Thank you so much! Press the down arrow key to interact with the calendar and I had my heart set on Valentin, but now I'm considering that maybe the 50/person per day at excellence might be worth it. Thoughts, feedback, tips on either resort? just how much you love them. We really want a great beach and lots of activities! If you are ready to experience an even higher level of luxury, Privilege Club is for you. Experience gourmet cuisine at our ten international restaurants. For some people, that's a deal-breaker; others couldn't care less. We have now been to both and feel like we didnt get the full experience of EDR due to a missed day/cancelled (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? My only big complaints about VIM is the beach set up is more active (volleyball court right in front of the beach chairs and snorkel boats anchored right out front in the ocean) rather than just a clear ocean view with a quiet spot (you can get a quiet spot out of the way of the action- but it is a longer walk in the sand). Thanks! Our priorities are food (love a good buffet breakfast/also outdoor dining !) Both resorts are great (based on what I have read about ERC) so I don't think you can really go wrong with either. If it's towards the deal-breaker end, it's worth noting that VIM has no other resorts immediately adjacent, so the beach there is about as private and kid-free as you can get. on the beach, you will see and hear kids on the beach. Valentin Imperial vs. Departure Tax: Do I have to pay to leave Cancun? This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in New Zealand. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. El Dorado Royale vs Valentin Imperial Maya, Re: El Dorado Royale vs Valentin Imperial Maya, Get answers to your questions about Riviera Maya, Must See and Do Activities and Excursions. Hyatt Ziva Cancun or Paradisus Cancun with toddler? Thank you so much! We love both the beach and the pool. I've been to the VIM five times and although I've never stayed at ERC, I did stay at the (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? To use our mobile site, please enable JavaScript. I agree with most of the above. We are really looking for a good beach, decent food, and a fun, entertaining atmosphere while also having the option to relax. Enjoy a better room location, access to an exclusive lounge, special concierge service and other upgraded amenities. Bottle of sparkling wine in room upon arrival, Fruit platter & petits fours once per stay, Tailored made minibar: guest selection of premium drinks out of the Privilege Menu, Lobster included at any of the la carte restaurants, Restaurant reservations through the Privilege Club Concierge if desired, Reserved bali beds under guests name at pool or beach. Pre Arrival Concierge services at privilege.vim @ valentinmaya.com. Then, delve into the depths of the Mayan underworld with a cenote swim and visit a traditional Maya village for lunch. I presently have reservations at both. My husband and I are booking a trip in June. I am not sure what kind of upselling you're referring to. VIM is a bit more lively (more groups- not just couples), but we found our relaxation easily. It's an option but it's simply offered on a separate menu with no push at all. Ocean views, separate living and dining room, kitchen, outdoor jacuzzi, and Excellence Club amenities, and our most exclusive services, Air conditioning with in-suite climate control, Full marble bathroom including a jetted whirlpool bathtub, a separate shower, a separate water closet, and double vanities equipped with hair dryer, scale, vanity mirror, and toiletries, Complimentary laundry services during your stay, Direct-dial phone with free calls to the USA and Canada, Barman service in your suite (one per stay and must be scheduled with concierge 24 hours in advance), Private wine cellar dinner (must be booked through concierge), Minibar stocked with beer, juices, soft drinks, water, and snacks included in your stay, Unlimited access to Aqua Wellness spa circuit during your stay, Bathrobes & slippers for use during your stay, Free airport transfer to and from Cancun International Airport, Day pass to Excellence Playa Mujeres with transportation included (must be booked through concierge), Butler service for luggage unpacking and packing, One special jacuzzi decoration per stay (must be booked through concierge), One Aqua hydrotherapy treatment per person per stay *Unlimited hydrotherapy access for Imperial Suite guests, Fresh flowers and sparkling wine in suite upon arrival, Access to private Excellence Club lounge (7:00 am to 11:00 pm) with concierge service, smart buffets, and bar service, Complimentary beach bag for use during your stay, Private concierge service (7:00 am to 11:00 pm), Private check-in & check-out / Late check-out & early check-in (subject to availability), Upgraded in-suite premium liquor and wine bottle selection. With respect to Duckbilled, I don't think the "caste system" is that obvious at the VIM. We liked the rooms at VIM more (Golden swim up at VIM vs a jr swim up at ERC). I liked Valentin overall better. Too dark and murky at ERC. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-105898246', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya offers you a unique experience thanks to our Privilege Club. Food and drink are about same quality at both. About Press Copyright Contact us Creators Advertise Developers Terms Privacy Policy & Safety How YouTube works Test new features NFL Sunday Ticket Press Copyright . Then, delve into the depths of the Mayan . Cancun Traveler Articles: Written by Travelers, Travelling to Cancun/Riviera Maya with a criminal record, WEATHER & June thru November - Hurricane Season Information, taxi or airport transfer to location near the airport, Adults only resort for couples and singles, Sunset World Resorts (Ultimate Loyalty Program) - FRAUD. I think that the Excellence brand is one of the best when it comes to all-inclusive resorts in Cancun and the Riviera Maya in Mexico. I don't know where on that spectrum the OP falls. While there have been improvements/changes at both properties, I think my assessment is still pretty accurate. The merits of the PP have been widely discussed on these forums and it's pretty much universally agreed that the only privilege worth having is a reserved Bali bed at either the pool or the beach. Valentin will be cheaper. We can't decide between VIM and ERC. I was there in 2012 - so way before the sargassum infestations of 2018 and a year or so before that. See all. ERC has Excellence Club and VIM has Privileged (I think) level rooms. Best all inclusive for family (teens) Palace, Iberostar?? Cancun Traveler Articles: Written by Travelers, Travelling to Cancun/Riviera Maya with a criminal record, WEATHER & June thru November - Hurricane Season Information, taxi or airport transfer to location near the airport, Adults only resort for couples and singles, Sunset World Resorts (Ultimate Loyalty Program) - FRAUD. The VIM is also known to be a more active resort - lots of things to do, large grounds to explore, and events at the beaches and pools so if you want the option to stay busy, VIM might be a better option. more. I did not realize EDR required dinner reservations. We preferred ERC smaller footprint, but building 5 at VIM didn't make anything feel to far away. Tell us what you are looking for. For all the options at night, VIM wins hands down and the ocean swimming is way better at VIM than ERC. If the VIM's cheaper, then I'd go there. ERC is very nice but the ocean water is not clear blue like at Valentin. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Both resorts are great (based on what I have read about ERC) so I don't think you can really go wrong with either. For a honeymoon ERC is a great option, but their beach makes it a deal breaker for me. I've been to both and loved both! However we normally spend most of our time at the pool. All guests staying at Excellence Riviera Cancun and Excellence Playa Mujeres will enjoy 24-hour all-inclusive service, which includes: special welcome cocktail and cool towel; full breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks each day; a la carte, buffet, snack grill/takeaway bars, and formal dining options with no reservations required; unlimited See our bars & lounges VIM is beautiful water (although rough at times with red flags). Snacks from 05:00 pm to 07:00 pm. Riviera Maya Tourism Riviera Maya Hotels Riviera Maya Bed and Breakfast Riviera Maya Vacation Rentals Riviera Maya Vacation Packages Flights to Riviera Maya Riviera Maya Restaurants Things to Do in Riviera Maya Riviera Maya Travel Forum Riviera Maya Photos Riviera Maya Map Riviera Maya Travel Guide All Riviera Maya Hotels; Riviera Maya Hotel Deals If you mean time share, also no. We love both the beach and the pool. For an extra fee (or if you book the right room level) you get certain perks. With Privilege Club you will enjoy an exclusive and personalized service by our staff and will relax in the best rooms at the hotel with all the comforts. Alternatively, you may use. ERC was a few years old. Excellence Riviera Cancun, Get answers to your questions about Cancun, Cancun Restaurant Trip Advisor Listing and Ratings, Bus, Taxi or Private Driver: Getting around Cancun, Airport Arrival, immigration limits,and hotel tranportation, Replacing a lost immigration form (tourist card). I have been to VIM three times. The major draw for us to VIM over ERC is the ocean/beach. I would not return to ERC, but will most definitely return to VIM. Cost is US$65.00 Per person per night, unless you book a Diamond or Imperial suite, in which case, I believe the PP is included. If the price were the same, I'd try ERC simply because it's my understanding that it's a notch up from the VIM and I'd like to try somewhere new. Thinking of choosing Valentin imperial maya or excellence riviera cancun. Members who are extremely knowledgeable about this destination and answer travellers questions frequently. During your vacation at our resort you'll enjoy spacious green areas, luxurious Mexican hacienda . If the price were the same, I'd try ERC simply because it's my understanding that it's a notch up from the VIM and I'd like to try somewhere new. We have been to both. Share what you are looking for, and what is/are dealbreakers for you, and people can point you in the right direction. Some like the PP because it allows you to make dinner reservations. Pros to VIM: very lush and tropical,nice beach. Alternatively, you may use, Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun All Inclusive, Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive. I agree with most of the above. Priorities are nice beach and swim able ocean, good food (dress code not a concern), activities, relaxing, night time entertainment would be a plus! De aan hem gewijde piramide domineert het complex. Can you clarify by what you mean when you say a la Carte breakfast/lunch? Press the question mark key to get the keyboard shortcuts for changing dates. Try again. We are planning our honeymoon for August and have narrowed it down between two resorts, (ta && ta.queueForLoad ? But to ensure you get the most of what you are looking for, as Darlene said, you should share what is most important to you. Although only ERC guests can use the ERC loungers etc. With respect to Duckbilled, I don't think the "caste system" is that obvious at the VIM. For some people, that's a deal-breaker; others couldn't care less. I think the rooms were refreshed at ERC a few years ago. Another thing about the beach - at ERC, on that fabulous stretch of beach, it's resort after resort after resort and the ERC is sandwiched between two family friendly resorts - NOW Sapphire and Dreams. However, they can't do anything about what's floating in the first six feet or so of water. ERC is not the stunning pretty water (and in the midst of seaweed explosion not sure how nice the beach/water would be as even on it's best day to me it was so/so). It admittedly isn't the best. We really want a great beach and lots of activities! For example, when my wife and I were looking, the "deal breakers" for us was a nice beach (we don't hang out by pool, beach was very important) and no dinner reservations (some people love them, my wife refuses to go if they require them), and for me, I wanted beach volleyball as I get restless laying for 12 straight hours, and they have great games twice a day.