Duncan never tried to convince the brass to keep his friends. Each Hall of Fame inductee chooses a presenter and for Ginobili, he chose his former Spurs teammate, Tim Duncan. Surprisingly, they discovered both of Duncans MVP trophies and one of his three Finals MVP awards sitting in a box, caked in dust. On the court, Morant is one of the most dynamic and entertaining players in the league, and has played at an All-Star maybe All-NBA level in leading the Grizzlies to the No. Its not like theyre out in the middle of the house someplace being polished. Its a pretty incredible story, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. Lets really be friends., Thats so much of who Tim, Pop, that whole group of guys are, and I think a big part of it was by design. Immediately, Duncan rushed over to sop up the mess. Congratulations to Duncan, who deserves his day in the sun. Yet Duncan quickly gave up that life to join Popovichs staff as an assistant. Bufords eyes welled with tears when asked about Duncan joining the staff, and he declined to delve deeply into the matter. These two @HEB | #ManuHOF pic.twitter.com/Kqxe4A0AmU, San Antonio Spurs (@spurs) September 11, 2022. Duncan also tipped a cap to Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker, fellow Spurs greats the other two-thirds of the winningest Big Three in NBA history. As far as the teams were concerned, the championship teams were all kind of different. In her speech, Bryant said that, in her late husband's absence, she hoped to give thanks to all those who touched his life on and off the court. I thought that was normal. Popovich is not in the Hall of Fame, though it is widely assumed that his call is coming in the not-too-distant future. I cant wait to see you guys up here, and for me not to be up here," Duncan said to Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. He won four titles with the Spurs during his 16-year career with the franchise, becoming a two-time All-Star and a Sixth Man of the Year winner in the process. He was not only one of the best players of his generation, but one of the best players ever. No shame in an out-of-shape rookie tossing his cookies after a workout with the retired Tim Duncan. Raptors lead 110-107 with 1:09 left in OT. Click here. "A moment like this has forced me to reflect on . Youre not gonna fool the landlocked white kid into thinking Ive got to pee on my own foot to make it not hurt, Blucas said. The legendary John Madden says that the hall of fame busts whisper to each other at . Ginobili is truly a unique Hall of Famer. We know that!". It's about what's happening in the world, it's about your family. San Antonio Spurs Tim Duncan gives thanks in stirring Hall of Fame speech, As Duncan enters Hall, he relishes the journey, From the Virgin Islands to the Hall of Fame: Tim Duncans unlikely journey, Texas earns No. With Timmy, it softened them, Buford explained. Posted by: Ennio Terrasi Borghesan (18378 articles) @ennioterbo Video NBA Serie A Europe Cups There was a high standard for success achieved during Ginobili's time with the Spurs. I said, Oh my God, this guy can really play, Tomjanovich said. His 1,001 career victories are third all-time. Special thanks to Debra England and Alina Levy and all the others whose help in organizing the Exodus conference was essential and greatly appreciated. Thats a tone that he set. Buford and Popovich always made it a point to involve the clubs star player in any discussions about potential moves that needed to be made. Thats when Elliott says he learned that you could show him something youve been doing for years, like Timmy did to those kids in the league, but hed turn around in 10 minutes and be better than you. You came to my island, you sat with my friends, my family, you talked with my dad. Duncan, Bryant and Garnett combined for 11 championships, 48 All-Star appearances, 86,210 points and four MVP awards, and defined the game during their tenure. "I owe TD big time," Ginobili said. But they taught me more about the game than anyone else. " This was an especially memorable class, with legends from the NBA, WNBA and college basketball earning their place among basketball immortality. While the Grizzlies are not calling it a suspension, it is one in practice. Fellow NBA greats Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett, who shared countless battles with Bryant for over a decade, will also be enshrined into the Hall of Fame . He was already playing like he belonged. And youre teaching me lessons about teamwork and leadership. He was just always willing to sublimate his own ego for the betterment of his teammates., Duncan conducted himself similarly with the franchise over the years when it came to transactions. 1 seed in Big 12 women's basketball tournament. His dynamic play and unwavering confidence has led to a Nike signature shoe (dropping in April) and a major sponsorship with Powerade (a new commercial featuring Morant will be everywhere during the NCAA Tournament). Lonnie Walker IV tells a story about the time the retired Duncan worked him out so hard he puked, then they kept going. Tims always going to be the guy to put his arm around you first instead of getting in your face. It hurts like hell. If you asked me whats the vision I have in my head of Tim Duncan, its him kind of patting a teammate on the head kind of lovingly walking off the court after a timeout, Babby said. He experienced it through long conversations and sitting next to Duncan on the bus ride back to campus when we both got our asses kicked in the power forwards ACC debut as a freshman against Sharone Wright and the Clemson Tigers. His voice wavered as he addressed coach Gregg Popovich, last but not least. That makes him eligible to be on the Nets playoff roster. San Antonio Spurs legend Manu Ginobili was officially enshrined into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame as a member of the 2022 class. Blucas jokes Duncan might walk up there and give the Bubba Smith speech from Police Academy. Hell say, thanks and walk away. Jury takes an hour to reach verdict over deal at Port S.A. New food truck park opens at The CO-OP SA, 10 things to do this weekend in San Antonio, Armando Montelongo loses bid to get fraud claims tossed, Photos show a massive alligator on an Atascosa County road, Privately run zoos in Texas adapt to new roles. That is the number of NBA championships he brought to the city. They won it in 1999 behind a Finals MVP performance from Duncan, and played Starcraft as a team between games and on the plane ride home. Once they got it cleaned up, Timmys like, Lonnie, get your ass back out on the court. So, with Popovichs top assistants leaving the staff, Duncan didnt want to leave his coach alone, according to multiple staffers. Ginobili mentioned that David Robinson could have been an option to present him at the Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony, but called Duncan as a 'no-brainer' for a choice. All photos on this website are copyrighted material and all rights are reserved. He started his speech by saying that this was the most nervous he had ever been, which tracks. Tim Duncan took his rightful place in the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame on Saturday evening, not just as an inductee, but as one of the greatest of all time. His impact on basketball was significant and made him an easy choice. Example video title will go here for this video, Screen Test goes to the Oscars: Contenders and predictions for the 2023 awards. He wants to go to dinner with everybody just to sit and catch up. The Spurs star had appeared in NBA Finals and Game 7s and Game 7s of the NBA Finals, and all levels of pressure-packed moments in between. SPRINGFIELD, Mass. James Edward Rice (born March 8, 1953), nicknamed "Jim Ed", is a former Major League Baseball left fielder and designated hitter.He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame on July 26, 2009, as the 103rd member voted in by the BBWAA.Rice played his entire 16-year baseball career for the Boston Red Sox.. Rice was an eight-time American League (AL) All-Star and was named the AL's Most . He learned about Tims family, how important Tims mother was, who he lost when he was 14, Buford said. Morant to be away from team for two games after apparently Ja Morant allegedly punched, flashed gun at teen during pickup game, Grizzlies Brandon Clarke out for season due to torn Achilles, Former NBA journeyman Anthony Morrow arrested on kidnapping, assault charges, Three things to Know: Takeaways from Lakers comeback win over Mavericks, will be away from the team for a couple of games, after allegedly punching a 17-year-old boy, were involved in a controversy with a member of the Pacers traveling party, Morant apparently flashing a gun on Instagram Live. Announcer: ( 00:01) Duncan told his story, not by talking about himself, but about the people who helped him along the way. 3 Kansas, QB prospect Will Levis doesnt lack confidence at combine, SA Veterans Memorial wins region crown, advances to state semis. Tim Duncan may be the most underrated legend of the game ever. Noel is in his ninth NBA season out of Kentucky, he brings a strong defensive impact to the floor but his lack of an offensive game makes him difficult to play outside of specific matchups and lineups. The formal induction ceremony, which also welcomed Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett into the Hall of Fame, was supposed to be held last year, but was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In many ways, those close to Duncan consider the circumstances surrounding his enshrinement almost perfect. He also thanked twofellow inductees and former Western Conference rivals: Garnett and, posthumously, Bryant. Recovery time from this injury varies from player to player, but he is likely out for about a year. Scholarly publications with full text pdf download. The five-time NBA champ was notorious for his reticent personality. According to a warrant for Morrow's arrest, he's facing charges of assault by strangulation, second-degree kidnapping and communicating threats. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc. Commissioner.com is a registered trademark of CBS Interactive Inc. site: media | arena: nba | pageType: stories | You showed up after I got drafted, you came to my island, you sat with my friends, my family, you talked with my dad. I think with the way Pop and Tim connected it also became a very caring environment.. SAN ANTONIO The contents inside Lonnie Walker IV's gut churned,. Blucas bursts into laughter telling the story. The Grizzlies say their star guard will be away from the team for 'at least' the next 2 games. It was a heartfelt speech that didn't appear to rely much on a teleprompter. You came to my island, you sat with my friends and my family. It even included a playful joke from Ginobili at Duncan's expense. David Robinson hugs Tim Duncan before presenting him for induction into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame on Saturday at Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Conn. For 19 spectacular seasons with the Spurs, Tim Duncan was cool, calm and collected personified. You are an exceptional person. Buford said, I think theres no way Pop should miss that. Duncans former teammate Williams shouldnt, either. Tim Duncan Duncan, who won five NBA championships, said giving a speech Saturday was more overwhelming than any game he ever played. The acid and PH of the urine will actually cut the pain. And on a personal level, I love the guy," Popovich said. Nobody would argue that any of the accomplishments listed above, or even all of them together, is the reason that Duncan is being enshrined this weekend. Those who try to diminish the on-court accomplishments of Duncan often point to the (future) Hall of Fame coach he spent his whole career with, or the multiple current and future Hall of Fame players he played with like David Robinson, Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili. That was evident during his Hall of Fame induction speech Saturday an event so big Gregg Popovich didnt coach the Spurs Saturday to be there. It was little surprise, then, that Popovich skipped the Spurs' game against the Suns on Saturday to be at Duncan's ceremony. Those were probably the qualities I noticed first when I spent that time with him.. He has a resume that can be stacked up against fellow inductee Kobe Bryant: five-time NBA champion, three-time Finals MVP, two-time NBA MVP, 15-time All-NBA, 15-time All-Defensive team, 15-time All-Star. Jeff McDonald began covering the Spurs for the San Antonio Express-News in September 2007, three months after the team's fourth championship. Ginobili put together a highly impressive NBA career in addition to the success he achieved in the EuroLeague and with the Argentinian men's national team. Popovich skipped Saturdays game against Phoenix at the AT&T Center to attend Duncans induction ceremony. We know all we need to know about Tim Duncan, the Hall of Fame basketball player. A threepeat by fellow inductee Kobe Bryant and prime Shaq was ended by a Spurs team led by Duncan, who had just won his second MVP award in a row and put up 28 points, 12 boards and 5 assists per game in that series. He is my favorite basketball player of all time. Kim Mulkey of Tickfaw became LSU's sixth coach or player inducted into the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame on Saturday night . Tim Duncan thanks Gregg Popovich for the impact he had on his life, on and off the court. 11965351007, Ja Morant shows off gun on Instagram Live, Draymond Green on Westbrook: You kind of start questioning yourself, Source: Telekom Bonn targets Davide Alviti, Olimpia Milanos Devon Hall suffered a right knees lesion, Brescia stuns Milano to set Coppa Italia Semifinal against Pesaro, Olimpia takes the floor in the Italian Cup,Coach Messina: Small details crucial in elimination games, Lenovo Tenerife officially signs Leandro Bolmaro, Marko Guduric reportedly close to extend with Fenerbahce, Singapore to host FIBA Intercontinental Cup under three-year partnership. I wanted to see where he came from, the lessons, morals and all the things that he applied to the game, he said. "With his teammates, he set the quiet example of competing every day," Pop said. 1 overall pick in the 1997 NBA Draft, Duncan spent 19 seasons with the Spurs, and Popovich was there for all of them. List of journal articles on the topic 'Great Britain. I think it was loyalty to Pop, a loyalty to the organization. section: | slug: tim-duncan-thanks-gregg-popovich-in-heartfelt-moment-during-hall-of-fame-speech | sport: basketball | route: article_single.us | Duncans 15 All-Defensive team mentions are the most in NBA history. Ginobili gave his speech at the induction ceremony on Saturday. He was more than willing to do what was best for the team. Hes the most selfless individual Ive ever been around, said coach Gregg Popovich. I did end up peeing on my foot and it felt much better. If it wasnt like that, Tim wasnt interested. Put together, it made Duncan arguably the greatest power forward in NBA history. The two won four championships together and were integral in forming one of the NBA's greatest ever dynasties. Things moved beyond the mentoring stage. Tims like, Im not kidding you. You can e-mail himhere, find his archivehereand follow him onTwitter. NBA (@NBA) May 15, 2021 Duncan's speech was a celebration of all the people who played a role in getting him to this point, whether they were in the world of basketball or in his personal. 2020: Patrick Baumann, Kobe Bryant, Tamika Catchings, Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett, Kim Mulkey, Barbara Stevens, Eddie Sutton, Rudy Tomjanovich. Get out of the Unicorn's way pic.twitter.com/uFae2XcC34, NBC Sports Wizards (@NBCSWizards) March 5, 2023. Duncan entered the Hall of Fame among one of the most star-studded classes in history, joining the late Kobe Bryant; Kevin Garnett; college coaching legend Eddie Sutton; two-time NBA champion coach Rudy Tomjanovich; WNBA and Olympic star Tamika Catchings; Kim Mulkey, who won three NCAA titles at Baylor; five-time Division II National Womens Coach of the Year Barbara Stevens; and longtime FIBA executive Patrick Baumann. "I played the game with a passion." He also shouted out fellow inductees Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant. Another star honored in Springfield was Tim Duncan. Duncan, who celebrated his own Hall of Fame honor . His longevity is nearly unparalleled in the modern game, and his greatness is the common thread tying San Antonios championships together. Even in retirement, he texts members of the Spurs staff saying he misses them, that he cant wait to get back into the gym with them. VanVleet missed another 3 and Beal missed a jumper to force the extra period. All of these moments: the jersey retirements, MVP ceremonies going back to the Wooden Award (in college) he looks at all those things as an opportunity to get all these people together from a lot of different parts of his life. I want to go down to St. Croix for a week or so and see how this all started. . E-Book Overview. Perhaps thats a part of Duncans upbringing in the Virgin Islands, which we all may witness in the future through a Tim Duncan documentary. It wasnt about him. Then came the latest incident Morant apparently flashing a gun on Instagram Live while at a club Friday night/Saturday morning which has led to the team announcing the All-Star point guard will be away from the team for at least two games., Statement from the Memphis Grizzlies pic.twitter.com/CLB2TG5nnI, Grizzlies PR (@GrizzliesPR) March 4, 2023. The No. Yet Duncan isnt about himself, hes not hyping his brand or thinking about his social media presence. Celebrate the trio's 60 combined NBA seasons with these key numbers. And while he joked he did not want to say anything about him, Duncan spoke beautifully about the importance Gregg Popovich played in his life. 6 min read. Erick Savage (@ErickSavage13) March 4, 2023. Thank you for teaching me about basketball, but even beyond that, teaching me that it's not all about basketball. His 1,001 career victories are. It's about what's happening in the world, about your family. Be the best at everything I did. He was a 15-time All-NBA team member, a three-time Finals most valuable player and two-time regular season MVP.. Duncans credentials, burnished over 19 NBA seasons all spent with the Spurs, made him a Hall of Fame lock long before Saturdays enshrinement made it official. Tim Duncan will officially become a Hall-of-Famer on Satuday. "It was an honor sharing the court with you guys. Spurs legend Tim Duncan is now a Hall of Famer. Duncan's voice broke as he talked to his children, telling them they were special human beings and he can't wait to see what's next for them. NBA.com is part of Warner Media, LLCs Turner Sports & Entertainment Digital Network, Tim Duncan's Hall of Fame Enshrinement Speech, Jeremy Sochan Post-Game vs Indiana Pacers | San Antonio Spurs | 3/2/23, Devonte' Graham Post-Game vs Indiana Pacers | San Antonio Spurs | 3/2/23, Mitch Johnson Pre-Game vs Indiana Pacers | San Antonio Spurs | 3/2/23, Malaki Branham Shootaround vs Indiana Pacers | San Antonio Spurs | 3/2/23, Zach Collins Shootaround vs Indiana Pacers | San Antonio Spurs | 3/2/23, Spurs Honor Red McCombs with Jersey Patch, Doug McDermott Post-Game at Utah Jazz | San Antonio Spurs | 2/28/23, Keldon Johnson Post-Game at Utah Jazz | San Antonio Spurs | 2/28/23, Gregg Popovich Post-Game at Utah Jazz | San Antonio Spurs | 2/28/23, Gregg Popovich Post-Game at Utah Jazz | San Antonio Spurs | 2/25/23, Keldon Johnson Post-Game at Utah Jazz | San Antonio Spurs | 2/25/23, Gregg Popovich Pre-Game at Utah Jazz | San Antonio Spurs | 2/25/23, Jeremy Sochan on Development and Growth with the Spurs. We understand that the 15-year span between Duncans first title (1999) and last (2014) ranks as the second longest in league history behind Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (17 years) among players participating in both NBA Finals series, according to Elias Sports Bureau. The move came as no surprise within the organization, as it understood from the beginning that Duncan would assist Popovich for only a short period. Duncan was enshrined into the Hall of Fame as a member of the 2021 class. But on the way to the shoot, an issue arose with the script about one of Robinsons lines. Take the brash, cocky, I know Im the man and you cant stop me greatness of Larry Bird telling opponents how hed beat them before doing it, and replace the trash talk with the genuine care of a special kindergarten teacher. The truth is, its impossible to distill Duncans career into words or some lengthy think piece. For those watching Saturdays ceremony in San Antonio, the most important Duncan-related statistic is five. In his 19 years in the NBA, he very rarely addressed crowds or reporters for more than a few minutes but during his Hall of. Check out Tim Duncans full speech following his induction into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame! Related research topic ideas. He just loved playing the game and went about his business. "He is.". The star-studded class, led by Tim Duncan, Kevin Garnett and the late Kobe Bryant, was chosen in April 2020, but the enshrinement ceremony was delayed due to the pandemic. All within a couple of hours on Saturday, the Grizzlies announced that Ja Morant will be away from the team for a couple of games following apparently flashing a gun at a club and showing it on Instagram Live, then the league announced Dillon Brooks is suspended for one game after reaching the limit of 16 technical fouls this season. The greatest power forward in history is officially in the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. That realization alone might have been the best part of Duncans nerve-wracking but well-earned enshrinement Saturday. There is a financial risk for him with the accumulation of incidents. Just, for everything, thank you for being the amazing human being that you are.. May 15, 2021 by Sport Desk. In unserem Vergleich haben wir die unterschiedlichsten 70413 lego am Markt unter die Lupe genommen und die wichtigsten Eigenschaften, die Kostenstruktur und die Bewertungen der Kunden abgewogen. Pittsburgh Steeler Troy Polamalu was inducted into the 2021 Hall of Fame, and gave a speech on August 7, 2021. . But when Tim Duncans over there cleaning up your mess, thats a hell of a statement.. We saw emotional speeches from everyone, including Kevin Garnett and Vanessa Bryant, who honored her late husband, Kobe Bryant. Duncan didnt talk like that to get in his opponents heads and intimidate them, he actually wanted to teach the game while playing it, even if it gave his competitors an advantage, maybe because he knew he could still beat them. Retired Miami Dolphins linebacker Zach Thomas, who was named to seven Pro Bowls and five First-Team All-Pro squads, has been named one of the 15 finalists for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Listen in as Tim Duncan has his post-Draft phone call with coach Gregg Popovich in 1997. When his playing days were done, Duncan even joined the Spurs' coaching staff for a season to work with Popovich, a testament to their relationship. Ginobili and Parker are likely to be included in future Hall of Fame classes. He turned to me and said, Well, you might not have to worry about it, but I do because Im gonna be his teammate. Now add Nerlens Noel to the mix, they will sign the free agent who was waived by Detroit last month to a 10-day contract, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN. Tim Duncan's upbringing in St. Croix helped set the stage for one of the most successful careers in NBA history. He thanked his three children and wife Vanessa. The Brooklyn Nets are a little thin at center. In a funny and emotional Hall of Fame speech, San Antonio Spurs icon Manu Ginobili made sure to recognize two people who had a major impact on his career: Tim Duncan and Gregg Popovich. Morant released this statement through his agent: I take full responsibility for my actions last night. If you are having difficulty accessing any content on this website, please visit our Accessibility page. The enshrinement ceremony for the Basketball Hall of Fame's 2020 and 2021 classes -- which includes late Lakers legend and 18-time NBA All-Star Kobe Bryant and 15-time All-Stars Tim Duncan and . Wayne James Bennett AM (born 1 January 1950), also known by the nickname "Benny", is an Australian professional rugby league coach who was signed in late 2021 for three years by the Dolphins in readiness and preparation for their inaugural 2023 season in the National Rugby League competition. Nic Claxton has had a fantastic season and starts for them, but behind him they lean on second-year player Day'Ron Sharpe. Manu Ginobili made it a point to thank his former San Antonio Spurs teammate, Tim Duncan, during his Hall of Fame speech. There have been concerns within the Grizzlies about Morants off-court choices, league sources told NBC Sports, and this step by the team to discipline Morant appears to be an extension of earlier efforts to talk about him with that. Materials date from the 1920s through the 1970s. When the lights shined the brightest, Duncan was revered for consistently bringing his game to another level, anchoring an oftentimes indomitable Spurs defense and baffling opponents with his fundamentally sound game on the other. "On a professional level, the most concise way to put it is, 'no Duncan, no championships.' "There's no Hall of Fame talk if TD is not on my team. This is the most nervous Ive ever been in my life, Duncan said. Tim Duncan will present his former San Antonio Spurs teammate, Manu Ginobili, at the Basketball Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony. Trent and VanVleet missed 3-pointers before Delon Wright tied it with his 3 with 30 seconds left. "There will never be anyone like. Saturday night at Mohegan Sun in Uncasville, Connecticut, Duncan will officially become a member of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame. You can follow Grant Afseth on Twitter at @GrantAfseth. He was the only NBA coach Duncan played under, and the two won more games than any other player-coach tandem in league annals. #20HoopClass pic.twitter.com/guhsWazCk9, "He's gonna get mad at me if I talk about him. Tim Duncan's ascent to the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame was not preordained. Tony Parker Says Tim Duncan Didn't Talk to Him for Entire Rookie Season Jim Cavan April 21, 2014 Eric Gay Based on years of hearing him in interviews, we can safely assume Tim Duncan's. But he didnt pound his chest and scream in peoples faces. This collection consists of pamphlets relating to a variety of specific topics in black history, as well as pamphlets relating to both black history and Africa, the West Indies, Communism, and Asia. SPRINGFIELD, Mass. Bryant and the others were voted into the Hall of Fame as part of the 2020 class, but the formal induction ceremony was delayed because of the Covid-19 pandemic. They told me and made me take pride in everything I did.. Brooks will serve his 1-game suspension Sunday when the Grizzlies visit the Clippers. Im going to take some time away to get help and work on learning better methods of dealing with stress and my overall well-being.. "This is the most nervous I've ever been in my life,". Hes gonna come to you with love before he comes at you with challenge, aggression, competitiveness, anger and intensity.. He's a kid from the islands who kept a promise to his mom. I dont know how that kind of success, money, fame and impact doesnt change you. Thank you for teaching me about basketball, but even beyond that teaching me that it's not all about basketball. The Grizzlies have gone 4-5 in the games Morant has missed this season. You got to love the relationship between Manu Ginobili and Tim Duncan for sure. On Saturday, in front of a coat-and-tie-clad audience at an arena in Uncasville, Conn., Duncan finally cracked. Its having a sense of humor. . Charles Barkley's Basketball Hall of Fame Enshrinement. Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Flipboard (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), NBA Power Rankings: Bucks just keep on winning to stay on top, Raptors sign Will Barton to add wing depth for remainder of season, Giannis cant wait to pick Morant as captains select All-Star teams. But if a guy that accomplished has his trophies in the back collecting dust in a closet someplace, thats probably where all of ours should be.. Youve probably seen him do that a million times.