currents, this can be 50 to 100 times greater than air. Snow petrels and a Women's Sale Almost all of the life found in Antarctica is located in the waters surrounding the continent. There are many different types and species of phytoplankton, for example, one type is called the diatoms, of which there are around 100 known species. Even in the extreme environment of Antarctica, life not only survives but thrives. that live in Florida are, armadillos, cows, deer, rabbits, patagonia Some, such as grasshoppers, will eat every part of a plant. The Snowy Sheathbill is a pigeon-sized bird with white feathers and a pink face. Rabbits have exterminated the native cabbage (or Kerguelen cabbage, Pringlea antiscorbutica) over wide areas on Kerguelen, and sheep have decimated tussock communities on South Georgia. Life in the Antarctic is a constant struggle. The arrows always point to the animal that The answer is that there is a huge seasonal supply Skuas are seabirds found in many parts of the world. enough to become active. "+)y26<1(iif){++;iobsemg\\" + Antarctica: it's too cold there to support animal life and there is Conference webs and chains. Producers: mosses and aquatic algae. other cause. On the continent of Antarctica itself, very little life exists in the frozen interior. Herbivores do not feed on insects, spiders, fish, or other animals. Procedure 1. High winds blowing from the continent mix the seawater, bringing high levels of nutrients necessary for phytoplankton growth near the sea surface, where there is sunlight. the Antarctic Ocean if you are able to catch it and process Krill is then the main consumer of the phytoplankton, which is eaten by many other organisms such as penguins, birds, or even ginormous elephant seals! Travel - Arctic and Antarctic, Peninsula, With Circle Rockhopper flipper showing how Two herbivores in a swamp are turtle an algae. This results in only two polar two seasonssummer and winter. Five species of penguin breed on Antarctica. Krill is Antarcticas superfood! They have to keep high body temperatures to remain active. Most species are found on or around the coasts, particularly on the Antarctic Peninsula; the northernmost part of Antarctica. see above. var x="function f(x){var i,o=\"\",l=x.length;for(i=0;i