The bath should be repeated until symptoms diminish. Your email address will not be published. wrote Ty Bollinger. It is clear that the medical industry, like any other industry, cares first and foremost about money. Receive Insights from Dr Conners in Your Inbox! And, again, when the autonomic branches come into balance, the patients, whatever the underlying disease, do better. 0.72 miles from Morrisville, NC. What kinds of people develop cancer? THE SCIENTIFIC FOUNDATIONS OF THE GONZALEZ PROTOCOL In this groundbreaking book, Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez (developer of the Gonzalez Protocol for the treatment of cancer and many other degenerative diseases) explains the importance of nutrition in maintaining and restoring the autonomic nervous system balance that is so crucial to good health. Two physicians in New York (who have been some of MY teachers in theIntegrativeCancer Therapy Fellowship program), Dr. Gonzalez and Dr. Isaacs, are working together to treat cancer patients with this approach and are having great results. 1104 Market Center Dr # 130, Morrisville, NC 27560-7504. This is done primarily through diet and supplements. Well learn what its all about and how you may be able to use it on your healing journey. After Beards death in 1923, enzyme therapy was largely forgotten except for its use by some alternative practitioners. First, patients almost universally report a relaxing effect, not the stimulation you find with coffee taken orally. KH: Why did you choose a vegetable-based diet, low in red meat and poultry, with a little fish and occasional dairy products? for moderate carnivore (meat eating) individuals a vinegar bath at least twice each week. After Dr. The more I learn of this gentleman, the greater my desire to learn from all his life work. The Gonzalez Protocol goes well beyond the use of pancreatic enzymes and includes other supplements, a personally tailored diet and detoxification, specifically coffee enemas. Case 1 survived twenty-six years. To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Therefore, sympathetic dominants do well on alkalizing foods like fruit and vegetables, while parasympathetic need acid forming foods such as red meat. In our discussion, Mary Beth talked about the work she has done over the last five years to preserve the legacy of this incredible physician (who was also her husband of fifteen years). The medical industry seems to view patients like machines. Gonzalez found that vitamin C and lutein were effective treatments for glaucoma and cataracts. Even Weston A. Here, in this final installment in the series, I want to offer my perspective on why the ketogenic diet . For more information on Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez, MD, and his work with digestive enzymes for treatment of cancer, visit: Your email address will not be published. The mustard soak can be repeated two to three times each day, and during periods of intense toxicity. (One case was a very enthusiastic memberwho did very well, by the way.) You will receive a new password via e-mail. The treatment centers around taking high doses of special enzymes that could once only be gotten from these physicians - we now have full access to this approach! (He did see patients with other forms of cancer or other diseases in addition to his pancreatic cancer patients). If you are looking for a Gonzalez-trained doctor, reach out HERE to get more information. NJG: The attitude is changing; for example, I have sent you a very supportive article about my work that appeared in the magazineInTouch,a news style magazine that is sent to more than 90,000 orthodox physicians, including all oncologists in this country. Of course, we all know of the stuff that everyone needs to stay away from. At 35 years old he had always had 20/20 vision. By the time he was done with his research, he was convinced that it worked. A meat diet is loaded with minerals such as phosphorous and zinc, which tend to have the opposite effect. The enzymes we use are made especially for my patients in New Zealand. (984) 960-1200. Either cancer patients get better with my treatment or they do not. Deaths, especially in some of the shorter cases, were often due to surgery or other conventional treatment not directly related to the protocol. NJG: The issue of caffeine high is often raised. Gonzalez once asked Kelley what percentage of disease is biochemical-nutritional, psychological and spiritual. Enable collaborative features and customize widget: An error on our end has caused the item you were trying to add to your cart to fail, please try again or call, Chemistry Panel & Complete Blood Count (CBC). In his New York City private medical practice, Dr. Gonzalez would ask a series of questions of his patients different questions for different people determined by what he already knew about their medical history. Some patients wake up at night to take more enzymes. Dr. Pottenger, in his book Symptoms of Visceral Disease, described how disease could be caused by autonomic imbalance.1 Dr. Pottenger theorized that in some individuals, either the sympathetic or parasympathetic system was overly active, bringing about disease states that could be ameliorated if the overactive system was toned down. NJG: Pancreatic cancer patients are notoriously medically unstable, and some patients in the study were so weak they had difficulty complying fully at times, although many of the patients did comply well. Using Enzyme Therapy with Cancer | Conners Clinic, Alternative Cancer Coaching. He studied Dr. Metabolic typing was not the brainchild of Dr. Gonzalez, although he was the physician most responsible for putting the concept on the map. NJG: I didnt come up with the idea to use pancreatic enzymes to treat cancer. Please be advised that the coaches and other staff members at Conners Clinic are NOT licensed to practice medicine in Minnesota; DO NOT practice medicine; DO NOT prescribe, give, or administer any drug or medicine; DO NOT offer or undertake to prevent, diagnose, correct, or treat any disease, illness, pain, wound, fracture, infirmity, deformity or defect; and DO NOT offer to undertake to perform any form of surgery or hypnosis. These include trans fats, simple sugars preservatives, processed foods, and the like. Is stress keeping you up at night? Do not brush the face. The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes. What we ingest absolutely affects how these two systems function. He divided it into the orthosympathetic and the parasympathetic. Cancer patients commonly are prescribed 130 to 160 capsules daily of a combination of nutrients (vitamins, minerals, amino acids, anti-oxidants) and pancreatic enzymes. Another important factor within the Gonzalez Protocol is using coffee enemas for detoxification. Certain vitamins, minerals and trace elements, such as many of the B vitamins and, as mentioned above, magnesium and potassium, tone down the sympathetic nervous system and stimulate the parasympathetic nerves. Nicholas Gonzalez, MD, has developed a treatment for cancer that is a duplication of one devised by William Donald Kelley, a dentist from Grapevine, Texas [1,2]. Dr. Gonzalez was a strong advocate of food as fuel. He felt strongly that by eating the right foods and taking the right supplements, the body can achieve autonomic balance. As Dr. Gonzalez explains in his other book, Dr. Gonzalez was also a firm believer in using a method called, As long as we put the right fuel into our bodies by eating the right food for our metabolic type, the autonomic system will be in balance, both branches and the associated organs and glands will function efficiently, the body will work beautifully, and our health will be ideal,, Dr. William Kelley and the Birth of Metabolic Typing, Metabolic typing was not the brainchild of Dr. Gonzalez, although he was the physician most responsible for putting the concept on the map. However, recent evidence demonstrates that orally ingested pancreatic proteolytic enzymes are acid stable, pass intact into the small intestine and are absorbed through the intestinal mucosa into the blood stream as part of an enteropancreatic recycling process. We have found that specific nutrients and foods have specific, precise and predictable effects on the autonomic nervous system. For example, a vegetarian diet emphasizes fresh fruits and vegetables, particularly leafy greens, and contains large doses of minerals such as magnesium and potassium. Reputable experts from places like Memorial Sloan Kettering and the Mayo Clinic independently confirmed these cancer cases. Every other week youll look forward to seeing what Dr Conners has to say he only offers practical health tips paired with timely, relevant sources and inspirational wisdom. A comment[1] at Sallys blog[2] mentioned Dr. Dr Nicholas Gonzalez was a classically trained, Ivy-League educated Immunologist working at Sloan Kettering in NYC when he learned about the pioneering work of Dr John Beard and Dr William Donald Kelley (who cured his own pancreatic cancer with a special nutritional diet and supplements). After a pleasant and satisfying run in the electronics field, he decided he wanted to do something more important. Dr. Colin Ross states in the introduction to Conquering Cancer that no oncologist in any medical school in the Western world has achieved comparable survival times. Generally, we find that the better the compliance, the better the effect of the treatment. But the placenta in a mother only grows up to a point, then stops. In this model, patients with solid epithelial tumors, such as tumors of the lung, pancreas, colon, prostate, uterus, etc. These cells were thought to be left over from early embryonic stages and were kept under control by circulating pancreatic enzymes. The Gonzalez Metabolic Type Diet also includes instructions on how to properly prepare food plus a handy one-page shopping list. 415-793-4575. The author of this book, Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez, and I were professional colleagues for more than twenty-five years. All rights reserved. The Merck Manual advocated it in all the additions from 1897 through 1977, but then dropped it due to lack of space. Many cancer patients on the Gonzalez Protocol were people who the medical establishment had given up for dead and whose situations were considered hopeless by conventional standards. Whereas the typical medical doctor today is little more than a drug dispenser, taking input from the patient and prescribing drugsin a process that cant take much more than ten minutes, on average, because the doctor must see many patients each day to assure financial survivalDr. A second aspect of the Gonzalezs program is autonomic balance and metabolic typing. How Does Pork Prepared in Various Ways Affect the Blood, Bitters: the Revival of a Forgotten Flavor, Dietary Fats / Cholesterol / Heart Disease, Saturated Fats, Polyunsaturated oils and Omega-3 and 6. Talk to my assistants today! It was an absolute delight to touch base with Mary Beth Gonzalez the other day. Brush in the direction of the abdomenup the legs, up the arms and down the neck and trunk. In subsequent models, there are 9 different metabolic types: Sympathetic Fast, Sympathetic Mixed, Sympathetic Slow, Balanced Fast, Balanced Mixed, Balanced Slow, Parasympathetic Fast, Parasympathetic Mixed, and Parasympathetic Slow. He further proposed that pancreatic enzymes would most likely be useful as a cancer treatment. The login page will open in a new tab. Gonzalez wrote another book that goes into much more detail, called The Trophoblast and the Origins of Cancer. Do I even need to say my thumb is UP for this? Sit in a comfortable chair and soak you feet in the basin for 20 to 30 minutes. This article appeared inWise Traditions in Food, Farming and the Healing Arts, the quarterly magazine of the Weston A. In our therapy, we use diets specifically because of the effect of food on the autonomic nervous system. He particularly recommended the chiropractic approach developed by Dr. Roy Sweat, who came up with a unique way of adjusting without actually touching the patient. When I was completing my immunology fellowship, I had an interesting correspondence with the then editor of theMerck Manual, who confirmed that the coffee enemas had been advocated in theMerck Manualfrom about 1890 right up until 1977, when they were removed more for space considerations than anything else. During both of my healing journeys, I ingested many pancreatic enzymes every hour on the hour and as my health improved, I cut back to 5 times per day. This means that cancer happens because of imbalance at the mitochondria level. Press release. Volume II details sixty-two cases of a variety of other cancers, and there is an appendix covering a case of insulin-dependent diabetes. Be sure to check out this latest Wellness Warrior podcast HERE. Dr. Nicholas Gonzalez lecture of Dr. William Donald Kelley's Research Nutritional Diet for Cancer For Dr. Kelley cancer began with eye problems. They thrive in high pressure environments. In warm bath, add one cup of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate) and one cup of regular table (or sea) salt. The trial is the outgrowth of a Congressional hearing last summer encouraging intensive government evaluation of promising alternative cancer treatments, and is currently up and running. The regimen also includes prescribed diets, nutritional supplements, and coffee enemas (see Question 1 ). I have followed thousands of patients over the years who have done coffee enemas in some cases for decades: virtually all patients report an increase sense of well-being. I believe most pancreatic enzymes available either as a prescription or over the counter in health food stores are not effective against cancer. Particularly with cancer patients, who often have a very large tumor burden, as the body repairs and rebuilds and as tumors break down, enormous amounts of toxic debris can be produced, much of which must be processed in the liver. Each is tested for freedom of contamination and for potency tests of 30 to 80 USP units or proteolytic activity per milligram with 15 to 40 units of lipolytic activity per milligram. During times of intense toxicity, the vinegar bath can be done daily. Others followed up, and a dentist named Dr. William Kelley rediscovered Beards work in the 1960s. Previous research, such as Dr. Francis Pottengers research during the 1920s and 1930s proposed that much if not all disease has autonomic imbalance as at least one of the major causes. So what exactly were the discoveries that made Dr. Gonzalezs work so successful? Two are alive and well with no signs of disease, one at 3.5 years and one at 4.5 years. Because the standard survival for the disease is so poor, an effect could be seen in a small number of patients in a short period of time. Eskimos lack enzymes needed to digest complex carbohydratesan aspect of their unique make-up. When Mary Swanderapproached me about writing his biographyI agreed to have her write it because I knew she could tell his story in a way that would be much easier to digest for the masses, Mary Beth said during our interview. In a nutshell, Dr. Gonzalez promoted the concept that cancer is really a metabolic disease. He is now arthritis free and enjoying his dream job working for the Weston A. On the other hand, patients with the blood or immune based malignancies such as leukemia, myeloma and lymphoma do best on a high-animal protein, high-fat diet. By utilizing various combinations of nutrition It is called metabolic typing. His mentor, Ernst Wynder, MD, published some of the first evidence linking cigarette smoking to lung cancer. In this Brand New 3rd Edition Dr. Kevin Conners adds almost DOUBLE the content with all new insights and practical tips on how to understand your bodys ability to heal and get back to a state of health. Treatments based on this idea started with Dr. John Beard in the early twentieth century. I did my premedical work as a postgraduate student at Columbia University, and received my medical degree from Cornell University Medical College in New York. According to Gonzalez, maintaining a balanced autonomic system is crucial to health and the success of treatment. Conners Clinic | Alternative Cancer Coaching, Minnesota, State and Website Practice Disclaimer. In the world of natural health and cancer, nobody compares to the late Nicholas Gonzalez. It also showed in the results of his cancer treatment where he had significantly higher success rates than his mainstream competition. Metabolic typing was originally created by, The intricacies of metabolic typing can be confusing, especially since there have been several other natural health practitioners over the years who have used it as the basis for their own programs besides Dr. Gonzalez. Within the Gonzalez cancer program coffee enemas are used to help the body process the enormous amounts of toxic debris that can be produced as tumors break down. In this article, well dive into the nutritional tool that he was known for best. Throughout his career, Dr. Gonzalez took metabolic typing to the next level with his own patients. KH: How compliant were your patients to this regimen?