He also contributes to the Evil Examined Podcast where he explores the most strange and horrifying events in the history of humanity with his lady and friends. var ue_t0=window.ue_t0||+new Date(); Now she is obsessed with cleaning. Im curious as youre deep into horror circles what would your best recommendations be for my reading list? She runs into the slob and shit just hits the fan from there. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); L is for Lycans (featuring my short story Harzie Pulls the Trigger), I is for Internet (featuring my short story Hackergirl), The Bumper Book of British Bizarro (featuring my short story House of Joy). I recommend The Slob to anyone who relishes the extreme horror genre. } The story does start off strong then half way though it just becomes "how can I make this as pointlessly disgusting as possible with out actually adding to the plot/story". Unable to add item to Wish List. (LogOut/ function isShowingBuyableFeatures() { stylesheet.rel = "stylesheet"; Aron Beauregard is the real deal when it comes to extreme horror. I started out not liking the main character. After pursuing careers (which ultimately failed) in music, filmmaking, and full-time drug use, he eventually circled back to his bloody bread and butter: writing highly disturbing and bizarre material that tends to explore the human potential for evil. The female protagonist has a really bad case of "female written by a man". googletag.pubads().enableSingleRequest(); After pursuing careers (which ultimately failed) in music, film-making, and full-time drug use, he eventually circled back to his bloody bread and butter: writing highly disturbing and bizarre material that tends to explore the human potential for evil. I just finished reading Aron Beauregards The Slob, and I gotta say this is one of the most vile and disgusting books Ive ever read. It is not full-on bizarro, but one can see the elements of that subgenre in this story. Removing this book will also remove your associated ratings, reviews, and reading sessions. An avid supporter of horror art and illustration, Aron has made it his standard to hire illustrators for every book that he puts out himself under his brand AB Horror. There is like a 10 minuet description of "The Slob" in the seen that take about 5 seconds in real time. Aron Beauregard was born in Central Falls, Rhode Island. Deeply disturbing and a truly horrific read.would I recommend it? A must-read for splatter fans! A typecast not to be ignored, when clearly the author seeks to obliterate any 'feminine' qualities. "https://":"http://";i+=f?g:k;i+=j;i+=h;c(i)}if(!e.ue_inline){if(a.loadUEFull){a.loadUEFull()}else{b()}}a.uels=c;e.ue=a})(window,document); I just want my money back. "CacheDetection.RequestID": "P9ZWWV3JHMTSXH679245", Aron Beauregard was born in Central Falls, Rhode Island. The Slob is for Extreme Horror fans. Ha ha yeah I guess so Jon. Then, like a dog with a new treat, he gnawed on the rubbery skin for a while before slurping it down with all my hair like you would spaghetti. To quote the book, No one knows how the seemingly minor choices they make will come to affect them. When Vera becomes a salesman herself, she has no idea of the danger shes put herself into. Sorry, there was a problem loading this page. The Slob Paperback - 18 November 2020 by Aron Beauregard (Author) 1,571 ratings See all formats and editions Kindle $5.58 Read with Our Free App Audiobook $0.00 Free with your Audible trial Paperback $18.42 1 Used from $22.45 4 New from $18.42 SOME STAINS DON'T COME OUT. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. It was about a teenager who couldnt score the girl of his dreams in life so he decided to kill her and impregnate her corpse You can imagine where it goes from there. I absolutely adored the illustrations throughout the book they were morbidly beautiful.. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Everything seems to be going well for her, the nastiness that was her childhood a distant memory until a door-to-door salesman inadvertently changes her life forever. It is easy to see why Aron Beauregard is rising in popularity as an Extreme Horror author. googletag.pubads().setTargeting("sid", "osid.e7fb582ebcf38074f9ee3bd8fb6dade1"); I follow a lot of horror reviewers and this author's books keep popping up. To get the latest updates about upcoming releases, signed books and merchandise, film news, his horror podcasts, and so much more, visit his website: To subscribe to his free newsletter, join the AB Horror Maggot Mailing List at: Find all the books, read about the author, and more. stylesheet.type = "text/css"; Beauregard provides all the innards of a daring venture that pushes . return true; return false; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; if (a[a9]) return; Specifically, the part wherein the protagonist refuses to eat, so The Slob ties her up to a bed, rapes her with the meat, forces her to eat it, kills her unborn child, and makes her eat that for dessert. Youre still thinking of buying it right now? Plane and simple. I follow his social media so I will use it to post updates on his new releases and discussions and stuff. You're listening to a sample of the Audible audio edition. Discover Book Depository's huge selection of Aron Beauregard books online. Wow everyone, I just finished these two books by Aron Beauregard and let me tell you, if you want to be disturbed And utterly disgusted, these two are Amazing quick reads. The Slob is a vile villain, the vilest of any I have ever experienced since reading horror over the past 40 odd years. Definitely going to read his other works. He's been writing horror since the 6th grade when his parents discovered a short story titled "Zombie Child" wedged in the back pocket of his dirty acid-washed jeans. setDisplayBids: function() {}, When the slob said "Time for desert?" He also contributes to the Evil Examined Podcast where he explores the most strange and horrifying events in the history of humanity with his lady and friends. Plausible concepts are a huge plus, but psychological horror in any setting is fantastic. Some of the guys think Im ready for my first tournament, but Im not sure Im ready yet. But Aron Beauregard is a brilliant writer and The Slob will give you nightmares for weeks! }); big yikes. Ive read quite a lot of disturbing novels in my time, and very few can compare to Aron Beauregards work in terms of cliched, low-quality writing. The steps of an evil that resurrects the ghastly memories she so desperately tried to wash away. Her biography runs into a marriage to paralysed Vietnam veteran Daniel, who she originally courted with sick jokes about cannibalism and strokes; this entire life story is narrated by Vera narrates with lashings of observational humour. U want the nasty details? He emits a Manson-esque charm through the pathetic platform, peddling his works of smut and violence to any goon willing to listen. The author is talented with their words, which can be more rare for this genre. Yes it's extreme, but it's also well written and had me reading well into the late hours of the night to finish it, even though I had to be up early for work in the morning. No reason or story behind it really.Sooo many questions left unanswered.It had potential to be really good. Extreme fiction is one of those areas a lot of people write in these days but so few do it well. But still, 10/10 A.B. window.csa("Config", { The first-person perspective is brilliantly conversational, the character entertaining, relatable, and evocative. // (LogOut/ Stine, Harold S, Shane McKenzie, Clive Barker, Brett Easton Ellis, R.L. I am in..I'm 100% firmly in the Aron Beauregard fan club.. (function(e){var c=e;var a=c.ue||{};a.main_scope="mainscopecsm";a.q=[];a.t0=c.ue_t0||+new Date();a.d=g;function g(h){return +new Date()-(h?0:a.t0)}function d(h){return function(){a.q.push({n:h,a:arguments,t:a.d()})}}function b(m,l,h,j,i){var k={m:m,f:l,l:h,c:""+j,err:i,fromOnError:1,args:arguments};c.ueLogError(k);return false}b.skipTrace=1;e.onerror=b;function f(){c.uex("ld")}if(e.addEventListener){e.addEventListener("load",f,false)}else{if(e.attachEvent){e.attachEvent("onload",f)}}a.tag=d("tag");a.log=d("log");a.reset=d("rst");c.ue_csm=c;c.ue=a;c.ueLogError=d("err");c.ues=d("ues");c.uet=d("uet");c.uex=d("uex");c.uet("ue")})(window);(function(e,d){var a=e.ue||{};function c(g){if(!g){return}var f=d.head||d.getElementsByTagName("head")[0]||d.documentElement,h=d.createElement("script");h.async="async";h.src=g;f.insertBefore(h,f.firstChild)}function b(){var k=e.ue_cdn||"z-ecx.images-amazon.com",g=e.ue_cdns||"images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com",j="/images/G/01/csminstrumentation/",h=e.ue_file||"ue-full-11e51f253e8ad9d145f4ed644b40f692._V1_.js",f,i;if(h.indexOf("NSTRUMENTATION_FIL")>=0){return}if("ue_https" in e){f=e.ue_https}else{f=e.location&&e.location.protocol=="https:"?1:0}i=f? I really enjoyed this book and will definitely be working through the rest of the authors back catalog. //