S Cisco (shoulder) was limited. 2. The Jaguars also added Zay Jones and tight end Evan Engram to the offense to team up with Laviska Shenault and Marvin Jones. In fact, when mocking, I consistently find Etienne being the top RB on my board at some point. Cam Akers seemed like a miracle case when he returned from his Achilles injury just six months after it occurred, but that type of recovery may be extremely rare. Debating notable start-sit decisions . In Pedersons first year, Darren Sproles was sixth in targets among all running backs. If you want to dive deeper into fantasy football, be sure to check out our award-winning slate ofFantasy Football Toolsas you navigate your season. D'Onta Foreman is the success story. He also lost a fumble. XFL Fantasy Football Rankings for Week 3: QB, RB, WR, TE Rankings and Analysis (2023) The other running back who is garnering a lot of interest in the fantasy community is Travis Etienne, who is expected to be a key part of the offense even when Robinson returns. Do not forget what this guy did at Clemson with Trevor Lawrence as his quarterback. For just $0.83/month, get an ad-free experience and access to RotoBaller's VIP Discord Chat Community, If you can't subscribe, please consider turning off your adblocker for RotoBaller.com. Etienne was able to overcome his questionable designation due to a foot injury and was reasonably productive with his opportunities. This Jaguars roster isnt without talent, but it is without elite talent. Chiefs 20, Jaguars 17. 1 Overall Pick, Anthony Richardson, Wide Receivers, Dynasty IDP Rookie Draft Profile: Drew Sanders (2023 Fantasy Football), No, I'm a California resident looking for the California Consumer Privacy Act form. Unfortunately, due to the injury, there is a good chance that Robinson isnt ready to start the season and that Etienne has the backfield to himself to start the year. Some NFL personnel reported that Etienne could have come back towards the end of the year had the Jaguars been in playoff contention instead of being the leagues laughing stock. The second-year back responded in fine form, gaining consistent yardage on the ground and contributing through the air by equaling a season high in receptions. Etienne ran for 108 yards and one touchdown on nine carries and caught three passes for 32 yards on three targets against Houston on Sunday. while Jaguars coach Doug Pederson doesn't seem to know what to do with running backs James Robinson and Travis Etienne. 2023 R2 draft pick. Don't have an account? Week 17 of the 2022 fantasy football season featured huge performances from Mike Evans, Travis Etienne Jr. and Tom Brady on Sunday. ago. Fortunately, Etienne is dealing with what is believed to be only a minor sprain to his foot, but the running back is still expected to have his practice reps managed carefully this week. Download our updated fantasy football app for iPhone and Android with 24x7 player news, injury alerts, rankings, starts/sits & more. Sure, there have been worse teams. Over his final eight full games (he left Week 12 against Baltimore in the first . His speed is almost deceiving when turning up field, letting Etienne blow by tacklers who take poor angles. Win your fantasy football league! After seeing their draft flow and developing my draft plan, I targeted Travis Etienne in the third round of every draft. 1, Jets Land New Franchise QB. There are trends becoming more obvious with every week, and every week presents new bargains for us to acquire in our leagues to fortify our lineups ready for that big push. What jumps out at me about this chart is I believe that if Pederson feels he has a pass-catching weapon at running back, he will utilize him. The coaching staff that drafted Etienne had planned on using him all over the field, and it seems that the new coaching staff plans to do the same. Given that he missed his entire rookie season due to a Lisfranc injury to the same foot, the nature of Etienne's exit was particularly concerning. Pro Football Network, LLC. Although he . It's unclear if the 23-year-old will be able to avoid the questionable tag, but he should be expected to play versus the Lions on Sunday regardless. *New customer offer, cannot combine offers. Since we didnt see Etienne in 2021, I will look at his prospect profile. Fortunately for Etienne, he doesn't seem to be dealing with anything significant, though he'll likely need to upgrade to full participation in practice Friday to avoid carrying an injury designation into Sunday's game against the Lions. One of the more polarizing players in fantasy football this year will be Travis Etienne, running back for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Etienne rushed the ball seven times for 17 yards in Saturday's 20-16 win over the Titans. 2022 fantasy player outlook for Travis Etienne, RB, Jacksonville Jaguars. NFL Week 13 - There aren't many weeks left of the fantasy season, but now isn't the time to switch off. ETN would proceed to finish the 2022 fantasy regular season tied for 5th in carries inside the 10-yard line (23), but he only scored four touchdowns on those carries. 18-19 touches/game gives him RB1 upside, but he's more likely a RB2 for FF purposes. Do Not Sell My Personal Information. One of the first fantasy football articles I ever wrote argued . End-of-Season 2022 NFL Betting Power Ratings. Pederson added that Etienne is viewed as day-to-day after playing just five snaps in last Sunday's 28-27 win over the Ravens before exiting with a left foot injury in the second quarter. Travis Etienne ADP: 34 (RB17) In my experience, while opportunity is an important factor it is also overrated in fantasy football. Jaguars RB Travis Etienne carried just 9 times in Sunday's easy win over the Texans. Berry goes on to say that the Jags have produced fantasy-relevant running backs and expects them to be even more efficient under head coach Doug Pederson. 2022 Fantasy Outlook. James Robinson (Achilles) may not be ready for Week 1. It sounds like Pederson will call the plays again, so I looked at the Eagles history of targets to the running back position during his time there to get a feel of what we might expect. Etienne was an explosive runner at Clemson who had a knack for scoring touchdowns. He's primed to see his TD numbers climb with the backfield all but his from the get-go in 2023 in ascending offense. NFL Offseason Fixer-Uppers: Three Ways to Fix Jaguars in 2023 . In 2021. Etienne (foot), who is officially listed as questionable, is expected to play Sunday against the Lions, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports. With James Robinson suffering a torn Achilles deep into last season, it quickly became the expectation that a healthy Travis Etienne . The stout Tennessee defensive line limited his efficiency, as his longest rush of the day went for seven yards and he averaged only 2.4 yards per attempt. 2023 R3 draft pick, 2023 R4 draft pick. Etienne was forced to exit Jacksonville's Week 12 win over Baltimore in the first quarter due to a mild left foot sprain. That's not a surprise: Etienne was one of college football's most slippery players with instant acceleration, and also one of Trevor Lawrence's most trusted targets when the two played together at Clemson (85 receptions from 2019-20). We dont have any 2021 data to work with, so assessing Etienne is just like assessing a rookie. 6. Los Angeles Chargers (ADP: 219): Tremendous upgrades on defense this offseason, combines with an offense that won't often leave it hanging. Now the question is, why? Matthew Betz wrote more in detail about Etiennes injury and many others in the Ultimate Draft Kit, so be sure to check that out! Etienne is expected to be fully cleared by training camp, giving him a leg up on the RB1 role as the Jacksonville Jaguars install a new offense under new head coach Doug Pederson. In this article, I will dive into how Etienne was viewed as a prospect since we didnt see him on the field last year. The below tweet shows Etiennes receiving ranks among running backs in 2020, and his 90.9 receiving grade is higher than DAndre Swifts grade when he came out. See look at whether or not you should drop Etienne in fantasy football. Saturday, January 7, 9:06 PM. Etienne is not a rookie, but he might as well be. If he continues to progress and sees some preseason action, fantasy players will need to decide which running back to target as we rapidly approach peak draft season. In addition, I wanted no part of Cam Akers and James Conner, the only other running backs that went consistently in the third round of those drafts. The Clemson duo won the 2018 National Championship and combined for almost 10 miles of offense in their three seasons together. The hit rate of prospects in this elite category is astounding. Top storylines surround Dalvin Cook's shoulder surgery, Travis Etienne, Dalton Schutz's status with the Cowboys, Josh Jacobs, and more pre-free agency nuggets.Talking Points:00:00: Intro03:30: Josh Jacobs08 . RB Etienne (foot) was limited. RB Tony Pollard, FA. In an article by Jonathan Jones of CBS, Etienne was asked about changing his designation to wide receiver. Travis Etienne is a better receiving threat at running back than Pederson has had on offense since Sproles in 2016, and I believe he will be fed targets in this offense because of his talent. The former Clemson star has been fully healthy in his second training camp. Etienne (foot) was a limited participant in Thursday's practice. Download Our Free News & Alerts Mobile App, Looking To Challenge For The Win Once Again At Las Vegas On Sunday, With Strong Qualifying Effort At Las Vegas -- Will Start 4th, The Favorite To Win Once Again At Las Vegas, Should Be A Contender At Las Vegas Once Again On Sunday, Looking To Continue RCR Momentum At Las Vegas, Looking For Another Win At Las Vegas, Starts 11th on Sunday, Bubba Wallace Might Have Something To Show Sunday, Not Feeling Well Enough To Start Saturday, Struggles With Chevy On Saturday At Vegas, A.J. Etienne led the Jaguars backfield in rushing attempts, though he still saw very limited volume. I will tee him up early and often, hoping my opinion lands in the middle of the fairway. Top 10 Greatest NFL Tight Ends Of All Time All Rights Reserved. Etienne was forced out of Sunday's game against the Ravens with a foot injury. The Jacksonville Jaguars' second-year running back is on the brink of a great season for fantasy players. Travis Etienne Jr.s current expert rankings, Travis Etienne Jr.s current average draft position (ADP), 2023 NFL Scouting Combine: Day 2 Recap (Fantasy Football), NFL Free Agency Rumors & News: Tony Pollard, Tua Tagovailoa (2023 Fantasy Football), NFL Free Agency Rumors & News: Mac Jones, Josh Jacobs (2023 Fantasy Football), Dynasty Players to Give Up On (2023 Fantasy Football), 2023 NFL Draft Burning Questions: No. So its just me being able to do more and being valuable.. Top Five Greatest Houston Texans of All Time, Top 10 Greatest NFL Tight Ends Of All Time, Time To Step It Up: Five NFL Quarterbacks That Need To Improve Next Season, Free XFL Betting Picks - Best Bets, Odds, Predictions for Week 3, NFL Free Agency Primer: Important Dates To Know Throughout 2023 Free Agency, Time To Hang It Up: Five NFL Running Backs That Should Retire After The Season, XFL Risers and Fallers Week 3: Players With Expanding Roles Including Kyle Sloter, Abram Smith, Morgan Ellison, More, XFL Fantasy Football Rankings for Week 3: QB, RB, WR, TE Rankings and Analysis (2023), XFL DFS Value Plays: Week 3 Bargain Bin for DraftKings Including Brett Hundley, Jontre Kirklin, Sal Cannella, More, Top 10 Greatest NFL Wide Receivers Of All Time, NASCAR Xfinity Series: DraftKings DFS Lineup Picks for Las Vegas Alsco Uniforms 300 (3/4/23), DraftKings and FanDuel Daily Fantasy Basketball Picks (3/4/23): NBA DFS Lineups, Three Picks At Each Position - Expensive, Value and Cheap Players for Fantasy Baseball, DraftKings CBB DFS Lineup Picks for 3/4/23 - Daily Fantasy College Basketball Advice, 5 Bounce-Back Outfielder Candidates for Fantasy Baseball, Today's NHL DFS Lineup Picks for DraftKings, FanDuel (3/4/23): Daily Fantasy Hockey, Round 3 PGA DFS Showdown Slate Picks - 2023 Arnold Palmer Invitational. The second-year back is able to break tackles with his low center of gravity, footwork and powerful leg drive. 1 Pick, MMQB: Why Garoppolo Is Staying in San Francisco. Depending on draft flow and format, the wide receiver pool tends to run through the sixth round, leading to me wanting to roster Etienne as my RB2 in many drafts and focus on wideout over my following few selections.I view Etienne as a target in drafts, but adding him to my team in the second round does invite different trade-offs due to the player pool having more strength.