (which I do now)," continuing to say: "It likely would have protected me from having to make the decision that changed my life forever. Ginger Zee is seen outside "Good Morning America" on January 23, 2020 in New York City. The boyfriend would alternate between being cruel and charming, according to Zee. Sara Haines'Twin Sister Sara Haines was raised with her three siblings. ", Amid the criticism of her look, many fans were quick to jump to Zee's defense. Ariel Zilber For Dailymail.com, Reunited! Her love of adventure has taken her and ABC News viewers across the world. Since 2017, she and her husband since 2014, Ben Aaron, have been living in their estate outside New York City, according to Closer Weekly. In 2016, Zee covered Hurricane Matthew and its path along the east coast. Lee Goldberg also stepped in on ABC while his colleague was under the weather. Ginger was the daughter of Dawn Zuidgeest-Craft (ne Hemleb) and Robert Zuidgeest. [18], At age 21, Zee was diagnosed with narcolepsy. This Midwest girl got her start in broadcast meteorology at television stations in Michigan, Illinois, and Indiana before making her way to Good Morning America. In May 2013, she was named the weather anchor for ABCs flagship morning show, Good Morning America. "From that point when I was ready, then I think it was only seven, eight months and we were engaged. Hottest Pictures Of Ginger Zee. We believe that every person's story is important as it provides our community with an opportunity to feel a sense of belonging, share their hopes and dreams. This video will show you how to rapidly burn through 60-80 lbs of stubborn fat from arms, belly, hips and butt in a matter of weeks. The mom of two has blonde streaks throughout her hair. Showing Editorial results for ginger zee. Their second child, Miles, was born in February 2018. [19] The couple wed on June 7, 2014. [2][12] In addition, Zee is an AMS Certified Broadcast Meteorologist.[13]. She was born and raised in Orange, California, United States. Ginger Zee and her husband, Ben Aaron, got married in 2014. For the man who orchestrated it all, her remarkable rise was in the charts. In her post debuting the new look, the beloved meteorologist explained, "Life is short, cut bangs," adding that she "may or may not have watched all 3 seasons of [Emily in Paris] when I was sick & had a little [Lily Collins] inspiration.". Copyright 2023 PopCulture.com. Her threshold for a freak-out is about a twenty-mile-per-hour gust, and then she yells, "Everyone down in the basement!" In the photo, Zee, now ABC News chief meteorologist, is smiling wide as she sits at the desk at her first on-air meteorologist job at a local TV station in Michigan. Performance & security by Cloudflare. There are six members altogether in her family. [2], Zee was born Ginger Renee Zuidgeest on January 13, 1981, in Orange, California, the daughter of Dawn Zuidgeest-Craft (ne Hemleb) and Robert Zuidgeest. [3][4][5] The family moved to Michigan before she was 1 year old. Ginger Zee's swimsuit malfunction is so relatable Last News Born January 13, 1981, Zee is 40-years-old and is a graduate of Valparaiso University. — -- Ginger Zee is the chief meteorologist at ABC News, reporting on the nations weather on Good Morning America and across ABC News broadcasts and digital platforms. You're amazing," and: "So much truth, heartache and recovery for you. Ginger ZEE: Social Media: Facebook: Click he [3] [4] [5] The family moved to Michigan before she was 1 year old. ", A post shared by ginger_zee (@ginger_zee), She then noted how the responsibility of taking contraceptives always falls on women, saying: "I hope male contraception (beyond condoms) is soon widely available. Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine raised $300K in one week for earthquake relief in Syria and Turkey: 'We are filled . A third added: "Did he do one? Their second child, son Miles, arrived in February 2018. From 2003-2005, Zee worked at WEYI NBC 25 in Flint, MI. 0 replies 1 retweet 14 likes. Adrian, was born. The third image was the most critical, with the GMA viewer candidly writing, "Not liking Ginger's new haircut at all" alongside a frowning emoji. I can see more clearly now. Facts of Ginger Zee Full Name: Ginger Zee Age: 40 Birthday: January 13, 1981 Nationality: American Horoscope: N/A Husband: Ben Aaron Net Worth: $3 million. [23] The family lives in Manhattan. ", MORE:GMA's Ginger Zee shares rare photo with young sons for important reason, MORE:Ginger Zee shares exciting news with gorgeous photo - 'I can't wait'. Search instead in Creative? [2][14] Zee occasionally appears on other ABC programming such as Nightline and ABC World News Tonight. 's newsletter, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted hellomagazine.com's privacy policy, the cookies policy, and the website terms of use, and that you consent to hellomagazine.com using your data according to the established laws. Similarly, Zee has three siblings: Adrianna Craft and Elaina Craft are sisters, and Sean Jeffrey is her brother. Their first child, Adrian, was born in December 2015. Learn more about her spouse and their marriage. Zee also holds the CBM Seal for Meteorology. A post shared by ginger_zee (@ginger_zee). Like this story? Zee reveals that she retaliated by cheating on him with her ex-boyfriend. ", MORE:Ginger Zee shares shocking video of tornadoes ravaging Ohio, MORE:Ginger Zee rocks fitted wedding dress in heartfelt post fans react, Including an excerpt from her book, she provided details about the awful instances that led to her unwanted pregnancy, writing: "When a young girl is raped by her uncle, an IUD won't save her from the mental torture and PTSD, but it would protect her from having a child born from the horrific start. Ginger Zee Parents Ginger was born in a Dutch family. Although I am totally more of a Mary Ann, I love the glamour that Ginger brings to the island.. You can email the site owner to let them know you were blocked. [22] In February 2018, she gave birth to another son, Miles Macklin. Product details Publisher : Hyperion Avenue (January 11, 2022) Calling Zee an accomplished meteorologist with the rare skill set of combining fearless storm chasing with genuine personality and credibility, agent Rick Ramage said: She's a Midwestern girl who grew up in Michigan and gained a lot of experience covering severe weather in Chicago. I was mesmerized. Zee followed the video up just a day later when she debuted the look on-air during a GMA segment in which she pledged to recycle fashion for the benefit of the environment. Murdaugh is heckled as he leaves court, Ukrainian soldier takes out five tanks with Javelin missiles, Isabel Oakeshott receives 'menacing' message from Matt Hancock, Alex Murdaugh unanimously found GUILTY of murder of wife and son, Isabel Oakeshott clashes with Nick Robinson over Hancock texts, Family of a 10-month-old baby filmed vaping open up, Missing hiker buried under snow forces arm out to wave to helicopter, Moment teenager crashes into back of lorry after 100mph police race. "Got him @benaarontv," the mother-of-two wrote alongside the footage, which was liked over 74,000 times. I Am One, which is published by Kingswell. Before the journalist was a year old, her family relocated to Michigan. Zee, who was born Ginger Zuidgeest, is the chief meteorologist for ABC News . She shared even more details about her struggle on GMA, admitting that it took her years of therapy to love her body and have a normal relationship with food. Since Miles' arrival, Ginger has been the subject of a number of pregnancy rumours in the press. In August 2017, Ginger announced on "Good Morning America" that she was pregnant with her second child. Zee was born Ginger Renee Zuidgeest on January 13, 1981 in Orange, California, the daughter of Dawn Zuidgeest-Craft (ne Hemleb) and Robert Zuidgeest. The official "after party" of the Michigan wedding of Good Morning America meteorologist and Rockford native Ginger Zee to her new husband, WNBC reporter Ben Aaron, had begun. Ginger was raised in Michigan as her parents moved from California when she was a toddler. Ginger Zee abused pills in an attempt at suicide because of her depression and checked herself into a mental hospital 10 days before she landed her dream job at ABC News, she writes in her new memoir which comes out on December 5. Posted In television broadcasting script | No comments . Ginger Zee Quotes - BrainyQuote. Meanwhile, Ginger, who competed in an episode of "Celebrity Jeopardy!" Follow Ginger on Twitter: @ginger_Zee; her Facebook Fan Page is: Facebook.com/gingerzeetv, 24/7 coverage of breaking news and live events. Her younger brother, Sean Jeffrey Zuidgeest, is her sole sibling. In announcing the moves to the staff, ABC News president Ben Sherwood wrote: While there is no replacing Sam, we are in excellent hands with his storm chasing partner of the last few years, meteorologist Ginger Zee, who will take over his weather responsibilities at GMA and across ABC News. She also serves as a substitute host on The View and 20/20. I lied to myself constantly and that [lasted] not just that four or five really bad years, but then for the next 15 years, and I feel like this one of the first times in my life I'm being honest with everybody and myself,' the 36-year-old confessed. Zee also reveals that she twice backed out of an engagement with the same fiance (not the abusive boyfriend). The Tri-State Area's Largest Weather Team Your By registering to HELLO! Before that assignment, Zee worked at WOOD-TV in Grand Rapids, MI where she part of the Storm Team 8, also covering the environment, science and the impact of weather throughout West Michigan. She is the chief meteorologist for ABC News. Zee followed the video up just a day later when she debuted the look on-air during a . Zee was named after "Ginger" from Gilligan's Island by her Dutch father, due to his love of the show. The Good Morning America star posted a hilarious video on Instagram of Ben entering their bedroom, only to see his wife sitting on the bed with a gold face mask covering her face. By registering to HELLO! I guarantee you will be happily surprised.. In addition to keeping us informed about the latest weather conditions, Ginger is also a mother to two young sons. Seven Star Biz . Their second child, Miles, was born in February 2018. June 29, 2022. Zee has been awarded three Emmy Awards and in 2011 she was inducted into the American Meteorological Society's Broadcast Seal of Approval Hall of Fame. We have the power to change that, she penned in an essay on GMAs website in May 2022. Over the years, Zee has covered almost all the weather-related events happening across the globe. VIDEO: GMA's Ginger Zee shows off gym-toned physique in workout video. She shares how she prevents premature heart disease. Ginger Zee gave her husband Ben Aaron a shock over the weekend and the TV personality couldn't resist sharing his reaction with her fans on social media. Since when do you always have to have something new? Cloudflare Ray ID: 7a2beb3a2ab52f7c Her passion for meteorology brought her to stormchase in college at Valparaiso University where she earned her bachelor of science in meteorology. See photos and videos inside her lavish state. ", Ginger went on to have two adorable boys with husband ben Aaron, In the caption, she added: "There is so much more to say, but at this very moment, education and contraception are missing from most of the conversations. When Ginger Zee opened her life to readers in Natural Disaster, the response was enormous. The couple's first child together, son Adrian, was born in December 2015. . In 2013, she was named chief meteorologist for Good Morning America, replacing Sam Champion. GMA's Ginger Zee and husband Ben Aaron have been married since 2014 Their first child, Adrian, was born in December 2015. There is no information on whether Ginger is Jewish. ABCs Ginger Zee is one of the most popular weather presenters in the country! She was popularly known by her pseudonym, Ginger Zee. Among her professional role models, Zee counts Tom Skilling, the undisputed king of Chicago weather, for whom she worked as an intern early in her career. She also serves as a substitute host on The View and 20/20. Ginger Zee was born on January 13, 1981, in Orange, California, to Dawn Zuidgeest-Craft and Robert Zuidgeest. Ginger, who was diagnosed with narcolepsy at age 21, also shared an adorable snap of Adrian seated at a children's table, papers scattered over the surface, and a bookshelf next to him. She shared a heartwarming photo to her social media accounts on Wednesday, posing with reporters Reggie Aqui, Kumasi Aaron, Drew Tuma, and Jobina Fortson. American - Scientist Born: January 13, 1981. After she was absent from Good Morning America for a few days, meteorologist Ginger Zee surprised viewers with a new haircut. Television personality Ginger Zee is happier than ever in her gorgeous mansion in New York. Even Good Morning America chief meteorologist Ginger Zee can't escape the occasional wardrobe malfunction. [15], In 2015, she competed in an episode of Celebrity Jeopardy! 1 weather job. Adrian Benjamin Colonomos, the couple's first child, was born in Petoskey, Michigan, in December 2015. About WMAR. No expense was spared making this wildly polished, upscale steakhouse that resembles a mid-century, art deco dream lined with black-and-white photos of old-school rap legends, like Eazy-E. 360 Ginger Zee pictures. in 2015, has also kept her avid followers on social media in the loop about her life at home. Ginger Zee, who is taking part in the No New Clothes Pledge, seen in an outfit worn during a May 2022 episode of "Good Morning America." Courtesy Ginger Zee. She writes that she knew from an early age that she wanted to be a meteorologist. That comes from the character on Gilligans Island, which was one of her fathers favorites. But thanks for your opinion! [16], On March 4, 2016, Zee was announced as a celebrity competitor on the 22nd season of ABC's Dancing with the Stars. 00:45 GMT 26 Nov 2017 Ginger Zee Bikini Pics We collect and tell stories of people from all around the world. After debuting a fresh hairstyle that includes bangs and highlights upon her return to Good Morning America earlier this month, the GMA meteorologist took to Instagram to hit back at the haters, sharing screenshots of some of the comments she has received while quipping, "Opinions are like", In the first image, the commenter had nothing but love for Zee's new 'do, excitedly writing, "LOVE THE BANGS," followed by a second message that read, "Your hair looks awesome." Congratulations are in order for Good Morning America star Ginger Zee she's a new mom-of-two! Zee also writes that she began dating her best friend, who turned out to be gay. For Zee, however, the road to the top was hardly smooth sailing. "I am so excited that I actually have a kitchen because I've lived in cities for so long that I've just had tiny apartments with kitchens that are smaller than the island now," she told US Weekly. However, the comments got a bit more critical as the slideshow continued. [17] The couple finished in third place behind Paige VanZandt in second and Nyle DiMarco in first. In her new memoir, "A Little Closer to Home: How I Found the Calm After the Storm," which is a follow-up to her first book, "Natural Disaster," the ABC News chief meteorologist dives into conversations about mental health by opening up about her own life experiences. [24], Last edited on 19 February 2023, at 19:47, "UPI Almanac for Wednesday, Jan. 13, 2021", "For Ginger Zee at ABC, 'absolute dream' comes true", "Rockford's Ginger Zee makes her debut on 'Good Morning America', "Hall of Fame class of 2012 inductees announced", "List of AMS Certified Broadcast Meteorologists (CBM)", "Sam Champion Leaves 'Good Morning America' For Weather Channel, Ginger Zee To Replace Him", "Watch 'Scandal' Star Bellamy Young Dominate 'Celebrity Jeopardy', "Ginger Zee to Join 'Dancing With the Stars,' Partnered With Val Chmerkovskiy", "Ginger Zee's wedding: See the 'after party' pictures from Petoskey", "ABC News chief meteorologist Ginger Zee expecting 2nd child", "Meet Miles Macklin! Born In: Orange, California, USA Birthdate: January 13, 1981 Age: 42 years old (as of 2023) Ethnicity: White Nationality: American Sexuality: Straight Ginger Zee was born on the 13th of January, 1981. | Photo: Getty Images. In 2019, Ben made a defiant statement against these stories, showing his support for his wife. GMA's Ginger Zee and husband Ben Aaron have been married since 2014. Looks like an off the shelf box dye job. Thats right, this girl can shake it on the dance floor AND give you all the latest info on your local forecast. We have to choose and make outfits from Goodwill, or our friends rummage sale. Keep scrolling to see photos of Gingers new haircut. Feder flashback: So you think you know Chicago television. 'It was gorgeous, so energetic. [7][8] Zee's paternal grandparents are Adriaan Cornelis "Adrian" or "Arie" Zuidgeest and Hillegonda "Hilda" Zuidgeest (ne VanderShoor), who both immigrated to the United States from the Netherlands. The abode also boasts a dining room and beautiful kitchen, which is Ginger's favorite part of the home. Zee was born Ginger Renee Zuidgeest on January 13, 1981, in Orange, California, the daughter of Dawn Zuidgeest-Craft ( ne Hemleb) and Robert Zuidgeest. Our accuracy is amazing and will only continue to improve. 's newsletter, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted hellomagazine.com's privacy policy, the cookies policy, and the website terms of use, and that you consent to hellomagazine.com using your data according to the established laws. While in California, Zee visited her colleagues at ABC7 and showered them with praise. The couple's estate also has a full basement, a patio area, a pool, a playroom for their children, and entertainment rooms. Ginger Zee Height Ginger stands at an approximated height of 5 feet 7 inches (1.7 m) and has a bodyweight of 124 lbs (56 kg). Ginger Zee is pictured left on November 23, 2022, in New York City. at the top of her lungs.). MORE:Ginger Zee calls out ABC as she takes a stance against unattainable beauty standards. The 37-year-old welcomed her second child, a baby boy named Miles Macklin Colonomos, on Friday . Shed been weekend weather anchor and weekday weather correspondent for GMA since November 2011. Ginger and Ben met through a mutual friend and have an incredible love story. The chief meteorologist for ABC News is pictured inset on the set of "Good Morning America" on October 3, 2022, in New York. Zee, who was born Ginger Zuidgeest, is the chief meteorologist for ABC News. against Bellamy Young, who won, and Josh Gad. Please include what you were doing when this page came up and the Cloudflare Ray ID found at the bottom of this page. In the fall of 2022, she revealed she was dyeing her hair lighter to match my hair to the changing trees. Gingers hair hasnt been the only big change she has made over the past few years. With the resignation of Sam Champion after seven years on ABCs Good Morning America to join the Weather Channel, Zee was promoted Monday to the shows No. In 2013, she replaced Sam Champion as the primary weather anchor for Good Morning America. The family moved to Michigan before she was 1 year old. No matter the natural disaster I've covered, whether it's a wildfire or flood, I always come back with a much greater perspective. Robert Feder, a lifelong Chicagoan, covered the media beat in his hometown from 1980 until his retirement in 2022. And the name Ginger? , updated The chief meteorologist talked about living with Borderline Personality Disorder. Flu bangs, she exclaimed in the clip. It's not.". If you wish to change your mind and would like to stop receiving communications from hellomagazine.com, you can revoke your consent by clicking on "unsubscribe" in the footer of the newsletter. Since joining ABC News, Zee has covered almost every major weather event and dozens of historic storms. By Allison Schonter She has a twin sister called Ginger Renee Colonomos, known by her pseudonym Ginger Zee, who is an American television personality. The TV host transformed her appearance, leaving her husband Ben Aaron shocked, GMA's Ginger Zee shares heartbreaking message with her followers, GMA's Ginger Zee shares rare photo with young sons for important reason, Ginger Zee shares exciting news with gorgeous photo - 'I can't wait', Ginger Zee leaves fans concerned with worrying storm footage, Ginger Zee reveals stunning hair transformation. Zee reached national prominence when she joined Good Morning America Weekend on November 12, 2011. She is popular for being a TV Show Host. Meteorologists don't use a script, and most create their own graphics and certainly put together their own forecasts. Fans were quick to notice Gingers new look, as she also straightened her hair instead of sporting her usual curls. 6 of our favourite bags from the luxe new accessories label to know, Win 10,000 to kickstart your fashion career, 5 new spring denim cuts to flatter your figure. After Zee shared the segment to her Instagram account, the comments section flooded with responses to her new style, and not all of them were positive. Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox. The industry will keep making it. She resides in New York City. Followers were quick to comment on the fun clip, with one writing: "Been there done that, scared my husband and both my sons!" A human who is just having some fun. After making a full recovery and returning to the series on Monday, January 23, the weather forecaster decided to give her locks a big chop. Ginger Zee was born in Orange, California on January 13, 1981. She captioned the photo: "Super Sunday exploring in the woods my favorite @benaarontv's nightmare.". ", READ:Ginger Zee leaves fans concerned with worrying storm footage, SEE:Ginger Zee reveals stunning hair transformation. Good Morning America 's Ginger Zee talks about her running routine and why she hosted the RUN 10 FEED 10 event to benefit the hungry. ", Fans flooded her comments section commending her for opening up, writing: "I had no idea Ginger Thank you for using your platform like this. Back when she was first named the chief meteorologist on GMA in 2013, Gingers hair was a much darker shade of brown. Zee worked at a number of small television stations before she landed her big break at ABC News. The news personality revealed the inspiration behind her hairdo. Her success is a tribute to her great talent and incredible work ethic..