I was peer-nominated and inducted into my medical school's chapter of the Gold Humanism Honor Society. Completion of the supplemental ERAS application is. Hometown:Toronto, Canada Accomplishments:I have been working with kids through organizations/non-profits since middle school! Hometown:Brooklyn, NY Sepeedeh Kermalli, DO Feel free to pop in just about every Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 8 -9 a.m. I like to work out. General Surgery Residency Program Westchester . Lewis M. Fraad Department of Pediatrics. Our robust emergency department is always busy and provides excellent exposure to a variety of pathology, as well as hands-on exposure to a variety of procedures. Mission Statement: The Westchester County Health Care Corporation (WCHCC) is a public benefit corporation operating a hospital for the County of Westchester and the State of New York. Career Goals:PICU Accomplishments:Cooking dinner almost every night even with a busy resident schedule! Also, the hospital looks like a real life toy house! From the beginning at orientation to the final days at the graduation dinner, we truly become a family. Rachel Friedmann, DO Accomplishments:Presenting my first ever podium presentation internationally in Cape Town, South Africa! Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:The residents! The Cochlear Implant Center and Balance Center at Westchester Medical Center. Career Goals:Plan on doing a fellowship, not sure which one yet. Rachel Ronau, DO Career Goals:Most likely fellowship, NICU or hospitalist Hobbies:Improving my tennis skills, walking dogs that I wish were mine, and being adventurous with the people I care about. I helped implement a clinic-based program linking eligible immigrant families to pro-bono legal services to help increase their access to healthcare services, Rock climbing, painting, museum hopping, trying new food. We take a holistic approach to application review and have no specific cutoffs. The hospital is beautiful and I love how the residents support each other as we continue to learn. Excellent faculty and fabulous, supportive co-residents. Boston MA 02111 | 617-636-5000 Video gaming on PC, PS4, and Switch, reading historical fiction novels, watching anime and a variety of movies, and diamond painting. Career Goals:Pediatric cardiology The remainder of the year includes one month each of NICU, ED, Well-Baby Nursery, Adolescent Medicine and Developmental/Behavioral Pediatrics, two weeks of a Community Pediatric Advocacy rotation (CPA),as well as a rotation devoted to improving residents' procedural and evidence-based medicine skills. Kristen Wallace, DO. The people - our program director, co-residents, attendings/preceptors, administrative staff, and hospital staff to name a few. I am going into my residency with an open mind! Leonard J. Newman, M.D. Coby Dorfman, MD Medical School:New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Erie. The hospital has 895 beds with 50 ICU beds, a state-of-the-art telehealth center The medical school has a new translational research center that provides the infrastructure to conduct high quality research by utilizing the resources offered by New York Medical College and clinical investigators at Westchester Medical Center. The people and the autonomy residents have! Medical School: Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Erie Maria Fareri Children's Hospital at Westchester Medical Center, Pediatric Residency; Dr. Hough considers taking care of children a privilege. Posted: October 11, 2022. Medical School:Howard University College of Medicine Patricia Pleta, DO The awesome people I get to work withand the cool fire truck INSIDE the hospital! Cooking dinner almost every night even with a busy resident schedule! It offers an active nightlife, fine dining, performance arts, great living accommodations, and many shopping centers. Spending time with my niece while doing all of the above is just the icing on the cake. Here, faculty and residents, as well as guest lecturers, present a variety of pertinent pediatric topics. Subspecialty: Westchester Medical Center Interventional Cardiology Fellowship. I love the people here! Residency Program Coordinator. Elysia Cohen, MD Friendliness and support of co-residents and faculty. Accomplishments:I am part of the Gold Humanism Honor Society The wide range of clinics offered allows residents to choose which type of outpatient pediatric clinic they would prefer. Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:My favorite thing about the program has to be the welcoming environment and the family-feel atmosphere. Our monthly End of Block Rotation Parties! Hometown:Oakton, VA Center for Hearing and Skull Base Surgery. Won intern of the year. Favorite thing about the Program/MFCH:Incredibly supportive administration and co-residents. With the introduction of a Wellness Curriculum in 2019 and the development of our resident-run Wellness Committee, we have initiated a program-wide culture shift to recognize and address the challenges associated with being a modern physician. 3203511176 New York Medical College at Westchester Medical Center Valhalla. About Us: WMCHealth is a 1,900-bed healthcare system headquartered in Valhalla, New York, with ten hospitals on seven campuses spanning 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. Donna Hemmings Program Coordinator Phone: 914.493.7671 Fax: 914.493.7445. Undecided, going into residency with an open mind! Supportive faculty and vibrant camaraderie amongst the residents. white dog with black eye patch names; southside legend strain certified New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine, I am part of the Gold Humanism Honor Society, Hiking, traveling, plants, dancing, cooking. . Hobbies:Traveling as seen from my fun facts; finding reality shows to watch on TV Each rotation block consists of a four-week rotation. I was a university professor, academic advisor, and intern at the NYC Office of the Chief Medical Examiner prior to medical school. The resident teams typically consist of two PGY1 residents, one PGY2 resident and one PGY3 resident who are supervised by a NICU fellow and NICU attending. Joseph (Yosef) Schwob, DO Learned how to play tennis in medical school! 19 Bradhurst Ave. Suite 3800S. I once donated my hair to make a wig for a child with cancer. Anesthesiology; Internal Medicine; Neurological Surgery; Neurology; Orthopaedic Surgery; Pathology (Anatomic & Clinical) Pediatrics; Psychiatry; Radiology . Medical School:Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine Anything food related (cooking, baking, and especially eating), listening to podcasts (my favorite right now is Crime Junkie), bingeing Netflix, traveling and spending time with my family and friends! Everyone has been so kind and welcoming, it really makes you feel at home and helps foster a supportive environment to learn and grow! Some of the most popular departments for research are PICU, NICU, pulmonology, and hematology/oncology. Kayleigh Clark, MD Accomplishments:Best aunt to three cuties. Fun Fact/Accomplishments: I have a cat named Jane Fonda and she is purrfect. Career Goals:Probably a fellowship, but I'm not sure what yet! The supplemental ERAS application provides: The supplemental ERAS application will be delivered on a survey platform that is separate from the MyERAS application and must be completed between August 1 and September 16, 2022. Fun Fact/Accomplishments: Next item on her bucket list is to get her motorcycle license. Kyra Holler, DO Accomplishments:I have completed internships in both General Surgery and Family Medicine. Hometown:New Hampshire When I went back to do my pre-med coursework, the only course requirement I had already filled was in the English Department. Hobbies:Hiking, Botany, Classical Art and Music, Poetry, Computer Science, Bicycling and Running, Exploring New Cuisines! English wasn't my first language, Punjabi was! Hobbies:All things mystery! Hometown:Enugu, Nigeria We pride ourselves on our programs supportive, inclusive culture that values advocacy and joy in our work. Urology Residency Program. Catelyn Rueger, DO Hanging out with family and friends, baking, reading, hiking. I once almost fell off a mountain and to this day, my parents don't know about it. "Another thing to add about this program is that there is no pre rounding. Plus, kids are hands-down better than adults! Our program prides itself on establishing close bonds among co-residents from day one. Medical School: Chicago Medical School, Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine & Science WMC is an academic medical center and the flagship hospital of the Westchester Medical Center Health Network. Over the course of three years, pediatric residents are exposed to a variety of pediatric cases, ranging from the typical "bread and butter" to the highly subspecialty-based and complex. Hometown:Bengaluru, India Simran Bhatti, DO ACGME Code: 3203511176. Fun Fact:I won 'Most Distinguished Laugh' and 'Most Likely to Succeed' in my high school's Senior Superlatives 2023 Ramon Cabrera, MD, PhD Also, who doesnt enjoy seeing a giant fish tank!? Medical School: Kamineni Institute of Medical Sciences I'm still exploring the world of Pediatrics - current interests are hospitalist and NICU! Medical School: SUNY Downstate Medical Center College of Medicine Posted: March 03, 2023. Everyone here is so supportive of one another and sincerely cares about your well-being and career goals. Our fellows work directly with residents and provide a great source of education and learning in their specialty. At Westchester Health, our Pediatrics Department contains board trained and certified physicians who specialize in providing a broad range of comprehensive care, managing both common and complex illnesses in infants, children, adolescents and young adults up to age 21. Presented an abstract at the THSNA US summit in 2017 Hobbies:League of Legends, computer hardware Also, there's no such thing as "zebra" diagnoses at MFCH. Maria Cabrera-Hernandez, MD I am currently training (for a second time since COVID-19 cancelled my first opportunity) for my first full marathon! Westchester has everything you'll need for creating a wonderful living experience. NYC H+H/Metropolitan Randi Hartman . Hobbies:Hanging out with my son, Pilates, traveling, trying new restaurants, binge-watching reality tv The extremely supportive environment and my co-residents! - Posted 11/10/2020. Catherine Murphy, MD Baking, swimming, true crime books and documentaries, writing musical parodies, playing with my nieces and nephews. I always feel comfortable asking questions and learning! Hobbies:Dancing! Ultimately, I would like to work in academic medicine as I love teaching and working with medical students to help them achieve their career goals! Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Seton Hill, I won 'Most Distinguished Laugh' and 'Most Likely to Succeed' in my high school's Senior Superlatives. Fun Fact/Accomplishments: Builds computers for fun, is an expert at getting MRIs to happen for his patients, and graduated medical school in the best shape of his life! We encourage and support interested residents to pursue additional training. Fun Fact:I once donated my hair to make a wig for a child with cancer. Hobbies:Swimming and arts and crafts Lots and lots of podcasts. '70. Keila Sole, DO Clare Bozso, DO For the two larger teams (Rainbows and Ladders) with five juniors and three seniors, the teams are split into two hemi-teams for family-centered rounds. Plus, the hospital is clearly designed for kids. Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:How supportive everyone is! Residents who feel they need the time may also spend an individual month preparing for their pediatric board certification exam. Richard J. Gersh, M.D. Medical School: Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine, Erie Hobbies:I love all things Disney, the Hamilton soundtrack, a good Target run, and asking to pet every dog I meet. TBD, but leaning toward General Pediatrics. Welcome to the Pediatric Hospital Medicine Fellowship Program at Westchester Medical Center! Sonam Kapoor, DO Medical School:New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine Career Goals:Something general, still figuring it out. We haven't met each other in person yet, but since then we've all been chatting every day on WhatsApp. Recent enhancements to the program include the creation of a Director of Research for the Division . Still University School of Osteopathic Medicine in Arizona (SOMA). Medical School: Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:Cool co- interns, the beautiful hospital layout and all the people contained within it! From Level 1, Level 2 and Pediatric Trauma Centers, the region's only acute care children's . Plus, the hospital is clearly designed for kids. Our dedicated pediatric emergency department is a level 1 pediatric trauma center staffed and supervised by board-certified pediatric emergency medicine (PEM) attendings with 24/7 coverage. Tel: (718) 918-6981 Fax: (718) 918-6960 I get to work everyday with outstanding professionals and human beings. Our location in New York's Hudson Valley grants us unparalleled population density and diversity. I am a certified international lifeguard, swimming and canoeing instructor, and have my boating license. Hometown:Berkeley, CA Career Goals:My goal is to be a Neonatologist at a high level NICU with very premature babies. Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:In my short time here, I have been blown away by the support you receive in this program from both the leadership and your peers. Westchester Medical Center is the flagship of the 10-hospital . Chair of the Department of Pediatrics. To be an awesome Pediatrician to many wonderful kiddos- in what subspecialty to be decided! Hobbies:Video gaming on PC, PS4, and Switch, reading historical fiction novels, watching anime and a variety of movies, and diamond painting Search for jobs related to Westchester medical center pediatric residency or hire on the world's largest freelancing marketplace with 20m+ jobs. And I've got a monstera deliciosa plant that's practically a family member at this point. Favorite thing about the program/MFCH:My favorite thing about the program is the people. Hometown:Southlake, TX Medical School: Stony BrookUniversity School of Medicine Nevine Macalintal, MD I enjoy taking them for hikes, taking them running, and going to the beach and Starbucks with them. Medical School:George Washington University School of Medicine and Health Sciences Hobbies:I love making things; I quilt and I do needlepoint, and try most crafts at least once. As community hospitals across the nation reduce or shutter inpatient pediatric services, WMCHealth invests in community-based children . I actually lost count! ely funeral home neptune, nj; longest nfl game weather delay; cari laque bio; Online Forms. . 19 Skyline Drive 2N-B04. Hobbies:Rock climbing, video games, hiking, audiobooks I have two rescue puppies Clare and Kerry. Hobbies:Baking, swimming, true crime books and documentaries, writing musical parodies, playing with my nieces and nephews. Fun Fact:I'm in the process of teaching myself the latest pop hits on my niece's Fisher Price Xylophone. Just trying to keep an open mind throughout residency and figure out what I really love! Choose a . Fun Fact:The first part of my last name was given to me in honor of a great uncle Laura Prunty, DO Medical School: New York Medical College Spending time with family, running, listening to music. Network facilities and personnel provide comprehensive care over 6,200 square miles of the Hudson Valley. Westchester Medical Center Internal Medicine Residency, Valhalla, NY. Even though it is a hospital with a lot of sick kids, it is not a sad environment. Fun Fact:I have met three Olympic swimmers Stony BrookUniversity School of Medicine, In-Hospital Care (whether as a hospitalist or otherwise). 3203511161 Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai New York. Medical School:New York Medical College Career Goals:Undecided Ask me about bitcoin! I love to travel to museums and visit local coffee shops and bakeries in my free time. As a tertiary and quaternary care hospital, WMC is a referral hospital for the Hudson Valley region's 2.4 million residents. I became interested in Pediatrics after I had an amazing rotation with attendings who really cared about us as students. WCHCC functions in conjunction with New York Medical College and the facility and staff as an academic health care center providing "world class medicine just a . These introduce residents to concepts of stress management and mindfulness, while practicing talk therapy and meditation. Srujana Sattari, MBBS Fun Fact: I have a secret passion for cooking and plating aesthetically appealing dishes, and even more so designing novelty sandwiches with a life goal to open my own retro designer soup and sandwich shop. Joel Thomas, MD Among other things, we have hosted dinners for new interviewees, started a new mentorship program between NYMC students and residents, and are expanding our diversity education curriculum in coordination with the Assistant Program Director, Dr. Sonia Solomon. . The Pediatric Residency Program at Flushing Hospital is an intensive, three-year, ACGME accredited program committed to providing residents with a comprehensive learning experience. I read lots of queer romance novels. The PL1 intern year is inpatient-heavy, with six months spent on one our three inpatient teams general pediatrics (Rainbows), mixed subspecialty (Ladders) and (hematology/oncology (Stars) each in equal measure. Chantal Talmor, MD Hometown:Dartmouth, MA We are proud of our program and its graduates, and we look forward to introducing them to you. Each resident is paired with a career mentor in their desired field, based on their area of interest. WMCHealth employs more than 12,000 people and has nearly 3,000 attending physicians. Also I love the kid-friendly atmosphere of the hospital. Search job openings, see if they fit - company salaries, reviews, and more posted by Westchester Medical Center employees. Jai (Ponmali) Photavath, MD Most recently, I have started learning to play piano. Accomplishments:I have been working with kids through organizations/non-profits since middle school! Medical School:New York Medical College 7 a.m. - 8 a.m.: Morning signout I am going into my residency with an open mind! Won an award for best Service Learning Project at my medical school for a Drowning Prevention Project with low income children. Career Goals:In-Hospital Care (whether as a hospitalist or otherwise) I think we make patients and families feel as much "at home" as possible. University of Connecticut School of Medicine, Emergency Pediatrics or General Pediatrics. Accomplishments:First generation MD and First female member in my family to posses a graduate degree. Fellowship. The seniors are always there to guide and assist, the interns help each other chug through the long days of work, and the faculty and administration go above and beyond to integrate our personal lives into our busy schedules. Accomplishments:Ran three half-marathons together with a friend with Muscular Dystrophy Our group is mentored by the amazing pulmonologist, Marilyn Scharbach. Fun Fact/Accomplishments: Was a Girl Scout for k-12 and traveled to the Girl Scout World Center in Switzerland. The Pediatric Residency Program at Maimonides Medical Center offers an outstanding faculty under the leadership of the Chair of Pediatrics Jeffrey Avner and Program Director Ingrid Walker-Descartes MD, MPH. Medical School:New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine ET (morning report) and every weekday 12 p.m. - 1 p.m. Rouba Sayegh, MD My favorite thing is the kids and their families; I love spending time with them on the floor. I was drawn to pediatrics as a career because of the amazing clinical and ancillary teams that I got to work with at MFCH during my medical school rotations. Email: mondorep@upstate.edu. Hobbies:Spending time with family and friends, foodie adventures, the arts, and of course the Netflix binge Fellowships. To be a Pediatrician who children and families trust. Hometown:Queens, NY I also ran two half marathons (so practically one whole marathon.) WMCHealth Physicians: Advanced ENT Services - Rye Brook. Won intern of the year. Each of our three inpatient teams(Rainbows, Ladders and Stars) consist of four or five PGY1 junior residents, two or three PGY2 or PGY3 senior residents, and variable numbers of medical students. There, residents take primary responsibility for critically ill children with a variety of conditions, including trauma, burns, and post-operative cardiac surgery. Fun Fact:Have had three bear encounters in the wild General Surgery (7) Hepatobiliary Surgery (8) Minimally Invasive Surgery (9) Pediatric Surgery (10) Plastic Surgery (11) Surgical Critical Care (12) Surgical Oncology (13) Transplant Surgery . I have two furry babies: One dog Duke and one cat called Luna. Fun Fact:I have two fluffy cats named Clark and Curby! Westchester Medical Center Program 3203511176 Applicant Criteria - Is Program IMG Friendly? Year after year our residents express enthusiasm about the diversity of our cases and the educational opportunities provided by the breadth of pathologies we encounter. I love to travel to museums and visit local coffee shops and bakeries in my free time. Applicants will need to have completed a residency in General Pediatrics by June, 2023. In addition, each resident has several blocks in which they have the opportunity to determine their own curricula, including creating their own electives. Hometown:Moscow, Russia Accomplishments:Graduating from medical school in one piece. Ultimately, I would like to work in academic medicine as I love teaching and working with medical students to help them achieve their career goals! Everyone gets really close, really quickly and is so supportive. Get Directions . Accomplishments:I cooked meals using just a hot plate for the first month of intern year! The first children's hospital named after a child, MFCH has set the standard for a comforting and stimulating healing environment for ill children and their families. In addition to our daily morning report/CRC and noon conference, residents are given an annual subscription to the TrueLearn Question Bank for board prep and the Yale Primary Care Pediatrics Curriculum for the weekly lectures in continuity clinic. Medical School:Albany Medical School/Sophie Davis School of Biomedical Education Hometown:East Elmhurst/Jackson Heights, NY From the beautiful facilities, child-friendly design, and resident camaraderie to opportunities for advocacy and community outreach with a diverse patient population - I'm so happy to be a part of the MFCH family with my great co-residents! Oh, you meant my fun fact? I spend a TON of time hanging out with my grade school age nephews. Fun Fact:Before med school I drove across the country with my girlfriend, from Los Angeles back to NJ. Our residents receive an exceptional education in all areas of pediatrics and they acquire the practical skills needed to care for children with a vast range of illnesses. Presented research at a national conference at age 20. Dave Plaza, MD Westchester Medical Center is the flagship of the 10-hospital Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth). For the two larger teams (Rainbows and Ladders) with five juniors and three seniors, the teams are split into two hemi-teams for. Applications to Garnet Health Medical Center's Residency Programs will only be accepted through . Career Goals:Pediatric Subspecialty (GI/Cardio/PICU) Brianna Cocuzzo, MD Westchester Medical Center. Location: Department of Pediatrics, SUNY Upstate Medical University, Room 5400, 750 East Adams St., Syracuse, NY 13210. Our dedicated staff is involved in research, developing tomorrow's treatments and in training the children's health care providers of tomorrow in the arts and sciences of pediatric . Hometown:Toronto, Canada Kelly Parness, DO Job Summary: Westchester Medical Center, a quaternary regional academic medical center in Valhalla, NY, 30 minutes north of New York City, seeks an academic attending physician in Comprehensive Ophthalmology, to join our expanding faculty. In my short time here, I have been blown away by the support you receive in this program from both the leadership and your peers. Medical School:Touro College of Osteopathic Medicine - Middletown Pediatric-Critical Care Medicine opening in Bronx, New York. We have regularly scheduled mock codes and monthly Emergency Department simulations, or sims, with our PICU and PEM attendings. Rochelle Rubinstein, MD Medical School:Rutgers NJMS Hobbies:Non-profit work, camping, going down rabbit holes, and reading history (I will easily spend all day in a museum). Westchester Medical Center, a quaternary regional academic medical center in Valhalla, NY, 30 minutes north of New York City, seeks an academic attending physician in Comprehensive Ophthalmology, to join our expanding faculty. Westchester Medical Center is now hiring a Pediatric Physiatrist in Valhalla, NY. 19 Bradhurst Ave. Suites 3600S and 3850S. Accomplishments:Recorded over 1,700 miles running, biking, and walking via the Charity Miles app to raise money for the American Diabetes Association NYC offers everything: a picnic in Central Park, cityscapes on the "Top-of-the Rock" at Rockefeller Center, Broadway shows, the Bronx Zoo, professional sports (the Yankees, the Knicks, the Rangers, the Giants, and the Jets), concerts, and some of the best and most diverse restaurants in the world. 8 Westchester Medical Center Pediatric Residency jobs in Hackensack. This changed the trajectory of my career and has made me really reflect on the way that our mentors shape our futures. Director of Ophthalmology for Westchester Medical Center Health Network (WMCHealth) Westchester Medical Center 100 Woods Road Macy Pavilion, Suite 1044A Valhalla, NY 10595. 3203511167 New York Presbyterian Hospital (Columbia Campus) Pediatrics residency program New York. It's free to sign up and bid on jobs. Before COVID, residents got together for monthly activities such as hiking, going to the beach, going to the park, and getting dinner. Hobbies:I love the following: spending quality time with family and friends, reading fiction, yoga, traveling to beautiful new places, shopping, skiing, strong coffee, a well-timed margarita, teaching myself to crochet, trashy reality tv, playing Stardew Valley, avoiding insects at all costs, and spending too much time on Tiktok. Fun Fact:I have two rescue puppies Clare and Kerry. Work and live in NYC or Westchester, the epicenter of the arts with some of the best public and private schools in the country . Hometown:Toronto, Canada Hometown:Brooklyn, NY Hobbies:Anime, listening to podcasts, reading, soccer, makeup Career Goals:Pediatric infectious disease Hobbies:Long distance running, I have run marathons in three different countries. At the moment I am learning about the beautiful and fascinating world of Children I meanHow Magnificent is that!! The residents! Pediatrics Residency Program. Career Goals:Global health; either general pediatrics Accomplishments:Graduated a three-year post-doc research fellowship in dermatology on GvHD and severe drug reactions at the Brigham & Women's Hospital, HMS. Residents graduate confident and very competent in high acuity/pressure situations. Fun Fact:I attended the ribbon cutting ceremony for MFCH when I was in first grade.