Manage Settings Blades will run, but the mower wont move! battery in question as well as a compatible tool and charger. If the yellow LED has started flashing, the charger is defective. It is not that rare for the solenoid between the battery and the starter to go bad after extended use. Thanks. The Battery Level Meter on my mower is erratic in its reporting and the hour meter is off by 6%. Thanks for the info on the Facebook group. When you insert a healthy battery, the green light starts flashing. Complete Ryobi RM480e lawn mower Specs (also known as Ryobi RY48110, Ryobi 1002145407, Ryobi 75Ah Electric Riding Mower). Please read and accept our website Terms and Privacy Policy to post a comment. He has an unconventional approach to problem-solving, and is adept at devising original solutions to complex issues. Here, your only focus should be on purchasing a fresh piece. We did, however, run into an unusual drought here in Central Florida. and group 31 (100 Ahr.) I did buy a second set of blades ($25) to have on hand should I need to swap out the ones in use, but the blades stay sharp all through the mowing season. We enjoyed using the Ryobiriding mower. Electricity cost to recharge the batteries is less than $0.10. I have to do it with two charges. Headlights would seem odd, except for the fact that the mower is really quiet compared to comparable gas-powered models. I have one of these and love it. Once you've located the charging port, insert the charging . The Ryobi 48V riding mower also includes cruise control. Battery Operated: fully electric and 0 emissions. From there, you need to remove the bad solenoid and install a replacement. ft. of lawn and occasionally a 16,000 sq. Its blade hub spins up to 7,000 revolutions per minute. If I turn the key on and off enough times it will suddenly work fine like nothing is wrong. Did any of you actually have success with having them just send your the drive controller itself? Return . Had seen this from an unreliable source before, but now I think we can safely say it's coming: A larger deck and some more speed also come in handy. I just passed 50 mows and also love it. That can happen due to multiple reasons, and you will have to check on it properly to get it sorted out in the right manner. 2022 LawnMowerForum.com. cutting deck that fits in fenced areas with ease. Maintenance on this machine is minimal and consists of lubricating the steering mechanism occasionally. I opened the covers to check battery connections, etc. My RM and my neighbors RM both have issues with the Battery Level Meter and the hour meter. Hope this helps. It's powered by 50Ah batteries and three high powered brushless motors to give you up to 1 acre or 1 hour of runtime on a single charge. The green LED only illuminates when the battery is fully charged. Combined with aggressive zero turn technology, the 12-Position Manual Deck Adjustment provides a clean cut to your lawn every time. Pretty simple to replace once you cut through all the heat shrink over connections. I was wondering if we can replace the batteries with lithiumhttps://www.amazon.com/Ampere-Time-LiFePO4-Applications-Warranty/dp/B084DB36KW/ref=mp_s_a_1_11?dchild=1&keywords=12V+LiFePO4&qid=1590833279&sr=8-11Envoy de mon Power_6 en utilisant Tapatalk. If the ground is level and if I go very, very, slowly and don't lower the blades more than 3 or 4 notches from the top, it will mow a half hour or so, but even going down hill will just turn off if I try to lower blade to reasonable level. While these other batteries fit andmight work in the Ryobi mowers, one rather large difference stands out. Privacy Policy He will help you with a battery replacement, as these problems are covered by the warranty. If the battery was inside a working device, wait 30 minutes before placing it inside the charger. By Make sure it is still healthy. Some reports of early breakdowns. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. However, most Ryobi chargers use red and green LEDs. DIY inspiration and project plans! Some models use a yellow LED to show that the battery is charging. Low maintenance: no belts, spark plugs, or filters. The LPC12-xxx batteries should give 1,500 to 1,700 charges. In addition, youll have access to replacement To charge: Insert charger plug into charging port on mower, making sure it is properly connected. Display as a link instead, You can touch the brake to disable cruise control or deactivate it via the push button switch. Ryobi flashes red light because the battery is either too hot or too cold. Do this for 30 minutes to wake the battery up. I wouldn't use it like a bull dozer to break compacted ground. I need to ship it to Canada. Ive been investigating replacement batteries for the RM480 & ZT480 mowers and have found some group 24 (75 Ahr.) The charging process generates heat. Ryobi Tools Subredditfor Ryobi enthusiasts. The RYOBI 48-Volt Riding Mower is equipped with premium features like LED Headlights, battery level indicator, and a cup holder to make mowing comfortable and convenient. The snow plow has been discontinued by the manufacturer. I like the mower in general, and it seems to do everything I need it do except the battery life is no where near what I expected (and Ryobi claims). and believe it may just be a problem with my own individual mower, but Ryobi isn't backing up their warranty well. Visit the interactive landing page to learn more about this mower. KayakerBob: Do you still have the plow? I used it constantly during my testing as its easy to engage and disengage. A layperson cannot fix a detective charger that wont light up. RYOBI provides exceptional service, bringing repairs directly to your home within select regions or service your riding mower at one of the 300+ service centers. part schematics. . steel deck is equipped with two precision cut steel blades. The Ryobi lawnmower is a self-propelled mower with a 48-volt battery that can adjust in height from 1.5 inches to 4 inches for various grass lengths and surfaces. today I put the key in. Also my current set is only half way since OP didnt condition properly. It will get you to that 1-1/2 acre lot size or more. It is. The seat on the Ryobi battery-powered riding mower has a couple of springs to cushion the ride and an adjustment lever to slide it front and back. The beginning voltage should be 51 - 52 volts regardless of what the % meter reads. But if I turn that key off and back on in that temp range it will not move, but blades will engage just fine. Duracell Charger Blinking/Flashing Red, Green & No Light, Kobalt Charger Blinking Red/Green/No Light Meaning, Dewalt Charger(Red, Orange, Yellow, Green) Light Meaning, Worx Battery Compatibility Check With Dewalt & Other 7 Brands. My friend and I have tested the batteries and they seem OK voltage wise. warranty, please visit The Home Depot. The aux jack has no power either. Take advantage of the warranty before its too late. Blades can engage though! As this guide will soon show, some flashing LEDs are innocuous. You will need a minimal budget to make use of this solenoid. Youve probably seen a split receptacle, but you had no idea what it was called. Most of the time, it wont take you more than a few minutes to install the new alternator. Wait a few minutes before charging the battery in the Ryobi charger. Even if youre able to somehow charge the battery, it wont hold any charge for more than an hour. Put it in reverse. Years later, he moved into the expanding area of video editing, where he served as the companys senior AVID video editor for three years. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. The RY48111 is a beefy riding mower that comes with all the latest technology and versatility built into it. You are using an out of date browser. Yes, you can wire a switch with 12/2 wires. Jumped out all possible circuits that could cause this as well such as parking brake and seat switch. If you like to drink water or something when you mow, a cup holder is located behind and to the left of the seat. Thanks for the reply, and it's definitely an electronic issue. You can fix this problem by removing and re-inserting the battery. If the battery was over-discharged, you could wake it from sleep mode by connecting the battery to a DC power supply or a second battery. When he's not playing with the latest power tool, Clint DeBoer enjoys life as a husband, father, and avid readerespecially the Bible. So, if it is a bit rough, just purchase a replacement. Electric Riding Mower Lithium-Ion and Lead Acid Battery- 10 Best Tips. It all comes down to the current situation of your lawn mower. Anyone else have a similar issue with the batteries or have suggestions? Battery Operated: fully electric and 0 emissions. While you are making it work, the lawn mower also has to deal with tons of moisture and more. That is, installed in the Ryobi system, they will handle many more charge cycles than the the other brands. To order by phone, contact us at I can appreciate that and look forward to more innovation from Ryobiand others in the area over the coming years. Update: I pulled the batteries and charged them individually on a 10amp charger. I have unplugged almost every accessible plug to check connections. An example of data being processed may be a unique identifier stored in a cookie. The speed at which a red Ryobi light flashes doesnt change its function. Chargers have a limited lifespan. As an Amazon Associate, we may earn income when you click on an Amazon link. Wanna sell yours? There are other several factors, including cells that cant hold a charge, extreme temperatures, and over-discharge. Is the red LED off as well? I have spent a few hours trouble shooting. Bagger for RYOBI 48V 38 in. Your one stop destination for tips & techniques, manuals, Ryobi 38" Battery Electric Rear Engine Riding Lawn Mower RY48110. 18 English. Riding Lawn Mower (53) $ 315 85. Disconnect all wiring between the batteries and the mower. Riding mower battery charging issues. Mower works like new once again, luckily the warrenty covered it saving me 300+ dollars. Here is the snow plow,.it works great, but to keep it quiet (stealth mode), I inserted a 5/16 thick hard plastic in between the blade and their wear plate. The Ryobi RM480Euses twin 19 blades that are driven directly by twobrushless motors. Then there's the time and effort to take apart the mower just to check and replace the batteries. The Project Light features HYBRID technology allowing it to work with any RYOBI 18V ONE+ battery or on electric power with an extension cord. The light on the charger twice briefly gave a charging fault but it mostly is fine. The included bagging blades work with the nylon mesh bin design providing superior airflow for ultimate bagging performance. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". After graduating at the top of his class with an Associates Degree in Recording Engineering, he began working for the famed Soundelux studios in 1994, one of the largest post-production companies specializing in audio for feature films & television. Replaced the batteries at 127 hours - so it costs over $10 and hour to run this mower. Sign up today for new tool announcements, promotions, exclusive offers, Dont re-insert it until the temperature stabilizes. That piqued our interest. If you dont know how to use a multimeter, take the battery to a professional. Ideally, you should top your battery up when it is about 50% charged and then . The first year of use was amazing. The battery will show 70% charge. KnarlyCarl Both have the 4 battery setup, and the 100ah versions of both those are the exact same. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. Join our newsletter and get the latest tool reviews every week! If they think the battery is dead, get rid of it and find a replacement. Electric costfor the first two years has been $15.44 total. Hey guys looking for the zero turn model. The mower drives quickly when the blades arent engagedaround 8mph. Bridging the gap between battery powered solutions and the traditional riding mower, the Ryobi RM480E is quiet, feature-rich, and nearly maintenance-free.The batteriesif they last as long as your typical golf cartshould be expected to run for 5 years (maybe more). Is this just a normal decrease due to age? I would appreciate any help anybody can provide. The red light will remain steady during this period. To the right of the entire panel lies a vertically-oriented space that can hold your smartphone. How long can everyone else mow on a single charge? If you have a question about this tool, try RYOBI HELP+, your So, you need to adjust the temperature accordingly. HD has been out of these batteries for many months. If your yard is under 1/2 acre, then the Ryobi RY40180 40V brushless mowermight be a more economical solution. Hopefully, you will be able to grab a fresh battery by claiming the warranty on your Ryobi system! Tired of spending the best part of your Saturday walking behind a lawn mower? Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Its 38in dual blade cutting deck is designed to make quick work of large lawns, and the massive 100Ah battery allows it to cover up to 2.5 acres on a single charge, due to all these features of RY48111 riding mower, we have included it in our list of best ryobi lawn mower to buy for . So, if you feel like you are getting irregular power delivery or having some problems with the charging, you will need to make sure that you are checking on the terminals. If the battery is too hot or cold, the charger will continue to flash red. This isn't the case. OPERA TION. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. Abnormal. means any battery that doesnt meet the chargers specifications. model. 38" ELECTRIC RIDING MOWER 75 AH [#<ProductFeature id: 2992, title: nil, content: "38\" ELECTRIC RIDING MOWER 75 AH", photo: "f3dce15c-ffe6-4624-b84c-980ce48dda75.jpg", created . Want to learn more about battery safety? Your previous content has been restored. 4. This may help. I use a volt meter to read the voltage at the charging port. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Thisis a mixed bag. troubleshooting, and FAQs. So, if you are not really getting any uptime from the battery, the alternator is to blame here. Be sure to do this when you park the mower after the job is done. View our current promotions for new product releases and the latest The lawn mower is basically a lawn mower that you can ride on and mow the lawn easily while having a ride around. I have not heard of this issue before. The mower isnt silent, mind you, but the drive motor and spinning blades are the only noise sources. If it cooler outside 40ish degrees or below it'll move around perfectly fine and at that point I just leave the key on all day until I get home from work to mow the yard and at the point it's 60 plus degrees outside and works like a charge. ): 16: Terrain Type: Flat with Obstacles: Cutting Width : 38 inches Turning Radius (in.) "RYOBI" is a trademark of RYOBI Limited and is used by TTI Consumer These are lithium-ion batteries that you get on the Ryobi 48V lawn mower, and they need to be charged at an optimal temperature. Thank you. It will likely be located near the handle or on the side of the lawn mower. 38" 100 AH Electric Riding Mower Reviews - page 2; y_2023, m_2, d_7, h_22; You can rely on a diluted vinegar solution to better manage the cleaning cycle. My attempts to contact ryobi gave me nothing but try to charge it longer or buy new batteries. Otherwise, there is no reason for both lights to go off and stay off. It is my understanding that the 50ah LiFePo4 should be about equal to a 75AH SLA battery. The replacement cost per battery can range from $150-$200. Going green - The Best Electric Riding Mowers, Lawn Tractors and ZTRs; 42-inch Electric Zero Turn Mowers - Ryobi, EGO, or Cub Cadet? But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. For replacement of 4V, 18V, 24V, 40V or 80V batteries that are not under . Fast forward to this past weekend and I got the mower out of the garage. I have mowed for 59 hours in the two years and my neighbors 42 Toro Timecutter burns a gallon of gas per hour. Sound convenient? 1. The battery life of the unit can go down substantially over time. Fairly short battery life. Reaching everyone from the construction industry professional and tradesman to the serious DIYer, Pro Tool Reviews helps tool consumers shop better, work smarter, and stay aware of what tools and products can help put them at the top of their game. Review: The RYOBI RM480e Electric Riding Mower Has Impressive Power . Another picture of the new folding tailgate. waited a minute, and then plugged it back in for 10 minutes the battery would then show 100% charge. The hour meter even reset itself to zero last summer. My blades spin up, the batteries are fully charged but no fwd/reverse. Though, Ryobi chargers can also flash red when you discharge the battery pack to unacceptable levels. There is something called a temp sensor lead that must be properly attached so that batteries can charge correctly. 4. I'm in Rindge NH, just over the border from Winchendon MA. I did have one battery fail due to a failed cell that caused that battery to be unable to handle any load. Itsjust behind the deck height lever and can hold only smaller containers. So about $2500 for 4 new batteries- or in layman's terms half the price of a new mower. It is a service bulletin I talked someone into sending me when I had my very first power problem. You should contact Ryobi to have that battery recycled properly and to get yourself a new battery to go with your 48V mower. You can determine their health by analyzing them with a battery tester. replacement of 4V, 18V, 24V, 40V or 80V batteries that are not under The battery is rechargeable and reduces noise and starting problems -- and is more environmentally friendly than traditional gas lawnmowers. If the battery is too hot, you can tell by simply touching it. Probably not, but finding the best electric battery lawn mower is about more than priceyou have a myriad of factors at play. Can not cut 2 1\2 acre lots without battery dying full charge at start never finishes it garages well taking care of but supper to cut 31\2 acres cant cut 1. The keyed switch is below the digital gauge as is the USB port. However, if you find the contact points to be corroded, there is no harm in wiping the rust with a cleaner. Put the mower in forward. HookedOnTool.com is a participant of the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program it is designed to provide an aid for the websites in earning an advertisement fee by means of advertising and linking to Amazon.com products. Clints career has covered nearly the entire realm of audio and video production. The brake is disengaged, Purchased in September of 2018. I left it in for our testing. one-stop destination for tips & techniques, manuals, "RYOBI" is a trademark of RYOBI Limited and is used by TTI Consumer This situation almost always points toward a bad battery. Stellar is an engineer. The RYOBI 48-Volt Riding Mower is . You can expect a similar response when you over-discharge the battery. Sorry for the slow response, I sometimes forget to visit here. After getting the battery health checked, it will be better for you to replace the battery, and that will get you perfect run time on your battery. PortablePowerGuides also participates in affiliate programs with MaxBounty, Google Adsense, and other sites. 48V 38" 75Ah Brushless Ride-On Lawn Mower. Last year it was replacing the wiring harness when mice chewed through most of the wires in the control box. While this is a hands-on review, I think its also good to address why you would want to buy a battery powered riding mower. Is the RYOBI RM480E mower for everyone? Thanks for helping us do what we love. I have. 7 Common Champion Generator Surging Problem, Ryobi Lithium vs Lithium Plus + (What To Go For? The batteries always read full voltage when individually tested and it always reads 48V on the gauge so I'm fairly . Electric Riding Mowers. Your link has been automatically embedded. Theres one key thing to note about Pro Tool Reviews: Were all about the professional tool user and tradesman! The contacts could be dirty or rusted. My ryobi54 zero turn total electric 5 month old We have the exact problem with ours - have you gotten any suggestions that worked? Does any body know where to get one? If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. RYOBI specializes in making pro-featured power tools and outdoor products truly affordable. Do Not Sell My Data. So, replacing the alternator is the only real option in most situations. Because the charger thinks the battery is dead, you have to wake it up before charging.