The Catholic Foundation of Southeastern Massachusetts What is the Foundation? He attended Bishop Connolly High School in Fall River and also studied at Rhode Island College in Kingstown, R.I. Laird: Dont be afraid to make use of the resources around you. Reverend Steven Booth: Ordained by Bishop Edgar M. da Cunha on June 13, 2020 for the Diocese of Fall River. The last four years he has been at Our Lady of Providence Seminary and studying at Providence College. Most Reverend Edgar M. da Cunha, S.D.V., D.D. Theres pastoral formation. Seminarian for the Diocese of Fall River Mansfield, Massachusetts, United States. June 11, 2021. In addition to our studies, we have assignments that bring us into the community and cover all aspects of our lives as Catholics. Matthew Gill on bass guitar, Larry Valliere on guitar, and Fr. I think continuing to develop youth programs will give kids the opportunity to grow, come together as one, and have genuine community, genuine friendships. Synodality and the synodal process are not a gathering or meeting of bishops, nor are they the administrative arm of the Church. View the Presentation Flyer here. A list of suggested prayers can be found here. As he discerns a vocation to the priesthood, Dias said in his biography on the diocesan Vocation Office website that he finds strength in helping marginalized people to have a better life, and what excites him most about the thought of becoming a priest is bringing the Sacraments to Gods people. In this synodal process, Pope Francis is bringing to fruition what he has preached throughout his papacy: the lay faithful have an important role to play in the mission and life of the ChurchThis is an invitation to everyone parishes small and large, all groups, ministries, apostolates, movements, and individuals to be heard. This Synod is to be a process of journeying together by listening, dialoguing, praying, discerning and making decisions together for the purpose of proclaiming the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Please contact the Catholic Foundation office at 508-675-1311 with any questions. There are approximately 100 Diocesan Priests serving in 82 parishes throughout the Diocese. Gregory A. Mathias, V.F., from Pastor of St. John Neumann Parish in East Freetown, to Pastor of Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Osterville and Our Lady of Victory Parish in Centerville, with residence at Our Lady of Victory Rectory, while remaining Director of Continuing Education and Formation of Clergy. Herman C. Agudelo, Parochial Vicar of Our Lady of Mt. His parents and his sister have been supportive of his possible priestly vocation. Saint John's Seminary127 Lake StreetBrighton, MA 02135617-254-2610. Donations may be mailed directly to the Catholic Foundation office, 450 Highland Ave., Fall River, MA 02720, made online at www.givefrdiocese.org, or dropped off at any parish in the Diocese. Dias spent this past summer working and took a college course. His summer assignments have included at St. Anthony Parish in Falmouth, Our Lady of Grace Parish in Westport, and this summer at Holy Name Parish in Fall River. And sometimes when you let that resonate and you let it set in, its really the most powerful thing., On June 13, Scheffer was ordained to the transitional diaconate and Deacon Steven Booth was ordained to the priesthood at the Cathedral of St. Mary of the Assumption in Fall River. By "serving those who serve," the Office of Clergy Support promotes the health, happiness, and holiness of those men who have given their lives in service to the Church and God's people. A helpful short definition of the Synod of Bishops is a gathering of bishops that: Voting in the Synod of Bishops is limited to bishops present at the synod gathering. He attended Toll Gate High School in Warwick and went on to earn a bachelors degree in Religious studies from Fairfield University in Fairfield, Conn. Deacon Valliere took a teaching position at Bishop Stang High School in North Dartmouth, and it was there he had the growing sense that he was being called to enter seminary. Kathleen also works at the parish. The sense of being called to the priesthood has gown within Brian and became clearer and stronger over the years. Phone: 508-675-1311 Valliere, 39, is the son of Laurent and Maureen Valliere, and a parishioner of St. Stanislaus Parish in Fall River. His faith life was also strengthened when he and his family visited the Vatican and various holy sites in Rome. Too many times people try to fit their vocation around their occupation, instead of first saying yes to God, and then finding an occupation that is complementary to their vocation. He also attended Stonehill College, graduating with a BA in marketing. Required fields are marked *. Diocese of Rochester: June 13 Reverend Joseph Martuscello: Ordained by Bishop Salvatore R. Matano on June 13, 2020 as the newest priest of the Diocese of Rochester. Rev. 2021 Fall River Vocations Office | 47 Underwood Street, Fall River, MA 02720 | 508-336-5549 |. Home - Fall River Diocese Find Your Parish If you've been away for a while, if you're new to the area or just visiting, one of our 70 parishes is waiting to welcome you! To be ordained are Matthew F. Laird, William O'Donnell III, Gregory Quenneville, and Laurent M . Phone: 508-675-1311 Vocations Director, Fr. He earned a bachelors degree in religious studies in 2003 from Fairfield University in Connecticut. He holds the Eucharist, Adoration, Confession and a devotion to Our Lady near and dear to his heart. All Rights Reserved. He also finds strength in helping those marginalized having a better life. Synod is a Greek word (synodos) meaning a meeting or assembly. He graduated from Harwich High School in 1996 and received a bachelors degree in marketing from Stonehill College in Easton in 2000. Phone: 508-675-1311 The worthy priest is the living image of Christ in this world, of Christ watching, praying, preaching, catechizing, working, weeping, going from town to town, from village to village, suffering, agonizing, sacrificing Himself and dying for the souls created to His image and likeness. Synodality involves clergy, religious and laity listening and speaking, praying and discerning together, and placing the hopes and concerns of the People of God at the foot of the bishops, who, united with the Pope, decide matters of faith and morals in order to preserve the faith and strengthen the Church throughout the world. Gifts to the annual Catholic Appeal directly support these men, through the Diocese of Fall River Office of Vocations. E-mail: jkearns@dioc-fr.org, Statistical Overview (as of December 31, 2021), A-Z List of Diocesan Offices & Ministries, Catholic Foundation of Southeastern Massachusetts/Catholic Appeal, Faith Formation/Secretariat for the New Evangelization, Diocesan Health Facilities (Nursing Homes & Elder Care), Catholic Foundation of Southeastern Massachusetts, FACE Foundation to Advance Catholic Education, Clergy Retirements, Transfers and Assignments Announced. "It is my prayer that we will all open our hearts to the Lenten journey ahead". John M. Schrader, from Parochial Vicar of Transfiguration of the Lord Parish in North Attleboro, to Administrator of St. John Neumann Parish in East Freetown, while remaining Associate Director of Vocations and Seminarians. After high school he spent a year in Portugal to work on his ability to speak Portuguese. The team usually meets throughout the year to discuss creative ways of supporting our seminarians as well as cultivating nurturing priestly vocations in the young men of their parish. Fourth Theology Deacon Ryan Ackmann Archdiocese of Milwaukee Deacon Julian Druffner Diocese of Superior Deacon Alex Kren Diocese of La Crosse Deacon Kevin Tanel Archdiocese of Milwaukee Deacon John Zweber And there was also a kind of peaceful serenity that was so central to who she was. Laird: I am looking forward to administering the sacraments too, and to being there for such important parts of peoples lives in a unique way. Rev. Shayne Dias is entering his senior year of college seminary. After his first communion in 2006, he joined The Missionary Childhood, a group that helped him to learn how to evangelize other children and by doing this it all the more awaken within him to possibility of a divine calling. Sudhir C. Nayak) of Our Lady of Fatima, St. Joseph-St. Therese, and St. Mary Parishes in New Bedford. Matthew G. Gill, from Parochial Vicar at Our Lady of Victory Parish in Centerville and Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Osterville, to Administrator of Holy Family Parish in East Taunton, and Minister to the Hispanic Community of Taunton. ODonnell: When I first got the call, I was working in the restaurant industry on the Cape. The Priesthood: A Conduit of Divine Grace & Healing, We invite you to prayerfully consider making the commitment to pray for one priest of the Diocese of Fall River each day. Carmel Parish in New Bedford while remaining Parochial Vicar of Our Lady of Guadalupe at St. James Parish in New Bedford, with residence at Our Lady of Guadalupe Rectory. Gerard A. Hebert, from Pastor of Our Lady of Guadalupe at St. James Parish in New Bedford, to Pastor of St. Bernard Parish in Assonet. Bishop Edgar da Cunha, SDV appointed Rev. Select the "Sign in " tab in the top right corner. Who will prepare it to appear before God, by washing that soul, for the last time, in the blood of Jesus Christ? This year you can watch a series of Ministry Moments videos featuring individuals reflecting on good works supported by the Catholic Appeal. Home 2021 News & Press Clergy Retirements, Transfers and Assignments Announced. It is this aspect that is most important in preparing to serve the Church as a priest and is what I have been most grateful for as a seminarian. He is also Ecclesiastical Assistant to Aid to the Church in Need USA, a Papal Missionary of Mercy, a National Eucharistic Preacher for . Michael R. Nagle, Pastor of Good Shepherd Parish in Vineyard Haven, Rev. Laird, 28, is from Sandwich, Mass., and is the son of David and Kathleen Laird. The Catholic Population of the diocese is roughly 325,000 people, or roughly about 40% of the general population. Brian is entering third theology at Immaculate Conception Seminary in South Orange, New Jersey. Your email address will not be published. Matthew F. Laird, William O'Donnell III, Gregory Quenneville, and Laurent M. Valliere, now as deacons, will be able to assist the priest at Mass and be an ordinary minister of . He has an older sister and younger sister. Before that move, he was a catechist and an altar server in his parish in Brazil. Theres really four pillars. My time in the seminary has been overwhelmingly positive, he told The Anchor. DIOCESE OF FALL RIVER Office of Clergy Support 450 Highland Avenue Fall River, MA 02720-3701 Email: mrobinson@dioc-fr.org Tel: 508-675-1311 MENU About Get Involved For Our Clergy Prayers for Priests Contact Us QUICK LINKS Diocesan Website Vocations Office Safe Environment 2021 by The Diocese of Fall River Office of Clergy Support bottom of page Patrick Fiorillo of the Archdiocese of Boston on drums. Four seminarians studying for the priesthood for the Fall River Diocese will be ordained transitional deacons by Bishop Edgar M. da Cunha, S.D.V, in the context of an 11 a.m. Mass on Saturday, May 22, in St. Mary's Cathedral, Fall River. Other News. Sudhir C. Nayak, from Parochial Vicar of Our Lady of the Assumption Parish in Osterville and Our Lady of Victory Parish in Centerville, to (Moderator) Pastor in solidum (with Rev. Spend the day. I have gained a greater appreciation for the importance of preparing parents to have their children baptized. February 1, 2023 . 146m Charlton Memorial Hospital Hospital. Rev. To be ordained are Matthew F. Laird, William ODonnell III, Gregory Quenneville, and Laurent M. Valliere. Im very grateful for that., To the people who give to the Catholic Appeal, particularly for vocations, I would say thanks in many ways. In my time there, I was able to learn about parish life and was immersed in Portuguese ministry, which is very close to my heart. Saint Francis de Sales Seminary | Our Seminarians Our Seminarians The Men of the Salesianum See rollcall videos of our seminarians by diocese. Weve often heard the expression, Ill put in a good word for you. These are people who are putting in a good word for us with God. It was there where he met Bishop Edgar M. da Cunha, S.D.V., who encouraged Santos to think about serving as a priest in the U.S., particularly in the Diocese of Fall River. Brian Connors comes from a family of his mom, Janice, dad, Michael, and two brothers. Holy Hours for Vocations: Over the summers Brian has served at Our Lady of Grace Parish in Westport and St. Mary of the Assumption Cathedral in Fall River. Jack Schrader at. In his home parish, Hughes has been an altar server, lector, special minister of Holy Communion, sacristan, taught in the Faith Formation program, was on the parish council and was involved in youth ministry. You cannot recall one single blessing from God without finding, side by side with this recollection, the image of the priest.". He saw this as a call from God to go into deeper waters. Rev. Rev. Even today with my parents and my sisters, whenever we get together, the first question from my parents is: What time is Mass? Sometimes, others see what you arent seeing. Laird: Music is a hobby of mine. E-mail: jkearns@dioc-fr.org, Statistical Overview (as of December 31, 2021), A-Z List of Diocesan Offices & Ministries, Catholic Foundation of Southeastern Massachusetts/Catholic Appeal, Faith Formation/Secretariat for the New Evangelization, Diocesan Health Facilities (Nursing Homes & Elder Care), Catholic Foundation of Southeastern Massachusetts, FACE Foundation to Advance Catholic Education, Overview of Demographics from the Diocesan Phase of the Synod, RESOURCES TO FOLLOW UP THE SYNOD PARISH PHASE, The entire Catholic Church is called to participate in this Synod of Bishops! The Diocese of Fall River, MA has taken a step in FAITH and HOPE to formally establish an independent, charitable foundation responsible for raising, managing and distributing philanthropic funds to provide long-term, sustainable support for the parishes, schools and life-changing ministries across its Diocese. Rev. That will hopefully prepare them and equip them for a life of service. Laird: I first heard the call in high school, but it was really when I attended college and met others who were having similar experiences, a vocation to the priesthood became a real option for me. of St. Anthony, St. Jude the Apostle and St. Mary Parishes in Taunton, to Pastor of Our Lady of Lourdes Parish in Wellfleet and St. Peter the Apostle Parish in Provincetown, with residence at St. Peter the Apostle Rectory. His home parish is Christ the King in Mashpee. John is entering third theology at Immaculate Conception Seminary in South Orange, NJ. Rev. I could always share my ideas with him. In his 20s Brian underwent a conversion and in 2015 received the sacraments of initiation. The Mass is a timeless reality, where the passion of Christ is represented and infinite grace is brought into the world. 558 South Ave, Weston, MA 02493 (781) 899-5500 2021 All Rights Reserved. 149 in- person and virtual sessions were held at churches, local halls, or private homes. diocese of joliet priest assignments 2022. dennistoun, glasgow rent . Originally from West Warwick, R.I., he is a 1999 graduate of Tollgate High School in Warwick. He briefly entered the Carmel of the Immaculate Heart of Mary order in Powell, Wyo., but didnt feel that was his calling, but his desire to become a priest didnt ebb. Now being an older man, some could say, were already formed. Tom Frechette; I spoke with him the most about getting the call. FALL RIVER On what is always a joyous day in the diocese, last Saturday was a sun soaked day of celebration and thanks, as Bishop Edgar M. da Cunha, S.D.V., ordained Father Peter R. Scheffer Jr. His parents are supportive of his pursuing a possible vocation to the priesthood. Foundation to Advance Catholic Education (FACE), Rev. Deacon Bill ODonnell, 41, hails from Harwich, where he, his mom, Patty, dad, William, and a younger brother and sister, were parishioners at Holy Trinity Parish in West Harwich. Daniel M. Nunes, from Parochial Vicar of Holy Name Parish in Fall River, to Parochial Vicar of St. Nicholas of Myra Parish in North Dighton and Annunciation of the Lord Parish in Taunton, with residence at Annunciation of the Lord Rectory. For more information, please contact Irina Robinson, Fall River Diocesan Family and Pro-Life Director, at 508-669-7966 or by email, idelucca@dioc-fr.org.