The notification you get that verifies your identity is also displayed on any other running app. They also might turn on Conditional Access to reduce the risk of unwanted access to those resources. A: Some organizations require Authenticator to work with single sign-on and to protect organizational resources. Check for notifications doesn't change the situation: no notification queued. Restart the device and try again.2. CSP Partner security requirements where this community is meant for. May 31, 2022 . A: In order to use the Microsoft Authenticator App on Android for your work or school account, push notifications for the app must be enabled and Google Play Services and the Google Play Store must be downloaded and enabled. Answer. Can you get notifications for some accounts on the app, but not others? What might be the issue? After you tap the Contoso account tile, the verification code is visible in full screen. Youll need to share your location once every hour to ensure you are still within a country where you are allowed to access the resource. Created on December 4, 2021 Push notifications for Microsoft authenticator app gets permanently disabled after reset of iOS settings. Aside from writing, he tinkers with tech at home, is a longtime fencer -- the kind with swords -- and began woodworking during the pandemic. Any personal data collected is limited to information needed to help troubleshoot app issues. Full network access. The Authenticator app has been working flawlessly for a long time on my iPhone and Apple Watch, but lately it has completely stopped sending notifications and sometimes I have to manually sync to check for an authentication request. If you're having trouble getting your verification code for your personal Microsoft account, see the Troubleshooting verification codeissuessection of the "Microsoft account security info & verification codes"article. The problem persists. With the release of Authenticator 6.7.3 for iOS, the companion app was removed from the Apple Watch. This will remove passwords and other autofill data from the device. Deny and dont ask again: If you select this option, youll be blocked from accessing the resource. You can review guidance on how to set up MFA for personal accounts here:Microsoft account security info & verification codes- and at the end of the article you find links to the correct community and support options. Highlight a Row Using Conditional Formatting, Hide or Password Protect a Folder in Windows, Access Your Router If You Forget the Password, Access Your Linux Partitions From Windows, How to Connect to Localhost Within a Docker Container. Try change the network to see if the result is different? There are a few steps you need to follow in order to get Microsoft Authenticator to push notifications. You may also refer this article for more information: How to use the Microsoft . Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results by suggesting possible matches as you type. Please let me know if you need any further assistance. You have to re-create your 2FA accounts on your new phone manually. Contacts and phone. I did change my tone for notifications so I knew it was "special". Q: I'm using the verification codes in the app, but how do I switch to the push notifications? On my Android phone, I go Settings > Notifications > Authenticator > All Notifications (under Categories) which opens which notifications make noise, which show on the lock screen etc. Location. Push notification authentication validates login attempts by sending access requests to a mobile device that has been linked to the system. I have moved the Authenticator app from the old to the new phone and it seems to have worked: the new phone has the app working and connected to my work account. The feature is part of a wider set of updates to Microsoft's Windows 11 software to power PCs, which released about a year and a half ago. Dec 14 2021 Enterprises can only enable passwords autofill for all or none of their employees at this time. I just tried accessing a resource (my work MS Teams account), which requires me to authenticate using MS Authenticator. A: Authenticator app already provides a high level of security for two-step verification and account management, and the same high security bar is also extended to managing your passwords. Delivered on weekdays. Latest version (always automatically updated) from Google Play store: 6.1.4, on LG G2 Android 5.0.2 (stock ROM). Microsoft Authenticator will display a message if you need to do this. Not sure if that would help, but I had the same issue since today - the reason was the settings in the Additional Security Verification - Iwasset to "Use verification code from my app" instead of "Notify me through app" - The country name and location coordinates are sent back to the system to determine if you are allowed to access the protected resource. Even deleting the app from your old device isn't enough. All of this could be fixed with a one time bypass for cloud! Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support. Camera. For example, if we use WIFI. Removing autofill data doesn't affect two-step verification. Diagnostic log data that stays only in the app until you select Send feedback in the app's top menu to send logs to Microsoft. Best practices and the latest news on Microsoft FastTrack, The employee experience platform to help people thrive at work, Expand your Azure partner-to-partner network, Bringing IT Pros together through In-Person & Virtual events. You can also allow the sharing of additional non-personal usage data by turning on the Usage Data toggle button on the app's Settings page or when you use the app for the first time. Then, select Add method in the Security info pane. By submitting your email, you agree to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. I had to white-list "Company Portal" application in the battery settings (both Android settings & DuraSpeed application settings, that comes with my version of Android by default). When you purchase through our links we may earn a commission. Therefore, having the phone and approving the request meets the criteria for the second step of verification. Q: I lost my device or moved on to a new device. Q: I am having trouble adding my work or school account to my Microsoft Authenticator app. My phone have been stolen, I had work account logged in there. I have an issue with MFA, my customers are setup to use Microsoft Authentication Mobile App, all of them have chosen to authenticate through the OATH token, they have been connecting successfully, but this week most of them are receiving this error "Unable to reach the server, please verify internet connectivity", the MFA server is up and running! I had to go into the advanced set up to be able to change it back. Cant text myself the verification code because the phone number is wrong and I have no idea how to change it. A: If Autofill is not available for you in Authenticator, it might be because autofill has not yet been allowed for your organization or account type. Don't set up any accounts using Microsoft Authenticator until after you've used the Recovery tool because it will overwrite matching site accounts. Draw over other apps. I test on 6.1.3. We turned off the ability to receive texts/calls and are forcing the Authenticator app. The app requires your consent to use biometric or facial recognition instead of entering the PIN. What Is a PEM File and How Do You Use It? Then, select Settings and scroll down to the Notifications section. The country name is stored and reported back to your IT admin, but your actual coordinates are never saved or stored on Microsoft servers. A: Apple Watch and Android wearable devices (such as Samsung Galaxy Watch) are currently incompatible with Authenticators security features. Read the contents of your storage. If you tried all of these steps and are still having issues, we recommend sending your log files for diagnostics. This article answers common questions about the Microsoft Authenticator app. On iOS, underSettings, selectHow to turn on Autofillin the Autofill settings section to learn how to set Authenticator as the default autofill provider. If it's a bug of Microsoft Authenticator 6.1.4, on Android 5.0.2 hope they'll fix it ASAP. Youll be asked to sign in to the Microsoft account you used for the backup on your old phone. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/back-up-and-recover-account-credentials-in-the-authenticator-app-bb939936-7a8d-4e88-bc43-49bc1a700a40, --please don't forget to upvote and Accept as answer if the reply is helpful--. Why am I seeing this? More information about adding a work or school account to Microsoft Authenticator can be found at Add your work or school account to the Microsoft Authenticator app. Your administrator might ask for this Incident ID if they request customer support. Passwords on the device are encrypted: Passwords on device are encrypted, and encryption/decryption keys are never stored and always generated when needed. Download it from the Google Playfor Androidor the Apple App Storefor iPhone. In the Backup section, toggle-On Cloud Backup on an Android phone, or iCloud Backup on an iPhone. For example, if you're recovering your personal Microsoft account, you must make sure you don't have a personal Microsoft account already set up in the authenticator app. If you want to change setting for MFA for a work/school account, go to https://aka.ms/mfasetupand log in with your work account. Sorry for the late reply -- can you go into the phone's settings and look for the app settings for Microsoft Authenticator (or just Authenticator) and make sure that notifications are enabled there? I haven't been getting my verification notifications since I got my new phone a while back, and I couldn't get the code sent to my number then bc my old phone was messed up so I had to change the number to another phone to get the code and then it said that bc I have tried to many times it still wouldn't let me log into my account!! Setting up SMSto receive verification codes. A: The codes don't require you to be on the Internet or connected to data, so you don't need phone service to sign in. Q: I am having trouble adding my personal account to Microsoft Authenticator. There is no QR code to scan on my laptop using the authenticator app. A Microsoft app for iOS and Android devices that enables authentication with two-factor verification, phone sign-in, and code generation. 05:53 AM To open the app, you must enter your username and password. Previously, we looked at moving 2FA accounts in Google Authenticator to a new phone. A Microsoft app for iOS and Android devices that enables authentication with two-factor verification, phone sign-in, and code generation. Oct 06 2018 Rob Woodgate is a writer and IT consultant with nearly 20 years of experience across the private and public sectors. link. Q: I got a new device or restored my device from a backup. Googles online services are available with push notification authentication. Microsoft's increasingly breaking down barriers between Apple products and its own. To use Microsoft Authenticator, you need to first enable it on your Android device. What is the version of Microsoft Authenticator APP? Based on my knowledge, if you want to older version APP, you could download apk file and install it. Keep only while using: While youre still accessing the protected resource, every hour, youll need to pull out your device and manually approve the request. A: If you need help adding your personal Microsoft account to Microsoft Authenticator, please visit our Microsoft account help page How to use Microsoft Authenticator. change it to mobile connection to see if it is working3. You need to accept the notice of this data collection when you use the app for the first time. I suggest you could check as the following In such case we would suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the app once and check. Just clicking on it will cause a notification permission request to pop up which you can grant. By adding options such as Watch Later and Others, push action buttons can be used to customize when you can watch these videos. - edited As for the Authenticator, I've also seen it fail to bring up the approval, but usually when I manually open the app, it appears. After adding your account, depending on the features you enable for the account, your account data might sync down to the app. Check what is the reasons with Azure AD Sign-in logs and check which conditional still required the MFA and why, Do you've some policies for registered devices? If you have already registered, you'll be prompted for two-factor verification. For more information about these activity notifications, seeWhat happens if there's an unusual sign-in to your account. If you don't get notifications at all, you should check the following conditions: Is your phone in Do Not Disturb or Quiet mode? The scenario happens when you are trying to sign into an application or service, and you are notified by the iOS Authenticator app and approve. For more information, review the Microsoft Privacy Statement. Q: Why do I only get notifications when the app is open? I found with my phone that the notifications had been set back to low priority, so no pop up and no sound. I don't know what to do, since I already removed all devices, reset all account-connected devices, reinstalled theMicrosoft Authenticator multiple times with no success. We select and review products independently. TapRemove accountto remove the account from the app. Dont allow: If you select this option, youll be blocked from accessing the resource. If you have a device that is registered with your organization, you might need an extra step to remove your account. Microsoft Authenticator app has stopped displaying the approve/deny message. Everything is correctly set in my MS account, 2 steps verification, and the Android app Microsoft Authenticator. Oct 06 2018 This check is important so we can be sure we're not overwriting or erasing an existing account by mistake. After setting up the Authenticator app as an autofill provider on your phone, it offers to save your passwords when you enter them on a site or in an app sign-in page. From this point onward, only your new phone will provide 2FA codes for you. if yes it may affect your user behavior. Please try the above suggestion and if there's any update, feel free to let us know. I haven't been able to figure that out. The thing you have is your phone (set up with Authenticator and registered as a two-step verification proof.) This can be done a lot better! This is not exactly the most elegant authentication solution I have ever seen. Authenticator APP and re-add accounts to APP? A: All enterprises or schools added in the Authenticator app need to be allowlisted for Autofill in Authenticator for the app owner to be able to use it. 2023 CNET, a Red Ventures company. You still use your password to access credentials to share with another organization. @Robert WoodsSomehow I got mine to work. What is SSH Agent Forwarding and How Do You Use It? A: When you open Authenticator, you'll see your added accounts as tiles. Sharing best practices for building any app with .NET. Maybe it was turning off wifi. To remove the app from a device using a personal Microsoft account, go to the two-step verification area of yourAccount Securitypage and choose to turn off verification for your old device. There is both a setting on if a notification will be send or if the 6-digit code should be used (given the admin of the tenant did not disable certain methods) and an option to change the phone number. Everything is correctly set in my MS account, 2 steps verification, and the Android app Microsoft Authenticator. When users visit a site or an app, Authenticator will offer to save the password for that site or app, and password is saved only when user chooses to. Unfortunately, there's no guarantee that App Lock will stop someone from accessing Authenticator. If you want to be certain that your account is always secure, you should use the Authenticator app. Generally, when the message appears that a notification was send to the mobile device, there should be an option to use different verification method, which allows to also choose to enter a 6 digit token that is displayed for this account in the MS Authenticator app. You could search it on Google. Q: Will my users work or school account password get automatically synced? A: Yes, Autofill for yourpersonal Microsoft accountsnow works for most enterprise users even when a work or school account is added to the Authenticator app. Used to make sure your phone number matches the number on record when you sign in with your personal Microsoft account for the first time. To use the Recovery tool, open Microsoft Authenticator on your new phone, and then click Begin Recovery.. If you have any other questions about Microsoft Authenticator APP, welcome to post back here. Fortunately, Microsoft Authenticator provides a backup and recovery option. A: Tap the account tile for the account youd like to remove from the app to view the account full screen. Not receiving any Microsoft Authenticator notifications on my new phone, regardless of whatever other device I attempt to access university materials by. I did find some more notification settings for the app when I drilled down further, maybe I mucked with one of those. steps: 2.If you give some error log, try to change network, try to use 4G or other WIFI network. To do this, open Microsoft Authenticator. Don't give them the code - they're trying to break into your account and are stuck at the verification prompt. How do I set up my accounts in Authenticator again? Yes No SH Sharon515 Replied on March 1, 2022 Report abuse In reply to JoseBeltre's post on January 3, 2022 Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. To make the process easier, we allow you to use your fingerprint instead of entering the PIN. How-To Geek is where you turn when you want experts to explain technology. I also deleted all accounts on the app, uninstalled the app and reinstalled it. You might need to talk to your service provider to help with the Android or Apple notifications channel. Authenticate through Microsoft Authentication App by clicking approve when notification pop up. This permission is required for sending notifications. This check is important so we can be sure we're not overwriting or erasing an existing account by mistake. The Different Types Of Social Media Aggregators And What They Offer, Why Blue Is The Best Color For Social Media Sites. If you are still not able to add your account, please reach out to your admin. After that, starting Company Portal application again, Authenticator started to work as expected. Designed to make shopping easier. After that, go to theMicrosoft Authenticator app forumand tell Microsoft the problem you're seeing and the steps you tried. Doing a new MFA registration in the authenticator app (showing the AR code) is only possible when you can access account.microsoft.com and log in using MFA - if you can't the dialogue usually also shows an option reset MFA, then you have to enter additional information to verify your identity. Once the app generates a code, you will be able to log in to your account with it. Since they have removed their account from the application they can not authenticate to the portal. If your work or school uses Azure AD accounts, they are able to turn off this feature. Then sign on with recovery account to do the restore. We have recently implemented MFA with a conditional access policy. No notifications on Android 5.0.2. After that, you should start receiving push notifications from the Authenticator app. A:To add a work or school account for passwordless or two-step verification, select the +button in the top right corner of Microsoft Authenticator > Work or school account> Sign inand complete the authentication on your device to add your account. Dont set up any accounts using Microsoft Authenticator until after youve used the Recovery tool because it will overwrite matching site accounts. Now I have new phone and after installing I am trying to log in and it requests approval of a notification that never arrives, I also cannot log in on any other app like Teams, Outlook, etc because it requires as well approval of notification from Authenticator, that doesn't pop up either. Choose the account you want to sign in with. To switch your personal account over to notifications, you'll have to re-register your device with the account. You can recover your account credentials from your cloud account, but you must first make sure that the account you're recovering doesn't exist in the Microsoft Authenticator app. Two-step verification requires proving two things--a thing you know, and a thing you have. If you don't see an answer to your question, go to theMicrosoft Authenticator app forum. The Authenticator app has been working flawlessly for a long time on my iPhone and Apple Watch, but lately it has completely stopped sending notifications and sometimes I have to manually sync to check for an authentication request. A: All authentications using the Authenticator on Windows Mobile will be retired after July 15, 2020. A Microsoft app for iOS and Android devices that enables authentication with two-factor verification, phone sign-in, and code generation. Authenticator app isn't receiving notifications to Technical Presales and Deployment Services team, Microsoft account security info & verification codes. There is no help available anywhere, and there seems to be no way to "reset" this security information. Exact same problem here. If you have an Apple device, the ID.me Authenticator app is the best option. Regards, Walter You can restore from backup (assuming there was one) but make sure no accounts have been added to the newly install app. Which has been very aggrivating bc it's prevented me from not just all my important emails, but also from being able to get into my HP Desktop also! A push notification authentication is a notification that is sent to a users device in order to confirm their identity. A: Try using the QR code capture feature directly in MicrosoftAuthenticator. Microsoft on Tuesday said it's planning to take on one of the biggest advantages Apple products have, introducing new interoperability features to make its Windows 11 software for PCs talk to iPhones in order to display notifications, send messages, and make and receive calls. Post your questionto theMicrosoft Authenticator app forumto get help from the community. To authenticate a user, push notifications confirm that the device registered with the authentication system is in his or her possession. Used to optionally support Autofill on more apps and sites. Q: Which version of the Authenticator app should I be using? A: The Authenticator app collects three types of information: Account info you provide when you add your account. introducing new interoperability features, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Q: What data does the Authenticator collect and store on my behalf and how can I delete this data? You can choose whether you would like a vibration whenever you receive a notification to verify your identity. After you sign in with your username and password, you'll type in the verification code that's associated with that account. You can fill out a form to allow or deny Autofill for your organization andsend it to the Authenticator team. Sometimes your organization wants to know your location before allowing you to access certain resources. This type of account is frequently called a "broker" account. 05:33 AM A related link for the reference:https://github.com/MicrosoftDocs/azure-docs/blob/master/articles/active-directory/user-help/user-helNote: non-Microsoft link, just for the reference. Allow only while using the app: While youre still accessing the protected resource, every hour, youll need to pull out your device and manually approve the request. There are numerous issues, for example, that the app does not support Apples iOS devices or Googles Android devices. To remove the app from a device using a work or school Microsoft account, go to the two-step verification area of either yourMy Apps pageor your organization's company portal to turn off verification for your old device. TechCommunityAPIAdmin. Q: How do I remove an account from the app? Issues with Microsoft Authenticator not popping up Approval message, The problems should be divided into different parts, Re: Issues with Microsoft Authenticator not popping up Approval message. It was in the way more than I used it so I turned it off. Now I have new phone and after installing I am trying to log in and it requests approval of a notification that never arrives, I also cannot log in on any other app like Teams, Outlook, etc because it requires as well approval of notification from Authenticator, that doesn't pop up either. You can recover your account credentials from your cloud account, but you must first make sure that the account you're recovering doesn't exist in the Microsoft Authenticator app. This data allows our engineers to improve the app in ways that are important to you. To do this, open the Microsoft Authenticator app and tap the menu icon (three dots in the upper right corner). Initially offered in limited public testing, the software won't allow people to participate in group message chats or to send multimedia messages with photos or videos. Q: My one-time passcodes are not working. I also cannot find a code to enter on my laptop from the app. Make sure you have a copy of the backup codes for each account before you attempt to change your authenticator device. you may get a pop up to add a Personal Microsoft account click on ok. you dont actually have to add an account though. Q: How do I make Authenticator the default autofill provider on my phone? Unfortunately, I receive the notifications to the old phone. Open Microsoft Authenticator on your old phone, go to Settings, and enable cloud backups. This timer is the countdown to the verification code changing to the next code. For example, if you're recovering your personal Microsoft account, you must make sure you don't have a personal Microsoft account already set up in the authenticator app. Strong authentication is needed by Authenticator app: Signing into Authenticator requires a second step. Just turn on theScreen Capturesetting in Authenticator and restart the app. I tried to download the MS Authenticator App on my new phone but it's not showing any Approval Alert nor Authentication code. Can I continue authenticating using the app? Q: Why does the app request so many permissions? To remove an account from your old phone, open Microsoft Authenticator on it. Tryto re-enable faceID or fingerprint in the device settings andrestartthe device. Whenever I try to enter a MS service (e.g. Open the app, go toapps top-level menu, and then select Send feedback. You'll use these codes as single-use password to verify that you are who you say you are. Q: Do notifications work for non-Microsoft accounts? Join 425,000 subscribers and get a daily digest of news, geek trivia, and our feature articles. Finally, add the account again and turn authenticator backup back on again. Here, we suggest to try the following suggestions to see if it is working.1. By moving to Safari, the whole sign-in process happens in a single app, allowing you to sign in to the app successfully. In this situation, the account isn't used for two-step verification and shows up as gray or inactive. Try to remove the account in Authenticator and try again to see if there's any different. What are the steps? For example, if you're recovering your personal Microsoft account, you must make sure you don't have a personal Microsoft account already set up in the authenticator app. They also can contain device data such as device name and operating system version. The app requires this permission to search for work or school Microsoft accounts on your phone and add them to the app for you. You can recover your account credentials from your cloud account, but you must first make sure that the account you're recovering doesn't exist in the Microsoft Authenticator app. This does not sound like a problem specific to CSP Partners where this community is set up for, but more like a problem with a personal Microsoft Account outside of the scope of this forum. Please help.Thank you. You must both delete the app from your old device AND tell Microsoft or your organization to forget and unregister the old device. On iOS, Microsoft recommends allowing the app to access location always.