Could see another TV screen though there was a pillar partially blocking it. Comment on the game itself, atmosphere, stewards, pies, toilets etc.. Three kiosks open for food, a special match pie (steak and a local ale) was on, so minimal queuing whilst the other earlyish arrivals watched the lunchtime Premiership match. I can imagine its a great place to go in summer, overlooking the river, in the middle of February it still has its charm though. I stumbled across a crowd of fans from both teams who were waiting for the team coaches to arrive. I wouldn't want to pay another 45 for that view and as a result I doubt I'll be heading back except for an important end of season game. During the first half it began raining. In one corner in-between the Barclay End and South Stand, the stadium is overlooked by a sizeable Holiday Inn Hotel. Also, Norwich were the table toppers and appeared to be in good form, so I was expecting a decent game. The 'old farm' derby is always a classic and this was to be my first trip to Carrow Road. However, I do not know what section would be the best for us to see the game. Beware of an angry chap in a wheelchair who seemed quite upset with a couple of tackles made by the Birmingham players! The stewards were effective, but in no way overbearing. We arrived at the ground at about 1:30pm. Easy enough. We were kept behind afterwards but then made our way back to the coach and got away quickly and were soon back in Ipswich. In at least two of the stands there are (presumably) home fan only bars. Its remained home since then but has seen a fair few revamps over the years. It promises to be one of the most popular fixtures of the Spanish season. Able to stand throughout, which was a good job, as there is a metal barrier directly in front on the seat which could spoil the view. Top Seating Plans Emirates Stadium Anfield Allianz Arena Old Trafford Football Ground Stamford Bridge Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Etihad Stadium Olympic Stadium London I opted to park in the Norfolk County Hall Car Park which as we were early had plenty of spaces, however the 7 charged was a lot for parking. I wasn't impressed to find people smoking in the toilets. I have been to Norwich before and it is a lovely place to visit. Our journey to Norwich seemed to take ages. The home fans were disappointed on going out of the cup, but many of them said that Premier League survival is more important I dont think there was any trouble from any sets of fans. Upcoming Events Jun 07 Arctic Monkeys Carrow Road Tickets StubHub Schedule & More Tickets Advertisement By continuing to use our site, you agree to us using cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy Close Discover An enjoyable, if a long day and we would have certainly have taken a draw before the game started! I went to the shopping mall, some high st. shops. The station is 10-15 mins walk from the ground. If you are located at the very back of this stand then you can enjoy some fine views across the city, including Norwich Cathedral. Before the game I went to a Wetherspoons which is situated at the Riverside complex amongst some shops and restaurants, and about a ten minute walk to the ground. And there is no outside access to smoke until after the game has finished. A fabulously spacious garden, with room for outdoor games and alfresco dining. Collect, curate and comment on your files. An easy walk for us back to the hotel, but previous visits have used the City Hall car park which is convenient for getting out of Norwich but can take a while to exit from. Im sure Ill be here next time we play and Ill look forward to it! I had to pick up a ticket from the ticket office which had people queuing out the door to renew season tickets. You have an enormous hotel run by a well-known chain (not Lenny Henry's favourite, the other one) in one corner, a retail park behind one end of the stadium, what looked like flats across the road from the main stand, and a car park behind the away end. The away end is not an end as such, more a small section running alongside the one side of the pitch. At the traffic lights turn right towards the city centre on the A1054. Nyt myynniss Ford C-Max 1,6 125 hv M5 5-ovinen Trend / Ilmastointi / Jakop tehty 2019/113tkm! Could this be a shock win at Carrow Road? Visit the website below to see how much you can save on the price of your tickets: Adults 30 The first of these to be built was the River End in 1979, with the Barclay End opposite which openedin 1992. We decided to use the clubs official coaches, as they worked out cheaper than the train. This was starting to rankle some of the Swans supporters who pointed out to the stewards that virtually everyone in the Barclay end stand were on their feet. The seats are a mixture of both resident teams' main colours of red and blue. The away section is to the far side of the Jarrold Stand on one side of the ground and we had sold out our allocation. At half time it was goalless. I also had a hot dog when I went into the ground which was quite nice too. All Rights Reserved. Address:19 Upper King Street, NR3 1RB, Norwich. You dont get the greatest view, but you can get a bit of noise going. Carrow Road Seating Chart: Upcoming Carrow Road Events: Currently there are no events Buy tickets to Carrow Road from safe & secured marketplaces with 100% ticket guarantee. East Anglia is, for most, a painful away trip. After the match the car park is well marshalled with two streams of cars exiting it, so normally you are not held up for too long. So with the board showing an additional five minutes and the three points comfortably in the bag, we left with a couple of those to play just to make sure we made it back to the station in time, not being certain of the best walking route. Carrow Road hasnt changed since my last visit and is quite an attractive place to watch football. He shoots he saves! Its 80 years since Norwich moved to Carrow Road, and the gentleman on the pitch has been a season ticket holder there the entire time. Visit the Career Advice Hub to see tips on accelerating your career. The ground looked very different to the last time I was here, mainly due to it being all seated. The staff and stewards on hand were all very helpful and friendly. Quite simply, i've never been to Carrow Road before. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of the ground? Comment on getting away from the ground after the game: Once the final whistle had went, noise of Were, Were Leicester was the only thing heard around the stadium. Not an amazing view of the Pitch, however we were sat lower down and the away supporters were only allocated the right of the stand, the seat had decent legroom so overall wouldn't say it was a bad seat, but I recommend trying to sit higher, Great view and close to the action.rnNorwich 3 v 1 Stokern10 min walk from railway station. Could see another TV screen though there was a pillar partially blocking it. Privacy Policy. The atmosphere was electric as you can imagine, the stewards were fine and they had no real issues with us. The nearest I been to the ground was in August 2008 when I had been on holiday in Great Yarmouth and fancied visiting Norwich for the day and had time to visit the Club Shop. All four sides of the ground are of a similar size, with both ends being two tiered, and the side stands two tiered, slightly different to a lot of grounds. We came back to the ground around the time the away team bus was due to arrive, there were some barriers out and my son was unable to see over the top. 7. He was taken out, but let back in after a short talking to. There were screens showing highlights of the first half and the Leicester fans weren't impressed on seeing an incident where the ball looked to have crossed the goal line but it wasn't given. They had an offer on of 4 pints for 12.00 and the famous Delia pies were on display I tried the chicken leek and something pie which was about 2.50 but very tasty. But once on the dual carriageway the journey back wasn't too bad. By continuing to use our site, you agree to us using cookies in accordance with our. Cookie Notice I would definitely avoid it if you can. The dining table has built in benched seating, ideal for grabbing a bite before a busy day exploring the city. This was helped by the bright sunshine and mild (for January) weather. I decided to go back towards the ground and had a quick one in 'The Compleat Angler'. No problems. A fantastic football experience, not just for me but for my five-year-old as well. Opening at 12 noon on Saturdays, this family-friendlypub, offers a range of drinks. We parked in a car park near the train station. I would recommend this ground to visit nothing to dislike. Towards the end, Jimenez scored the winner to send the away fans mental. You are reasonably close to the pitch, but being in the far corner makes it difficult to see the other end of the pitch without craning your neck to see past everyone else. In the second half, Wolves looked the stronger side and once we equalised through Roman Saiss, I sensed Wolves would get a winner. Essentially, there are plans to add further tiering to the nearby stands, however, under building legislation the club wouldnt be able to develop an overhang above ground they dont own thus explaining the relatively minor investment. Carrow Road is one of the better away trips. 2019-2020: 27,025 (Premier League) Carrow Road Upload Photos Photos Sections Comments Tags Sections with photos at Carrow Road Carrow Road, AU Carrow Road, B Carrow Road, Barclay E Carrow Road, Block E Carrow Road, BU Carrow Road, Community stand lower tier Carrow Road, D Carrow Road, F Carrow Road, G 27,244 (all seated) Address: As far as Derbys go that wasnt the most exciting in recent years but considering our recent track record at Carrow Road a point was definitely welcome! It was getting busy when I parked at 1pm, so I would advise you to get there early. Use our mobile apps to share photos & reviews or find a view on the go. View Career Advice Hub Add new skills with these courses Leading at a Distance Driving back at 7pm was fine. Great Yarmouth is not far away on the coast so why not make a weekend of it? One of the trickier venues for me to get to. recent obituary from gardenview funeral home athens georgia; aave slang words list; aleta bleier . Steve Cook our centre back had a moment of madness and pulled off the save of the season which resulted in a penalty for Norwich which resulted in the only goal of the game. F section N row 0011 seat anonymous Carrow Road Norwich City vs Blackburn Rovers TL section I row 127 seat Onto the second half and as I was expecting surely Norwich would raise their game. The first half hour was good but the match itself was a huge disappointment. Best places to sit in Carrow Road. Despite shooting from the edge of the penalty area, their attempts were miserable and it took 16 attempts before one of them at last grazed the crossbar. Had a bog-standard burger outside the ground which I thought was expensive at 4.50. I Really had fun on my night out in Norfolk really will go again 10/10 must recommend it to people who haven't been before good luck to Norwich City for the rest of the campaign they are a good team to play against. Klikkaa tst kuvat ja listiedot vaihtoautosta. View ticket prices and find the best seats using our interactive seating charts. I have to say that the home fans were extremely friendly, relaxed and welcoming. All in all a 2-2 draw was probably about right. Any suggestions on what sections we should buy from? The away end was a partitioned section of a stand running parallel to the field the detached Barclay end stand behind the goal to our right seemed to hold the singing section. Aside from the result, it was a really terrific day out. It is currently 8 and can hold about 2000 cars, and does usually fill up by 2pm for games where the away team bring loads of fans. Toilets were good and clean. Media Manager Streamline your workflow with our best-in-class digital asset management system . However Nickes.Com can put together your perfect dream trip to see Real vs Atltico live! The Stadia Bar can also be found on Facebook and Twitter. Not a criticism, just something I noticed! to watch the tea time football. Yes Shirt Sponsors: Last week I was offered a spare ticket by a relative. So on the day we left early, in fact it was still pitch black when we got up as it was 7oclock in the morning! The home fans seemed fine. Mindful that this meant there was a risk that this, therefore, meant at least a token gesture towards Christmas shopping might be expected, I nevertheless knew that Norwich has more than enough great pubs to negate any fears in that respect! Getting away was easy for me straight out of the car park and onto the ring road, must have only taken five minutes. If you get the chance, I would 100% recommend you visit Carrow Road with your team. I parked on Rouen Road which is a Pay and Display car park, and only a 10-15 minute walk over the river to the Carrow Road ground. At the next set of traffic lights, turn right into King Street. From there it was about a mile to walk to the stadium. Editorial use only. I think 30 for an away ticket though is very steep even for clubs where tickets are in high demand. On the next page, you will be able to select the area or section that you would like to sit within the stadium after you have selected the number of tickets that you are after. Carrow Road is quite closed in, away fans are housed in the corner like many others. We felt relieved to get a point considering how dominant Norwich were and they clearly felt annoyed they hadnt managed to Nick all three points a bit like how we were feeling in August. This pub which like the Coach and Horses is listed in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide, has a number of real ales available as well as Sky Television. Norwich is a really nice city with lots of great pubs and places to eat. The view from the away section (in the South Stand) was terrific. We went for a drink in a Wetherspoons which over looked the river on Wherry Road. zambelli hydraulic basket press. The atmosphere during the game was really pretty good and lively from both sets of fans. Once I got back to my car, I left at 17:55 and got home to Nottingham at 20:45. 4. If you are interested in experienced new grounds, or just wish to revisit old places. I've always found it to be a good day out at Carrow Road. 01603 613 886 Ticket Office: First Group provide city and countywide bus . Try our Concerts Near Me Page to find local and upcoming concerts in your area. Would have liked to have been a bit closer! Norwich took 2,700 fans and with a home sell out it turned the match into an event. Find the best concert event ticket prices for in Sevilla, AN. The magic of the FA Cup and taking my over-excited five-year-old son. Those changes came about off the back of the Ibrox disaster, which had occurred at the start of the decade. We left Worthing at about 11am. Tap into Getty Images' global-scale, data-driven insights and network of over 340,000 creators to create content exclusively for your brand. It felt both modern and traditional at the same time. The atmosphere was great amongst the Ipswich fans on the concourse. Being shoved up one corner of the Jarrold Stand means as away fans you are competing directly with the Barclay End, a particularly raucous section of which never stopped singing all game. I had a good view from my seat of the both the game itself and Norwich as a City from behind the opposite stand to me. The game started with Rotherham on the front foot, and they took the lead after 10 minutes. The stadium could host 38,000 people, which is around 13,000 above the maximum at the Nest. No commercial uses without permission. No issues walking away from the stadium and going for a pint in 'The Stadia Bar', 4.95 a pint here. Ground is easy to access and seats offer good view of game. 5. Norwich were caught on the counter-attack in the 95th minute, Portsmouth scored, 1-0, cue incredible scenes of jubilation! We'll earn a small commission. If Barnsley were to win here today, then it would be the first time in 80 years, the last being in 1937 when the score was 1-0 to the Reds. Carling and Rekorderlig was selling for 4 a pint. A long old trek. We were about 6 rows from the front which is lower than preferred but this was offset by being on the extreme edge of the away section, away from the corner flag. Well it all started one Sunday afternoon in February, when the draw was taking place for the fifth round of the FA Cup. One grumpy one did try several times to get the entire away section to sit down. The yellow seats were the most affected. This stand extends around to meet the ends at both corners, giving the ground an enclosed look on that side. As for atmosphere, Norwich are average. Coffees cost 2.50, whilst Tea/Bovril/Hot Chocolate are 2 each. See what's happening at Carrow Road or . It was a lunchtime game but the food choices were limited the same burger van company has all the spots around the ground, and their fayre is pretty bog standard. To be honest, having failed to win any of our last 11 away games I wasnt overly looking forward to the match. Wolves ran out comfortable 2-0 winners. We came into this game in good form but both sides fancied themselves in a match that always throws up surprises. As you pull into Norwich station the floodlights and the back of the Jarrold Stand are easily visible on your left. Norwich is a long way from anywhere though! We offer a whole host of packages for La Liga, Bundesliga, and all major leagues and cup competitions. Dave a visiting Birmingham City fan adds; In the City Centre then the pick of the pubs for me was the aptly named St Andrews Brewhouse which brews its own range of beers and ciders. Showing Sky and BT Sports on over 20 screens then this is the perfect place to watch the early kick off, beforemaking your way onto Carrow Road. A mad rush meant we made it, in time for the long journey. Also The Wildman on Bedford Street, and The Lamb Inn near the market with its massive beer garden are worth a mention. To my eyes, it's very much a 'proper' football ground. Carrow Road is an association football stadium located in Norwich, Norfolk, England, and is the home of EFL Championship side Norwich City. From the station turn left and head for the Morrisons supermarket and you should see the ground behind that. Upcoming Events Jun 07 Arctic Monkeys Carrow Road Tickets StubHub Schedule & More Tickets Advertisement By continuing to use our site, you agree to us using cookies in accordance with our Cookie Policy Close Discover 01603 760 760 Fax: For more information, please see our No issues with the stewards. Great day out, despite the result! Carrow Road and Norwich itself are well worth a visit. Came up on the train from London. The ground is in walking distance from the station and the city centre. 84. We will arrange a quality city centre Madrid hotel for you as well as coveted match tickets to the big game. By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. The Pinkun. A red card for Norwich defender on 15 minutes probably evened things out in terms of quality on the pitch and it made for a really good and exciting cup tie. Only 2.70 for the bus into the centre after midday. Comment on the game itself, atmosphere, stewards, pies, facilities etc.. With only a few exceptions, I don't think much of away supporters concourses at football grounds. The Council open their large car park at County Hall. Grow your brand authentically by sharing brand content with the internets creators. At 2-0 the game was beyond Barnsley's reach and although the players didn't lack effort it just wasn't good enough on the day. The Canaries Year Ground Opened: 01603 721902 Pitch Size: If Barnsley were to get anything from the game they had to keep going forward but yet again could not manage to score. The facilities were very clean and spacious. After that we went towards the away section, on arrival it was still early it was about 2oclock something like that and the Norwich players where just arriving, doing usual pre-match of signing autographs and having pictures with the fans what I think is nice, its not like some clubs who put metal fencing, where you are distant from the players. We snatched an early lead which we kept until half time. Back in the car and on the road in good time and back in my bed by 2:00am. Great noise from Watford fans but I suspect a relegation hangover kept the home fans unusually subdued apart from when the 3 goals that went in. Access the best of Getty Images with our simple subscription plan. Its relevance to Football, even to Darts, is still beyond me, but there you go. That should make your eyes boggle! The game was certainly a classic, a splendid atmosphere from both sets of fans, though to be honest I think Leicester sang the most songs. Not an amazing view of the Pitch, however we were sat lower down and the away supporters were only allocated the right of the stand, the seat had decent legroom so overall wouldn't say it was a bad seat, but I recommend trying to sit higher, Great view and close to the action.rnNorwich 3 v 1 Stokern10 min walk from railway station. After the game has ended some roads are closed to allow the crowd to disperse quickly and safely. Well, another dire day away in terms of watching the team, but the atmosphere amongst the away fans was pretty good. Wrath Of The Barclay As a Blues fan living near Nottingham, I am 126 miles from Norwich. What you did before the game pub/chippy etc, and were the home fans friendly? In factsince Saints and Norwich were both in League One. The game itself didn't go according to plan from the Barnsley point of view. A five and a half hour drive to get there as I live in South Wales and got home at 03.15 Saturday morning. Organise, control, distribute, and measure all of your digital content. There was quite a fair crowd of Norwich fans as we made our way to the ground but the atmosphere was very friendly and no hassle. The combination of two well-supported clubs who had both started the season strongly, the iconic design of a stadium in comfortable walking distance of city centre and railway station, the brightness of the floodlights on a crisp autumnal evening and the potency of the aforementioned Belgian beer all combined to generate a genuine excitement about the game ahead. carrow road seating plan with seat numbersiridescent telecaster pickguard. All Grey. Certainly not intimidating. With some time to waste before kick off, the Norwich fans showed me the WAGS and players car park, which is located opposite the Jarrold Stand. Many of the seat numbers had been erased meaning that I had to work out our seats from checking the adjacent numbers. There was a bit of a queue on the A146 but once onto the A47 it flowed fine. You do get there eventually! Not just any though, the same song they play at the interval in the Darts. Mitchell Dijks thought hed given the lead for Norwich only for it to be ruled out for hand ball. Delia's Barmy Army! I didn't speak to any of the home fans but they kept themselves to themselves. 2018-2019: 26,014 (Championship League) It's an attractive ground inside and out and still looks fresh and very well looked after. A journey which takes about 2 hours 45 minutes. It was a great day out. Before the match I used the toilets which were quite large. Norwich won 3-2 and were worth their win. The biggest drawback is that you dont get a brilliant view, especially if like me, youre down in the first few rows. The bus journey to the Park and Ride from the centre took about 15 mins. It is well maintained and you can see that they are a well run football club! Why were you looking forward to this game and visiting Carrow Road itself? We had travelled on a National Express East Anglia train from London Liverpool Street which still had slam doors and probably should have been scrapped about 10 years ago. As we were in the front row we got soaked as the stand cover didnt cover us. If anything is incorrect or you have something to add then please e-mail contact@footballgroundguide.comand Ill update the guide. One of the stewards allowed him to stand over the barriers by the players entrance which was kind. But we didn't play very well either so can have no complaints about the result. A disappointing result, but hey, Norwich were better than us on the day. A decade passed with no alterations but then two in fairly quick succession followed. It was a good day out and a good game to watch. 3. It took just over an hour to get to Peterborough and then onto Ely.