*In Canada, trademark(s) of the International Association of Better Business Bureaus, used under License. But you can tell its a scam because of what they do next: they ask you. Here are 8 tips for writing great reviews. We rely on consumers' feedback as well. Many users have reported difficulty accessing the website. Please email us at help@sweepstakesalerts.com so we can process your request.All the best!- The SweepstakesAlerts Team, And this is really my first experience with trying to win stuff online most of the stuff is fake but not this site it's a little tedious to do what they got to do to win but you actually win stuff and it's actually worth the time and the people there are very communicate very well and they're great people to talk to and deal with I'd give this site five stars all day and hopefully I win something thank you, Hi, Don. Share your experience with sweepstakesalerts.com by using the review/comment box at the bottom of this article. 12 min ago MGN WAUSAU - Police are advising people to be on the lookout for an insurance scam that's been circulating around Central Wisconsin. Therefore, it is recommended that along with the domain registration period, other attributes must also be checked to conclude the legitimacy of Sweepstakes Alert. Looking for more information? Enter to Win Disney Sweepstakes. This information is sometimes also included in the rules. WebCheck if sweepstakesalerts.com is a scam website or a legit website. You never have to pay to receive a legitimate Publisher Clearing House prize. Unfortunately, not all sweepstakes and contests are legitimate. BBB Business Profiles may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes. All links to Amazon should be considered affiliate links and the owner will receive a commission for each item purchased. Fraud. Dreams awaken the fountains guide, devinely timed for perfect ride.The day of gift will behold a key, to plant a seed of light to be. Here is why you should get it now: Awesome, right? A good way to check whether sweepstakes really come from reputable sponsors is to visit the company's main web page and see if it references the sweep. Most of the users reviews are positive, suggesting the legit stature of the website. Trendy aspects in the business popular Prizes sector were considered, too. After evaluating online, we found that Home Depot Opinion Survey Sweepstake is 100% legit as the store conducts such survey and choose a winner to reward them $5000 worth of gift cards. Airbnb hosts in Oregon are warning of a new scam happening on one of the most popular vacation websites saying that some guests could be using Airbnb and taking advantage of first-time homebuyers. 4. Millions of fraudulent job postings appear online and in newspapers, targeting applicants across the country. Your email address will not be published. It was tried and tested by our team. Guardio has over a million users and while it is affordable for the benefits it provides (only for a few bucks a month), it covers up to 5 family members. Make smart shopping decisions, know your rights, and solve problems when you shop or donate to charity. Legitimate sweepstakes and promotions never ask winners to pay anything before receiving a prize, and taxes are always paid directly to the IRS after receipt of winnings. This issue of non-disclosure also casts doubt on the websites authenticity. "A check was written out of my campaign account and sent to whatever the accounts were that wrote the checks," D'Esposito said. We spoke with experts to see what to look out for. For only $6.49/month you are getting get a powerful button that flushes your personal information from the Internet and enforces existing data privacy laws. Legitimate sweepstakes dont make you pay a fee to get your prize. Unfortunately, these scammers are thieves who have been using our name and logo, even copying our website in order to appear legitimate. Thank you, Kathy, for your 4-star review! It offers you effective protection from viruses and zero-day threats, a lightweight, clean, and easy-to-use app, and a 30-day money-back guarantee. Don't forget to visit us at SweepstakesAlerts.com today. Sorry, no results found for Lorem Ipsum. It goes against our guidelines to offer incentives for reviews. 2023 American Sweepstakes, All rights reserved. See Terms of Use. Where you DO NOT!! Have a prosperous 2023! Not having the SSL certificate is a critical flaw; its an open invitation for hackers to steal the sensitive information of users visiting the website. Feel free to share your experience in the comments so we can update the data if that's the case. Types of scams to be aware of We appreciate you investing the time to share your insight. Crooks use all your data without remorse. We do not conduct or operate any sweepstakes or lotteries. Some sweepstakes sites will just give you the creeps, even though you can't pinpoint exactly why. During the pandemic, a plethora of fraudulent websites came out like a plague. So, winner information can be obtained by reaching out to the sponsoring company.It's great to hear that you have won prizes from other sweepstakes. after validation collects your winning money. Keep checking your emails. Identity theft and fraud protection for your finances, personal info, and devices. All customer reviews are handled by the BBB where the company is Headquartered or a central customer review processing location. Labeled Verified, theyre about genuine experiences.Learn more about other kinds of reviews. Public Information Officer Here's how to know if a travel website selling, If you are an avid traveler, beware of the new TSA PreCheck Scam. sweepstakesalerts.com calls itself The premier website for finding new sweepstakes, prizes, and giveaways online! "A check was written out of my campaign account and sent to whatever the accounts were that wrote the checks," D'Esposito said. DO NOT SEND MONEY. In a scam, you don't give a scam artist back his own money." If you can't tell who the sponsor is or what they are promoting, you should be extremely wary of the sweepstakes. We love your patience and positivity! But now scammers are taking an extra step to try to convince you that their con job is real. | Website design by: We use cookies to understand how you use our site and to improve your experience. following rank: Here are a few things to know about sweepstakesalerts.com. Your email address will not be published. Legitimate companies run sweepstakes to promote their products, websites, or services. Its totally worth it. The amazing deals online promoted during the winter holidays taught us that there are several types of scam websites. See below. Check if Sweepstakesalerts.com is scam or legit. The SweepstakesAlert Team. Worry no further because we are here to take you out of your doubts so you can go on and have fun. Through partnerships, SweepstakesAlerts works with trusted brands in the sweepstakes industry to provide innovative prizes, 00. Check this: they hide your online searches, which means you will get only organic search results, without tracking and follow-up ads. Last but not least, Surfshark offers 76% off + two months free to the Scam Detector readers. There are many approaches to analyze and evaluate whether the Sweepstakes Alert is legit. We will update you on the coolest sweepstakes and contests ** Win great prizes at SweepstakesAlert.com ** I have been having an ongoing communication issues - majorsweeps, wishpond. there's nowhere to put it but there's not just one email I've had the expirience from Tom's emails it's all different date's so I put somewhere around the dates I started receiving them,on the bottom question. Through partnerships, SweepstakesAlerts works with trusted brands in the sweepstakes industry to provide innovative prizes, giveaways and sweepstakes. Other than this, theres no information on the site about whos behind this site. Sweepstakes sites need to collect personal information from you to be able to enter you into giveaways. Its totally worth it. However, you always need to pay attention to details and use common sense when engaging in online transactions of any kind. Some legitimate sponsors create separate websites to promote their giveaways, but they should make it clear who is hosting the giveaway and why. The Marathon County Sheriffs Office has received multiple reports of individuals going door to door asking residents if they are interested in purchasing heart attack or stroke insurance. Copyright 2023 USPIS. Read USPIS NEWS for latest news stories, scam articles, press releases and wanted posters. The algorithm came up with the 76.4 rank by intelligently aggregating 50 relevant factors. For only $6.49/month you are getting get a powerful button that flushes your personal information from the Internet and enforces existing data privacy laws. There are complainers for everything - including for sweepstakesalerts.com - but it We wish you the best of luck! Well it was the way Tom reached out to me ,it gave me the determination to keep going till the. WebOver the past few years, The National Sweepstakes Company has advised consumers not to fall prey to these frauds. WebIn some lottery and sweepstakes scams, con artists pretend to be government officials. Well I have not won anything in my whole life so I'm hoping to see this blessing come true Amen. The Rank of the website you are interested in is: The rank is based on a 1-100 scale, with 100 being the most reputable. We wish you luck! Scammers say theyre from the government when theyre not. The Scam Detectors algorithm gives this business the A good privacy policy tells you why the company needs the information that they collect from you and what they'll do with it. Scammers try to look official. Sweepstakes scammers can contact you via the mail, Internet, and the phone with promises of a prize such as a car, a vacation, or a large sum of money. Can You Get to the Sweepstakes From the Sponsor's Website? You should be sure to read through the privacy policy, especially if you have a "bad feeling" about the sweepstakes' website. One of those scams was 8 Figure Dream Lifestyle, which touted a proven business model and told Scammers are calling people and using the names of two companies everyone knows, Apple and Amazon, to rip people off. The $3.8 billion figure is nearly double what was lost in 2021. I just hope that I'm one of the lucky winners. WebSweepstakesalerts.com. BBB asks third parties who publish complaints, reviews and/or responses on this website to affirm that the information provided is accurate. Which currently I HAVE NOT! Is to grow and really respect others as we all try to achieve our goals. WebBe alert for phone and email scams from individuals that could be impersonating a loved one. Social Security impostor scams are among the most reported scams each year and criminals are already seeking to use the COLA boost to Sweepstakes scammers can contact you via the mail, Internet, and the phone with promises of a prize It specifies they'll store your information, whether they'll share it with any partner companies, and how they'll keep it safe. Anyone can write a Trustpilot review. We're sorry that your experience wasn't favorable.We have checked our system and found out that you aren't a winner yet. Verification can help ensure real people write reviews about real companies. Credit: Screenshot/Facebook Feel free to email us at contact@sweepstakesalerts.com if you have other concerns.- SweepstakesAlerts Team. Spammers want to get your personal information, too, so it's natural that they try to imitate sweepstakes. Standard. But the main important fact that set it apart from all other experiences was that I never gave up ! If you really win a PCH prize hundreds are awarded each year, ranging from $10 to that 1-in-1.2 billion shot at One minute I felt like I was on top of the world but on other hand it felt as if I was defeated. Start with Money Matters, As prices rise, keep an eye out for scammers, Fake Prize, Sweepstakes, and Lottery Scams. Morning Call Watchdog warns about phone, email and mail scams, including a new one targeting cable customers BBB reports on known marketplace practices. 2. Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about Jan 16 2023 at 12:00 AM and Feb 16, 2023, at 11:59 PM. It automatically blocks 100x more harmful websites than competitors and 10x more malicious downloads than any other security tool. In the final verdict, the most determining factors were consumers feedback, mentions on social media addressing customer service quality, and domain age. However, they should never require that you enter financialinformation such as a credit card number, bank account number, or social security number in order to enter to win. If this sounds familiar or if you have any questions then please call or email us. Telephone: 360-486 Please see below for examples of prominent fraudulent emails, texts, and posts that are currently circulating. But, Recently, someone showed up at the door of the FTC to ask about his prize. Brian Roche. Companies can ask for reviews via automatic invitations. Most sweepstakes are run by legitimate companies that really give you the chance to win attractive prizes simply for entering. You get a call, email, or letter saying you won a sweepstakes, lottery, or prize like an iPad, a new car, or something else. Now pay us is always a scam. We're sad that you no longer want to receive emails from us. Looking for alternatives for your holiday shopping? Required fields are marked *. Thank you, Lenora for your review! Fair. Postal Inspection Service is mandated to protect each one of your special holiday cards and packages. Wow, that is an amazing write up! You can reach us at help@sweepstakesalerts.com anytime.All the best! When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. Washington State Gambling Commission They are 100% legitimate platforms, but occasional hiccups and errors always happen. Sitemap. What "No Purchase to Enter or Win" Means in Sweepstakes, What AMOE Means and Why Sweepstakes Use Them, Tweet to Win: How to Enter and Win Twitter Sweepstakes. Wanna know how to easily spot the red flags? Of course, just having a privacy policy doesn't mean a giveaway is legit. Domain age, Alexa rank, HTTPS valid, Blacklisting, SSL certificates, Source code, Location, IP address, WOT Trustworthiness, Spam reports, Advanced technology, Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, Contact options, how to remove their information from the Internet, How to Tell If An Online Transaction Is Safe, 7 Surefire Ways to Spot if a Website is Safe to Use, How To Remove Your Personal Information From The Internet, How To Tell If Someone Is Scamming You Online. Check out our featured prizes on SweepstakesAlerts.com. WebWe do not make such requests. No legitimate contest, sweepstakes or lottery, in fact, ever asks for an advance fee to claim winnings. Sweepstakes scams send you a large check with your win notice. We appreciate your dedication to entering our prize giveaways. You should avoid sweepstakes that have no rules whatsoever. If you were a little too jolly with your holiday spending, here are some tips to help you pay down your credit card debt. The documents include fabricated letters from various institutions such as Nevada Gaming Control Board, New York State Gaming Commission, Bank of America, and others. Many claim Sandra Grauschopf has been working in the contests industry since 2002. If one goes back in the timeline of the Sweepstakes alert, it is apparent that the websites domain name was registered many years ago. You get a card, call, or email telling you that you won! Ironically, the trendier a website becomes - whether it is from the same Prizes industry or not - the more complaints it gets. sweepsadvantage.com. Its simple. He had a mailing saying hed won $5 million and the FTC had certified and verified it. Winners are losers in lottery & sweepstakes scams. Legitimate sweepstakes sites have rulesthat govern their contests, and they make those rulesclearly available to their entrants. But heres, Who wouldnt love to be that winner you see on TV holding a great big sweepstakes check? All the suspicious sites that Guardio blocks are mostly encountered by you when clicking on unknown links in emails, social media scams, popups, and ads. Every time you visit a simple site and accept cookies, consent to their forms, or download an app, unscrupulous data brokers collect not just your phone number, name, AND address. Share In March, the Washington State Gambling Commission was notified about a sweepstakes/lottery scheme. Find out how we combat fake reviews. Go to the nearest outlet, present your ticket and wait for the validation. The letter told him to act, You get a card, call, or email telling you that you won! Keep checking your emails because the more you enter, the greater your chance to win. WebThey are 100% legitimate platforms, but occasional hiccups and errors always happen. If a company seems to be trying to get money from you, stay away. Lottery scams and sweepstakes scams have been around for decades. But, the winner text message sent to the shoppers is a The site is secure. That would be fantastic. And as we work to, With the cost of groceries, housing, and many other things rising, you might be looking for ways to cut costs. - The SweepstakesAlerts Team, I love it Make it easy like that how great this is I know. Watch to learn more about sweepstakes fraud. Well, your personal data is used by buyers for changing your financial rates, sending you spam emails and targeted advertisements and to blast you with telemarketing calls. Don't forget to check out our featured prizes on SweepstakesAlerts.com, I have been playing for almost 1 year I have enjoyed the experience that I had with each game I played Thank You Sweepstakes . They may say that you won a federally supervised lottery or sweepstakes, but you have to pay taxes or a fee to get your money. Another factor that seemed important was the sweepstakesalerts.com 's DA, which is the Domain name Authority. Fake calls from Apple and Amazon support: What you need to know, The Google Voice scam: How this verification code scam works and how to avoid it, Show/hide Shopping and Donating menu items, Show/hide Credit, Loans, and Debt menu items, Show/hide Jobs and Making Money menu items, Money-Making Opportunities and Investments, Show/hide Unwanted Calls, Emails, and Texts menu items, Show/hide Identity Theft and Online Security menu items, Need help spotting, avoiding, and reporting scams? If youve been asked to send money and/or pay taxes in order to claim a prize, YOU ARE BEING SCAMMED. You made too many requests in 1 hour, we show captcha now: WebConsumer & Fraud Alert American Sweepstakes Company is a nationally recognized third-party administrator of sweepstakes and contests for companies and agencies. When you enter those sweepstakes, you don't have much protection that the giveaway will be run fairly. You can file a complaint with the Federal Trade Commission online atwww.ftc.govor by calling them at1-877-382-4357. For the legit winner, write your name and attach the signature to the back of the winning ticket and prepare two (2) valid IDs for verification. What to do about unwanted calls, emails, and text messages that can be annoying, might be illegal, and are probably scams. It also. Youve won! Does the Sweepstakes Ask for Reasonable Information? By asking these seven questions before you enter giveaways, you can help avoid scam sweepstakes and enter only those giveaway where you have a legitimate chance of winning. The feedback you share will help us improve our performance. How to protect your personal information and privacy, stay safe online, and help your kids do the same. 1) Review of Company: the identity of the Sweepstakes websites owner is crucial, and it is to be checked whether it has been mentioned or not. It's fun there's great games and prize entries I just wish that the emails were more clear on instructions for letting someone know if they won or not and not just run someone in a huge circle and make them take a survey to see if they won and then get no definitive answer. Many readers here have asked us how to remove their information from the Internet. Every day, people just like you tell the FTC what theyve spotted, and maybe even lost money to. Don't forget to check out our featured prizes on SweepstakesAlerts.com, Sweepstakes alerts gave me confidence that I would win one day soon & I love playing there sweepstakes there fun & easy to play. If you think you're entering a giveaway from a big company whose rules don't appear to be checked by their legal department, that's a bad sign. But some target older adults specifically or affect them disproportionately. Lottery scams and sweepstakes scams have been around for decades. Try entering fewer or broader search terms. Me and my wife really use it and make 2023 better than 2022. The individual stated they were given names, addresses, and phone numbers to utilize when claiming their winnings. Kevin.McCarty@wsgc.wa.gov. Sweepstakes or lottery You hear by phone, m Whether you like it or not, unfortunately the Internet has all your personal information stored. How can you tell the difference between a legitimate giveaway and a site that's trying to steal your personal information? We absolutely know how you feel and it can totally happen!It's truly great when you get a chance to win a major giveaway. If theres one constant among scammers, its that theyre always coming up with new schemes, like the Google Voice verification scam. She is a passionate sweeper, with tens of thousands of dollars worth of prize wins to her name, and she has been sharing advice about how to be a winner for over a decade.