But the material in this section will guide you through the process, and you'll see that it's not all that hard. BpN.wrC2{.1714I5|\n~T>jv E%mT,/sVC~'O7x`,S Zf@+,EB@c,Uva:l%;0-s12*O>FO#5[jfOt>+DaF0op;7|iib++qF\ )0S 7/ It has been my lifes work, and I have worked in situations of great poverty. Secondly, I just want to ask you about the relationship between the World Bank and emerging economies. endobj Good afternoon. We face big challenges to help the worlds poorest people and ensure that everyone sees benefits from economic growth. We will go through these, step by step: To the extent that you can, make personal contact with representatives at least of the major media outlets represented. In addition to the press conference participants, you will need to find a moderator who is experienced with the press and the issue. For an example of a press advisory, see the Tools section. Write down the 10-second pitch for the event and then write to address the high points that support that summary. Have the moderator welcome the press, and introduce the issue and participants. So there isn'tI can't give you a, a, a set of numbersfor example, a numerical threshold like we used for a time back in 2012, I guess it was. So, for example, we were at Sendai yesterday, and what I saw was a country that had faced just enormous tragedy, and the commitment of the . More than 25 million automobiles on the road today are equipped with HARMAN technology solutions. Transcript of Chair Powell's Press Conference July 28, 2021 . Welcome Speech for International Conference ipres-conference.org Details File Format PDF Size: 29 KB Download 3. You have clicked on a link to a page that is not part of the beta version of the new worldbank.org. Just minutes after Alex Murdaugh was convicted for the murders of his wife and son, his former law firm released a statement. Same rich JBL Pro Sound performance. We will work together to integrate Baidus DuerOS-based personal digital assistant and voice recognition engine technologies with HARMANs connected car and cloud platforms. When there is an emergency or crisis centered around your group or the issues it deals with. UQX(QQ(z -}Ji*xR}<9xCW\Z$P[ ,9exhmZK u?^~gXYcxC ;_w4/eGByB:o27JQ2Se^YI|;mAjZzmX/),iIM,\js@*>twvM~9}z;J2p:/*aLTjo&YDmwmcEKrI Wopa=UP}v Event planners are the unsung heroes of events, and tend to get noticed only when something goes wrong. Check out our custom workshops, executive training options, and one-on-one personalized training. Also, follow up a second time the morning of the press conference. Minor thing, yes. Hi Marty. You know, the biggest issue for us is that increasing food prices often push the poorest families to having to make terrible choices--either feed my children or send the girls to school--and you have to choose between one and the other.So, through the provision of budget support-type loans and grants, and also through our emergency facility, we provide direct access to resources to purchase food. You might write, for example: "After addressing the challenges of his re-election bid, Cunningham shed some light on a number of vexing city issues, including:" Tip Strategically position yourself at the news conference. If you do have lead time, however, you and your group will want to start planning at least a week or two before the press conference is to take place. Last modified on September 2, 2014 by Brad Phillips, Media Training Workshops Customized For Your Needs, Public Speaking Workshops Customized For You, Executive Presentation Training Workshops, A Guide to Presentation Training Companies. Also, since its such a big call, your introduction should also cover relevant details at the start of the call, such as your legal disclosures, guidance about recording the calls, safe harbor statements, or your privacy policies. This is a win-win alliance, which will provide HARMAN with great potential for further exploring the China market and continuing to serve customers in China. Early in the press conference, the Chief said that, We are striving for unprecedented transparency in this incident. He lived up that pledge, giving an extended opening statement filled with specific detail and answering every question directly. %PDF-1.7 Ethical business practices through our operations, We seek strategic partners that share our values those who exemplify integrity, innovation and excellence. So, you may know what press conferences look like, in general. Imagine a flock of media reporters coming to an event that you have organized. We could not be more thrilled at the opportunities that lie ahead for HARMAN together with Samsung in China and around the world, and are excited to celebrate the amazing automotive technologies we are announcing and the synergy of our newly combined organization that will create significant growth opportunities and deliver greater benefits for our customers. We learned a lesson from the Grameen Bank decades ago, that providing loans to women made the programs work. Thank you. A successful conference call comes from an effective structure of your calls and thorough preparation. Here are some other tips for scheduling your press conference: Make sure you pick a location for the press conference that has adequate parking and is not too far away for reporters to travel. HARMAN plays a unique and critical role in this area, as we are the trusted advisor and technology partner to the worlds automakers in all areas related to the connected car and the in-car experience. Developing Creative Promotions, Section 15. We recently appointed Jin-Yong Cai from China to be the head of our International Finance Company, our International Finance Corporation, IFC, our private sector wing; and we just recently appointed the distinguished scholar, Mr. Kaushik Basu, from India, who just finished his work as the Chief Financial Advisor to the Prime Minister of India. As as the emcee, you're perfectly positioned to deliver it by inciting a round of applause from your audience. With 189 member countries, staff from more than 170 countries, and offices in over 130 locations, the World Bank Group is a unique global partnership: five institutions working for sustainable solutions that reduce poverty and build shared prosperity in developing countries. A press kit is a folder of information to give reporters background information about your issue or program. 1994-2023The University of Kansas. HARMANs business in China is rapidly approaching $1B US dollars in revenue. These customer wins represent HARMANs true global reach in providing both innovative connected car solutions, and bold audio systems that lead the industry. Preamble Welcome. Will you take two minutes to complete a brief survey that will help us to improve our website? 1. Conference Facilitator's Script, revised 11/24/2020 1 Conference Facilitator's Script 1. But here are some cases when a press conference might be a good idea: As weve discussed, you may have to schedule a press conference on short notice. Ni Hao! All Rights Reserved. Mmes performances JBL Pro Sound riches. That's an intrinsic benefit that is inherent in the nature of the experience itself. Above video: Reactions pour in following Murdaugh verdict. It's my pleasure to be a moderator for this press conference. Welcome members of the press as they arrive. . Improve your public speaking and media interviewing skillsand enhance your careerby signing up below. Learn how to plan and execute a successful press conference to share your message and gain support from the community. Given the large scale of Chinas economy and the world is still suffering in the crisis, in your view, how long do you expect the transition progress to take, and what challenge do you expect China to face during this transition? An ultimate step forward in HARMANs effort to lead the industry when it comes to evolving the users in-car experience. When many media representatives are present, it makes your conference seem really newsworthy -- the media presence itself adds to the importance. A dress rehearsal is very helpful in training new participants, and a good time to try to anticipate tough or hostile questions. So, what we are going to do is we are going to bring the breadth of our experience. Before we dive deeper into the sample call scripts, here is the structure that most conference calls should have: Having a clear structure of how the conference call will proceed will help you and your audience set an expectation of what to expect. Please allow me to introduce: President and Chief Executive Office of HARMAN International Dinesh Paliwal. Provide enough seating in the room for reporters, and enough room for their supporting equipment (e.g., cameras, microphone). There are going to be changes that we simply have to face up to. Select and train the participants. Today, we have the very top leadership team of HARMAN to attend this press conference. I think we simply must do it. We didn't do that here . from Future TV Lebanon. Have coffee, tea,water, and any other refreshments set up. Flesh out the main ideas in your outline. I have worked in Haiti since about 1988. Now, as a person trained in science, that is an almost frightening amount of unanimity. Now, it is not--I am not going to just give you the Doomsday picture. And there were really important insights. The younger guy also did not seem comfortable and didnt instill much confidence. So, clearly, they are making financing work within them by using their own currency, not by using the advanced economies currency. Global data and statistics, research and publications, and topics in poverty and development. So the Japanese Government is working with the World Bank to try to find ways of improving prevention, that our buildings--not building buildings in flood plains. He also set the rules up front, asking reporters to identify themselves, instructing them to speak loudly enough for the microphones to pick up their questions, and letting them know he intended to begin with local reporters. The first step in contacting the media is to create a comprehensive mailing list of assignment editors at television stations, news directors at radio stations, and at major newspapers, and editors at weekly newspapers. Thank you all for attending. They may have paid thousands of dollars and traveled far to attend the event and are losing valuable work time. First, this is a country that is about 40 percent of the West African economy. Holding a successful press conference can generate news about your cause and awareness about your project. If written correctly, a press release can reach your target audience, bring in new customers, and drive user engagement. If you feel that a participant is deviating, dont panic. The economic announcements emanating in recent weeks have been sobering. Its my great honor to introduce them to you: President and Chief Executive Officer of HARMAN, Mr. Dinesh Paliwal. You can often generate the kind of notice or publicity a spot on the 6:00 TV news, for instance that youd otherwise have to pay a large amount for. &@/M"!No%kpO`:5'GWEn43G Background information about the issue (i.e., statistics, historical background, case histories, or reprints of news stories). So, for example, we were at Sendai yesterday, and what I saw was a country that had faced just enormous tragedy, and the commitment of the government was that: In the context of our tragedy, we are going to do everything we can to help other countries, especially poor developing countries, get better at managing risk, and the focus is on several things. Here in China, we are working with you to identify your needs which lead to the development of new technologies to solve and address challenges in the auto industry in this market. Fast-paced, fun, and highly effective media and public speaking training designed to make a lasting impact on your professional communication. They may not purchase your product, but they can write . You and your group will need to determine a date and time for the press conference, and make sure it doesn't conflict with other press events or media deadlines. Press releases, interviews, and informal media contacts are excellent ways of getting your message across. DR. KIM: Well, right now, China, like just about every economy in the world, is facing particular challenges. 8:00 am Good morning everyone. Our R&D center here in Shanghai is one of HARMANs global centers of excellence, where innovation is directed not only at our local customers, but is also brought to the worlds automakers from our talented engineers and designers based here. July 28, 2021 Chair Powell's Press Conference FINAL . Press kits are very useful, if your group can afford it. The moderator also answers questions or directs them to the appropriate participants. endobj 9+ Welcome Speech for Conference Examples 1. What is the scenario of food prices, and how is Latin America exposed to the situation? I think there are tremendously exciting possibilities of what it would look like to live in a very low-carbon world, and we simply have to find those opportunities, and we have to encourage the best and brightest companies and countries to seize that opportunity and seize their--and understand that their path to economic growth could very well be engaging in finding new technologies and new approaches of mitigating climate change. And developing countries, which have been the engine of growth, will not be immune to the increased uncertainty in the global economy. DR. KIM: I think this meeting is a very good example of the kind of very effective cooperation that the World Bank can have with Japan. I would like to ask what strategy and programs does the World Bank have for supporting post-conflict countries that are emerging from conflicts in Sub-Saharan Africa, especially countries like Somalia, Ivory Coast, the Democratic Republic of Congo. I have met with officials from Myanmar around the UN General Assembly meetings, and I have to say that, like so many others, I am very encouraged by the reforms that have been taking place in Myanmar. If a press kit is beyond your budget, a press advisory will do. ACk(# Simply acknowledge everyone on the call and introduce the key speakers (if applicable). Great nations like Japan take tragedy and share lessons learned with others. 1. 8 Conference Call Script Samples That Actually Work March 1, 2022 These Conference Call Script Samples Actually Work Conference calls can be chaotic and awkward but not with the right preparation! Youll most likely want to follow up with a phone call, email, fax, or memo to get feedback on the call, share relevant details that you promised during the call, or confirm the decisions made and actions to be taken after the call. The Grantsmanship Center. Anchor 2: Thank you, _____ (name of the reporter).Moving onto the national news. 1 0 obj The combination of our two companies also accelerates innovation and synergy across all of HARMANs business by leveraging Samsungs global scale, R&D, distribution channels and HARMANs deep technical and engineering expertise. Their presence signifies that HARMANs global management team attaches great importance to the China market, and has tremendous confidence in China. Feel free to crack a joke or tell a story. And you can get some sense of the nature of my commitment to the BRICS countries by looking at some recent appointments. DR. KIM: Yes. Chief Schmaderers tone-perfect performance gave meand likely many other peopleconfidence that hes the right person to lead this investigation professionally. <>/ExtGState<>/XObject<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text/ImageB/ImageC/ImageI] >>/MediaBox[ 0 0 612 792] /Contents 4 0 R/Group<>/Tabs/S/StructParents 0>> Itll be even better if you prepare some slides for your audience. So, for us, the task is urgent in the sense that we have to find ways of boosting economic growth. QUESTION: Thank you. Wallack, L.(1993) Media advocacy and public health. He or she will be in charge of convening the press conference by introducing the issue and participants. And as a scientist, I feel that it is my moral responsibility to be very clear in communicating the dangers of climate change. Also, pick a site that provides visual interest and relationship to each topic--such as the state capitol building, city courthouse, or a local clinic or other site where the activities youre talking about are actually going on. Dear media friends, good afternoon! So I have shared with the development world deep frustration over our relative inability to lift fragile and conflict-affected states out of fragility. Washington, DC: League of Women Voters. Together, we will create smart automotive features including automatic speech recognition in English and Mandarin, natural language processing and speech synthesis. If we take Shakespeare, for example, reading Shakespeare provides you insight into the human condition. Lets take a look at 8 conference call script samples to help you steer your next conference call like a professional. On the evening news theres a short television clip of a speaker surrounded by a crowd of reporters asking questions. Let me address a couple of questions more generally. They are the bread and butter of your media relations, and often of your entire outreach effort. But what exactly is a press conference? Good afternoon, distinguished guests, dear media friends, welcome to the HARMAN press conference! Welcome to the [Insert name of Event] I'm the [insert FIRST Tech Challenge title here] and my name is _____. So we are aggressively searching for ways for us to be ever more effective at working in fragile and conflict-affected states. MR. MILLS: Good morning, everyone. 2022-2023 Opening Ceremony Script Updated 9/20/22 Speaker Dialogue Blocking Notes Affiliate Partner or Event Director Good morning [Insert name of Locale]! I'm calling in with Jimmy Wayne, Susan Francis, and Lou Denver. So it is an ideal relationship in the sense that Japan continues to be a very generous donor, but what we are very excited about is the fact that specific areas where they have special expertise, we are going to help them spread those lessons to the rest of the world. He Struck The Perfect Emotional Tone Chief Schmaderer spoke in human terms throughout the press conference, saying, "It's as if we lost one of our ownthe tears and the hugs that I got when I got to the hospital, I could feel the pain of the officers." Topics may arise that you did not plan for, participants might argue, or two or three people talk over each other. You can give more information than in a press release. HARMAN has had a strong partnership with Baidu since 2015, when we launched CarLife, a vehicle networking solution that offers advanced Internet capabilities, entertainment features and location-based services on HARMAN's in-vehicle infotainment head units designed for the Chinese market. Before you leave, wed love to get your feedback on your experience while you were here. And in this particular case in Cote dIvoire, it was the cooperation of the government and our groups--both the World Bank itself, IBRD/IDA, and the International Finance Corporation, our private sector group--to provide the kind of training and create an environment in which small and medium enterprises can grow, in which smallholder farmers can get access to global markets. 1. I have a three-year-old son, and when I really dug into the data, when my three-year-old son is my age, he could possibly be living in a completely different world than we are living in today. PR pro Dave Statter, who writes the excellent STATter911 blog (and wrote about this story first), called this one of the most effective and timely presentations following a police involved shooting Ive witnessed. Hes right. Add your own phone numbers, or purchase one from us. You can set the record straight if your group received negative publicity. Thank you. As you can tell by what we just covered, innovation and collaboration are at HARMANs core which is why HARMANs acquisition by Samsung made sense not only for our shareholders but for our customers from automakers to end-consumers. It would inject money into the system. Leaders who are great at the behind the scenes portion of their jobsbut who are not great public communicatorsmay be perceived as lousy leaders. We need to be more nimble and focused on delivery. darrin.shewchuk@harman.com. Thank you. For example, a suitable response to a tough or misguided question might be, "That's a good question, but it is not within the scope of this press conference. At this stage of your planning process, you probably won't want to have just anyone from your group participate in the press conference. Affiliate Partner or Event Director comes to stage. And for the sake of the people of Myanmar, I would simply encourage the Government to keep going in pushing forward important reforms. Chief Schmaderer, on the other hand, earned the benefit of the doubt and, as Dave Statter wrote, will ultimately have a positive impact on the reputation of the Omaha Police Department.. Darrin Shewchuk MR. MILLS: Yes, perhaps we could go to the back, to the gentleman--yes, you. Everyone is vulnerable during times of uncertainty, but especially the poor, who have few if any safety nets and resources and live from day to day. In this past month, HARMAN became a standalone subsidiary of Samsung Electronics. So the Japanese are rightfully very proud of their health care system which provides universal access to very high-quality care. And this is part of the work that we do. National News. Spelled N-A-M-E: The Mayor began the press conference by spelling his name for reporters and positioning himself correctly for the television cameras. HARMAN would also like to take this opportunity to communicate with media about its latest technology and business achievements in China. If you can have a short, pleasant conversation with these folks and make a good impression, theyll remember you when they need information or a story about your issue, and theyll respond when you contact them. Benard Kiplangat Content Writer Reading time: 5 minutes You may also want to make personal contact with major media representatives before or after the press conference. There are four basic ways you can write news stories from such multi-issue press conferences:write separate stories on each topic.write one big story covering all the topic, but with an intro on one angle.write one big story with a composite intro.write a composite story with subordinate stories. If we get to where people think we are going to get, we are going to lose the coral reefs, the fisheries will change fundamentally, the water will rise. President Kim. Stylish, sustainable, and supremely acoustically engineered, the new Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 8 represents the lgante, durable et dote d'une qualit audio exceptionnelle, la nouvelle Onyx Studio 8 Harman Kardon reprsente Elegante, sostenible y con una ingeniera acstica extraordinaria, el nuevo Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 8 representa la Be immersed in 3D surround sound with JBLs latest soundbar launches, including the feature-packed JBL Bar 1000. The two portable favourites from JBL now Nouveau design innovant et respectueux de l'environnement. Thanks to our consolidated manufacturing, innovation, and service networks, HARMAN is now well positioned to address the growing demands of the China market.