Ahhh..I still have my 25th Anniversary Mustang GT. All in all, a better car, Your email address will not be published. The Universe as seen through the eyes of people who turn wrenches and burn rubber as life sustaining activities. Old Historical Garage in Carlisle. Our estimate may be low though. If you cant find a car, rebuild it, win a show, and then sell it in one hour or less youre a lame-o. You were my inspiration for being the fastest pizza delivery driver in my hometown for the 4 days that I worked there in my 5.0 LX. No you will not find a lot of stuff for late models in the swap at Carlisle. The new gens might be into cars, but at a different level than the older gens. on the Internet. Ill take a Seiko 5 with an NH35 movement, over the wrist computers everyone is wearing these days. Share to Twitter. The shot that we ended up with (see above) was not the one that we had intended. So it was with extreme confidence that I waited for the light. Your writing is on another level and I knew that we were living in some special times when the LXs, GNs and Formula 350s ruled the streets. Episode 14: The Short Bus Stops At Many Interesting Places. And rarely did. It was a Drag Test we did on the then-new Lincoln LSC. COLLECTION . Waaaaay back in the day (1985ish?) Digging deep at the last minute (the way we did everything in those days) we decided to run it over to the corner of Wall and Broadway to lay some patches before the morning zoo kicked into high gear. I . I raced lots of 5.0 Mustangs in my 68 383 Super Bee ,my Bee was a mid to high 13 second ride.. Hard to hook ,but it ran good.I had 2 buddies with these Mustang 5.0s one LX coupe(trunk model) 4.10 gears,off road exhaust etc we would be side by side..I had 3.55s with a 8 3/4 ,727 auto..I blew my original 383 racing him lol !! We talk about the good things, the dumb things, and why the customer is always sorry. I remember this article almost word for word. 20,344. I understand you disagreeing, but Tony DeFeo (Uncle Tony) has been around for a long time. Copyright 2023 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. But I still dream of cruising around in one of these mechanical monsters, while listening to doo wop or rockabilly on an old retro tuner shaft radio. Due to a planned power outage on Friday, 1/14, between 8am-1pm PST, some services may be impacted. Very knowledgeable with some hilarious banter. Really glad I kept every issue I ever got. But, this may be good for us that have restored the cars - a new market to sell a completed car too someday????? I got a little more careful with where I did it from then on. I had gathered all of the rubber I could scrape off the quarter panels, and molded it into a ball about the size of a grapefruit. Tony was trusted with and oversaw the engine build - that's why Lunar brought it all to him, after all (Tony being the supposed "expert" of the two). And if getting beat wasnt bad enough, turns out he still had a new car temporary tag on back. The automatic 5.0 Mustangs had 205 hp,different cam and not as quick as the 5 speed cars.. In this case, we just went out and bought one ourselves. Writer, Racer, Mechanic. . Muscle cars, classic cars, street racers, drag racing, and builds on a serious budget. Tony DeFeo. Tony's hands-on experience ranges from street racing to top fuel, and . If you are a podcaster, the best way to manage your podcasts on Listen Notes is by claiming your Listen Notes Tag: tony defeo Posted on July 29, 2018 September 5, 2018 by Tony DeFeo 21 Comments Five Liters of Fury. The Universe as seen through the eyes of people who turn wrenches and burn rubber as life sustaining activities. Resolved: Release in which this issue/RFE has been resolved. I dont know what a drag link or intake manifold does. He also was one of the first guys to start running the 5.0 Mustang when it was new. web pages The Universe as seen through the eyes of people who turn wrenches and burn rubber as life sustaining activities. Thanks, John, thats about eight issues more than we have. We had finished the story, had it titled Wall Street Wailer, and we needed a lead shot for it. Eat, Sleep, Wrench, Race. YouTube phenom Tony DeFeo from "Uncle Tony's Garage" calls in to share his secrets of Internet success where he talks about & teaches his life lessons about cars. Showing all 12 results. Uncle Tony's Garage. But I raced anything and everything with a giant chip on my shoulder. You gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette, right? Unfortunately, I was still two years away from graduation, and any possibility of affording a new car. DeFeo, along with fellow gearhead "Kiwi," explores this . Another blast from the past, which I love, are old school cars, prior to the early 70s. I actually still own that very car but it sits in a field at a friends house since I split block, broke the crank in half and bent a few rods. Unresolved: Release in which this issue/RFE will be addressed. My love for these cars, and lack of knowledge of them, is what got me turned on to Tony DeFeos YouTube channel: Uncle Tonys Garage. Of course, some classic cars (1970s and beyond) may have some kind protection against car theft, but for a determined car thief, getting the engine started to drive the vehicle off could be as easy as flipping a coin. Which of course I couldnt wait to try out on my own Mustang, just as soon as I actually had one. I could listen to them all day! he was so traumatized by the experience that the car hasn't left the garage in over 30 years. Torsion days,reduction starters,and rocker shafts forever, Darrin. You must log in or register to reply here. What has happened to Tony and where is he today? remove-circle Share or Embed This Item . We ran out to Buffalo Valley and got just enough track time to make some solid determinations on our Small Block B Body's direction. "The main saddles are thicker on '76-'79 blocks. An illustration of an open book. May 11, 2022. Those pics would end up in a box marked Car Features, and every issue we would have to rummage through this box and pick out a few cars that would dress out the color pages. This is probably the most talked about drag test in the history of drag tests. Tony founded High Performance Mopar, and then launched Mopar Action a year later just to compete with his first book. So many great memories. Uncle Chucc - Free (Bruno Furlan Extended Remix), . Lives in Murfreesboro, Tennessee. I wonder though..Why put a slant six in one of those cars? The only problem was the high speed handling. David Vizard, Uncle Tony's garage, Unity motorsport. Long story short, Tony was working out of a shop, which was sold out from under him. I didnt give them a hard time. John Dodge Quote T-Shirt $ 20.00 - $ 29.95 Select options Mystical Sphere-O-Ink Design $ 20.00 - $ 29.95 Select options Sketchy T-Shirt $ 20.00 - $ 29.95 Select options Suck Shirt I couldnt believe it. Very knowledgeable with some hilarious banter. ABOUT . Mine wasnt as stripped but did run some 8.80s in the eighth. I'm sure a lot of his target audience loves it, but as one of his "targets" I believe he's a bit of a jerk, and worse, not a true Mopar lover. We recently ran into the owner, and as it turns out, he was so traumatized by the experience that the car hasnt left the garage in over 30 years. Joined Jun 11, 2015 Messages 3,746 . The Universe as seen through the eyes of people who turn wrenches and burn rubber as life sustaining activities. View the profiles of people named Tony DeFeo. Most of the metric YouTube vids are young guns. BTW, that's Tony DeFeo. YouTube phenom Tony DeFeo of "Uncle Tony's Garage". He brought sexy back to house music and it never left. The shot that we ended up with (see above) was not the one that we had intended. He was a photographer, and he would go to shows and shoot hundreds of pics of cars that, to him, looked cool. The car, BTW was not procured via the usual Press Pool route. JavaScript is disabled. Thread starter jct; Start date May 19, 2019; May 19, 2019 #1 jct Senior Member. While the tires and susp. Search the history of over 797 billion Continue with Recommended Cookies. So much so, that the engineers at Fords racing division, SVO (Special Vehicle Operations) accused them of lying about their track times. edit transcripts, Improve the presence of your podcasts, e.g., self-service, If you share your Listen Notes page and at-mention. 5.0, auto, K&N air filter, 160,000 miles, Oxford white, pony 25 years plaque on dash, original as in stock. They even had an ongoing joke: It takes a MOPAR guy to make a Ford go fast. I got to fill many pages with stuff I absolutely loved. Keep up the great work! Eat, Sleep, Wrench, Race. My wife bought her first car in 88 (an 81 mustang with a straight six), and my first car was a 77 dodge truck with a slant six. https://www.spreaker.com/show/2968364/episodes/feed, https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/uncle-tonys-garage/id1434024815. I'd hazard you know as much if not more than Uncle Tony. He is going to the wrong places. The result was pretty profound. Despite buying 2 new Fords{03 Terminator}, Im a Mopar guy. It avoids redoing everything the OEM maker Chrysler Corp held so dear. As a member, you receive exclusive content . share Share No_Favorite Favorite rss RSS. Once ready, Tony opened the driver's door using the screwdriver and the coat hanger. COLLECTION . No idea what her reaction was..I took off and spent the rest of that day at the track. Id love to see a return of men and women dressing up to go out. I guess they want more weekend mods compared to someone like me and my 3 year restoration plan. A little back story on the publishing of this one. She still has hers, mine hit a telephone pole long ago with us both in it. Share to Twitter . Eat, Sleep, Wrench, Race. Of course, we don't encourage stealing cars. on the Internet. BTW, go to your local dragstrip and see the number of people racing modern muscle Mopar's. When I have nothing else to do, I watch documentaries and animations. Full Description. An illustration of a person's head and chest. The man is a legend in the automotive community. It's not going to come in an Amazon box on my front porch. See, the Editor really wasnt much of a car guy. If and when I ever get the point where I can buy one of these cars, at least I know who I can pay and trust, to work on it. East Figueroa you silently were my hero and I met you once. So, there is something to be said about Home Depots fears. 13.90s still good today,sure the new Mustang 5.0 will do low to mid 12s,but thats 30 years later ! Language: English (United States) Currency: USD. I understand you disagreeing, but Tony DeFeo (Uncle Tony) has been around for a long time. I couldnt hang with the F bodies on the 401. Nice view into the world of cars and drag racing before I was old enough to be into it. It was purely happenstance that the towers ended up behind the car the way they did. I left it on her desk, along with a note thanking her for use of the car, and that her hubby, Steve owed her a set of rear tires. Tags: 1969 Daytona, Daytona road test, Hemi Daytona, mopar. I was just never exposed to it. Thanks, John, that's about eight issues more than we have. Thanks for the nice words. Great stuff. I dont know the difference between a fuel pump and a cam. Email or phone: Password: . From what Ive gathered, he and his buddies became famous in the late 80s when they learned how to really get the most performance out their fox body mustangs. I dont know whether to thank you or blame you . With our permanently revoked New York Drivers License, reputation for bringing Test Cars back not quite as functional as we received them, and the fact that we street raced these things in a time when street racing was a taboo subject, it was often difficult to get cars to test. The numbers seem weak now, but thirty years ago, this blew a lot of minds. GTO award, Pork Bracioli & Uncle Tony's Garage. Cars Illustrated was my favorite magazine. The Universe as seen through the eyes of people who turn wrenches and burn rubber as life sustaining activities. I ran 13.98s -14.08 at 99 102 Sea Level here..I now have a 2015 Challenger SRT 392 I picked up 1 year ago and happier than anything ! He wants to teach every day people how to restore their cars at little to no cost. Keep up the great work! I am blessed to have been friends w/Neil for decades. Then your article came out, and that was that. Most mods for the new gens are more bolt-on or a shop will do it, as Uncle Tony said. Navigate to the "People Search" section at the top of this page. The "Bottle Rocket" Coronet, their stripped-down taxicab Dodge that's packing a 318 that acts like a pissed-off 340, a four-speed swap, and a ton of tricks that come straight from the catalog of DeFeo's book of witchcraft, has been patiently waiting for a chance to hit a drag strip. He had just bought it for her, and secretly arranged for us to borrow it for a couple of nights. Thatll do it.) Eat, Sleep, Wrench, Race. With our permanently revoked New York Drivers License, reputation for bringing Test Cars back not quite as functional as we received them, and the fact that we street raced these things in a time when street racing was a taboo subject, it was often difficult to get cars to test. Eat, Sleep, Wrench, Race. But thanks for the site, a ton of great memories, and the opportunity to share a few of them here. Great article. Follow. 20+ years later, Ive owned almost 30 stangs personally and sold probably 100 more being in the car business. Disclamer: Uncle Tony's Garage podcast net worth displayed here are calculated based on a combination social factors. Tony Defeo. Finding pretty was easycoming up with words was not! Big John, I have a lot of respect for your knowledge. NEXT: Dodge Charger And Challenger Models Getting Security Feature To Combat Muscle Car Thefts. 15 Mar. The rest is history. I was never a car guy. 6 patrons. - Sports podcast fr Anyway, you mention Atco on your youtube site, and reading it here brings back great memories. Some of our partners may process your data as a part of their legitimate business interest without asking for consent. brings back the memories. With the anniversary of 9-11 upon us, we thought we would throw this one out there. We talk about the good things, the dumb things, and why the customer is always sorry. Via Uncle Tony's Garage on YouTube. I didnt grow up working on cars. If you have to charge it, its not a watch. But I digress. In this case, we just went out and bought one ourselves. If it is the first time you login, a new account will be created automatically. It is a great, free way to engage the podcast community and increase the visibility of your podcasts. I was fortunate enough to be able to document the grand opening of Uncle Tonys Garage Global Headquarters, by photographing the event. Lyrics, Song Meanings, Videos, Full Albums & Bios: Take It, Colder, Colder, To Whom It May Concern, Profiteers, Show Me, Me Vs. Thank you Tony for posting this, I will be printing it out somehow for my wife. We go inside a 500+ horsepower, $1,500 small blockand get inked. Posted on September 5, 2018 September 5, 2018 by Tony DeFeo 2 Comments Wall Street Wailer . 16,732 Reaction score 22,953 Location Marcellus, NY. Modern cars have higher level of protection. web pages A very real dude and he and his wife Kathy are a lot of fun. There are no reviews yet. Interestingly, just asclassic carsare much easier for mechanics to work on, they are also much easier to steal. Uploaded by Uncle Tony's Garage. Sign up | Log in. Uncle Tony's Garage Tony DeFeo. The man has a brilliant mind and a pleasure to be around. Yes, Ford claimed the 87 version was improved, but it still looked the same, and still had cats, a smog pump, and all the rest of that emissions junk to slow it down. I was always a Chevy Z28 guy. Tony DeFeo . Works at Uncle Tony's Garage. 25,647. My wardrobe consisted of two pairs of blue jeans and half a dozen T-shirts, all from car meets and rock concerts. Our photographer just took advantage of the situation, and dropped low for a few frames. Reality, Face The Facts, Jealousy Gets In The Way Of Friendship, To Stare At The Sun., I Could Never Leave You Where You Left In 1987, I was a dirt-poor college student, living on ramen noodles. share Share No_Favorite Favorite rss RSS. The Stephen Hawking of Hot Rodding, minus the cool chair . We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. He's written for a lot of mags (under a lot of pseudonyms, too) and in my opinion, he's a walking encyclopedia much like Rick Ehrenberg. The Second Coming & Mean Mr. Mustang were great. I grabbed second gear heading onto the Florida Turnpike within a mile of the dealership. Tony DeFeo grew up in Long Island, NY, where he was apparently kicked out of school at the age of 16 for stealing a school bus. It was a Drag Test we did on the then-new Lincoln LSC. - Listen to Fuel: Unfiltered Automotive Truth with "Uncle Tony" Tony DeFeo from Uncle Tonys Garage by FUEL: Unfiltered Automotive Truth instantly on your tablet, phone or browser - no downloads needed.