Rook threatens to hold the button down longer and double the voltage of the shocks. Well, guess what else changed for Benson in the past year? God knows how Olivia put up with you for so long, Cragen says to him. A local captain, Julia Millfield (Kim Delaney), tells Benson her brother, Simon, is a suspected rapist. Stabler and Benson recently reunited for the "SVU" spinoff series "Organized Crime," in which Meloni returns as Stabler to head up an organized crime unit in the New York Police Department.. "Loss. During the last months of her pregnancy in 2006, Hargitay took maternity leave from SVU, and was temporarily replaced by Connie Nielsen. Later on, Benson and Stabler clash again during a heated discussion about older women having children. Hows that for now? Note the "for now" part. Stabler then wishes Benson a happy Mothers Day and tells her she looks great. Well, it has been 10 years, Elliot, Benson replies. Benson called Stabler for a favor to pick up her son, Noah, who had been staying with his half brother's family outside of New York City after two hooded figures attacked his mom outside of. Stabler tells Benson what she means to him (spoiler alert: the world) in a scene between the two during the second episode of Organized Crime.. Lindstrom brings up the subject of Stabler and also notes that Bensons co-workers are in stable relationships. He then asks Benson when she thinks her turn will come. Benson assumes Lindstrom thinks she has intimacy issues. With Season 24 premiering in September, we thought what better time to take a very (and we mean very) thorough look back at the "complicated" history between Benson and Stabler. Stabler returns to making his breakfast and Leonetti reaches out and holds his arm while saying, "Love shouldnt be complicated. Whatever happened between you and Angela, Wheatley knows, Benson says. Hes like a son to me. She quickly hangs up before she can say anything to Stabler when people from the environmental group approach and ask whom shes talking to. Stabler tells Benson he didnt ask her to be here. You still want him. Bernie had previously noticed her pills were missing and picks up on her sons conversation with Benson. During Angelas testimony, which both the Stabler children and Benson witness, Angela reveals she kissed Stabler and that she was in love with him. This episode is the continuation of a crossover with SVUs Trick-Rolled at the Moulin, which ends with Stabler shielding Benson in the car after theyre both shot at (classic Protelliot). After getting married in 2004, the pair welcomed their first child together in 2006. Stabler doesnt come in until the end of the episode, but he delivers arguably one of the most important lines Bensons ever heard in her life up until that point. Benson tells Rollins she talked to Stabler before he went back undercover, and he promised her he didnt know the suspect was being put in witness protection. Gitano had killed the young boy by the time he arrived. What episode does Elliot and Olivia kiss? But he was married, and even when he and Kathy (Isabel Gillies) were separated, nothing happened. Cassidy later returns in the 13th-season finale working undercover for a pimp the SVU detectives are investigating. Stabler meets up with Benson in a park on a snowy day, and the meetup also marks the first time Stabler sees Noah, who's sledding nearby. Benson confronts Stabler outside of the courthouse about Angelas upcoming testimony and asks him if theres any reason she shouldnt attend. Viewers know he went home with a girl he met on the street and woke up hours later to find her dead in the next room. Then Stuckey comes up behind them both with his gun drawn. At one point, Benson breaks her undercover protocol to contact Odafin Fin Tutuola (Ice-T) for help getting information. Organized Crime has dropped many references to Benson throughout the series, including in the Season Two premiere. Protelliot again emerges, grabbing Stuckey by the throat and saying, You are an obnoxious little jackhole.. Benson realizes Millfield, the New Jersey captain, is the one who tipped the feds off to her and angrily confronts her about it. Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. You stubborn son of a b----," she says with a smile. Zebras is the twenty-second episode and season finale of the tenth season of the police procedural television series Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and the shows 224th episode overall. The cases suspect is a famous football player, who turns out to also be a closeted gay man in a relationship with the victim. Mischa Barton is an actress who guest-starred on Law & Order: Special Victims Unit in the episode Savior as Gladys Dalton. They have an extremely close, and have more than once chosen each other over their . Even though these two arent that far into their partnership during "A Single Life," they do a pretty good job of acting like it. Well, I got to tell you, Im a little jealous because Elliot here tells me youre the second-best partner he ever had, Benson cracks. Stabler is partnered with Olivia Benson for the series' first 12 seasons of the series. Nothing says I love you quite like spilling those three words out in the middle of an intervention with all your kids present, and thats just what Stabler does in episode four of OC. Meloni told TODAY in February that this scene, which he also wrote, was his favorite one hes filmed with Hargitay since his return in April 2021. Whatever you decide, I understand, Stabler says. Benson dresses up and invites Porter over to her apartment, saying she wants to cook for him after he suggests they go out. She goes to ask if their relationship is OK after the heated case. However I dont know, I know what I was thinking when I said the words that I said onscreen I like that it can be read in number of ways, he said. She asks for a new partner after Stabler expects her to jeopardize his life to shoot a convicted sex offender (Lou Diamond Phillips) who had kidnapped two children and killed one of them. Who else would put up with me?. Cut to Benson and Stabler later spotting each other in the precincts hallway. Thankfully, she wasnt hit, and Stabler cradles Benson in his arms on the ground. Stabler grabs Bensons arm and thanks her for coming. Why did Elliot Stabler leave SVU storyline? I cant.. Lindstrom ends the session by telling Benson to think about what she deserves and emphasizes she deserves happiness.. Stabler joins Benson in her car after she drops Noah off at school and brings her coffee (just like old times). Benson asks if theres anything she can do to help, and Stabler assures her he can handle it. Stabler again tries to spend time with them both by asking Benson if he can take them to lunch. Youre all bottled up, Lewis says. Benson takes the step to visitsBernie in New Jersey. He says Benson was never hurt by shocks and that her screams were prerecorded. Kathy remarked that it was good seeing Benson and Elliot together again and stated that she couldn't believe that the pair hadn't spoken in a decade or how Benson didn't know he was back on the job. Hey, what do I know? In the season 20 episode, A Story of More Woe, Rollins goes into labour with her second child and she struggles with telling her childs father, Doctor Al Pollack (George Newbern), that she doesnt love him anymore. She shares that she was not ready to have a child and had scheduled an appointment to get an abortion. Even though we can only imagine what their love would have been like in the real world, we can at least understand their bond in the film. Thats going to be $100 to watch, $250 to join each. Then she wraps her arms around Stabler as he says, Guys gotta eat, huh?. Stabler does eventually sign the divorce papers and leaves them on the porch for Kathy to find. But they came pretty darn close. Maybe God remembered how cute you were as a carrot, Benson responds. Did Stabler and Olivia sleep together? Maybe two. The conversation implies that Bernie also has bipolar disorder. While Cassidy wants more, Benson doesn't at least for now. The previous episode, "All That Glitters," introduced viewers to Tia Leonetti (Ayelet Zurer), who worked with Stabler in Italy after he left the Special Victims Unit. It takes her another minute. Im not your type, Cragen cracks. Outside, Porter tells Benson, while glancing at Stabler, If it was me, I wouldve shot (Simon). Benson thanks both Porter and Stabler, and Stabler asks her why shes thanking him as Porter leaves. The history between the two is "complicated," as Hargitay told TODAY in February. 1, Donnelly says while walking away. After pining for each other for years, Rollins and Carisi finally shared a kiss at Finns (Ice-T) wedding in the season 22 finale. Stabler calls Benson to help him find Eli, who went missing with Bernies pills. The two worked together in the Special Victims Unit for years, getting closer and developing romantic tension for over a. Look, we both chose each other over the job. And as for why Stabler abruptly left without telling Benson himself? Does Kathy know you mortgaged the house for me? Benson asks. The truth is, you know things about him I will never understand, Kathy says. Benson gets up and begins rifling through her cabinets to find the sugar when Stabler asks why she didn't call him, presumably after the gang attack that left her with a bruised eye. When she started to rest, Elliot was worried, but Kathy assured him she was fine and told Benson on what she could remember. Benson explains shes there because they lost contact with him, and she also gave him her phone so he could call Kathy. Im just calling to say I want to thank you for everything that youve done for me, for the kids. 4. It does not store any personal data. The Christmas Episode was an actual gift to Benson and Stabler fans since it was peppered with some of the best-ever moments between the two. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. And then Im not sure what happened. Feeling overwhelmed by the responsibility this newborn brings her, the new mother decides to give full custody to Olivia Benson. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics". The letter was obviously written when Kathy was still alive, and that last, one line Stabler wrote himself speaks volumes and basically confirms that Bensons always been it for him the circumstances just havent allowed it. Did Benson and Stabler have a falling out? Benson responds, You dont know anything about my feelings for Elliot, and you dont know him.. He then explains how his kids are grown and "have lives of their own. Look at what hes doing to you, he adds. She then tells him about the one man she thought she may have settled down with for good, and only offers up his first name, Ed. Benson and Stabler go undercover as swingers need we say more? Stabler tells her shes great with kids and adds, Maybe you should start thinking about having kids, and any way you want to do it, Ill support you., Elliot, do me a favor? Benson replies. Celebrity Net Worth reports that Christophers peak SVU salary was $395,000 per episode (or about $10 million per season), while the rest of his income comes from acting roles in TV and film as well as voiceover work. Then she shoots Sister Peg, a woman in charge of a local homeless shelter who had been helping Benson and Stabler with the current case. Benson is surprised when Stabler invites her into the interrogation room to speak to Eli after he begs with a please.. When he asked the undercover cop that had been arrested to call his family, he informed Elliot that his family left him a long time ago because they no longer could handle him being a cop. Stabler says he doesnt abuse his authority, to which Rook responds, Every cop abuses his authority. After conversing more with Stabler, Rook eventually confesses to his crimes. He would kick your teeth in, break your legs, break your arms, break your back break your face. Stabler asks her why she didnt tell him she was no longer his partner. Some are tighter than married couples.. Grab onto us., I know youre all just trying to help, Stabler says. Did you really expect me to cause your death? Shut up and drive., During a private moment at the end of the episode, Benson tells Stabler she had recently explored adoption, but she was turned down by the agency. Benson says she agrees with Bernie and wants him to come home. Elliot Stabler did, indeed, kiss on this week's Law & Order: SVU. After Benson tells him to freeze, Gitano quickly slashes her neck with a knife, and she falls to the ground. I want to find balance here in this whatever this is, Stabler says. Cragen calls Benson into his office to tell her that Stabler put his papers in. "Half my genes are drunk, and the other half are violent and cruel," Benson says, referring to her mother, who had an alcohol dependency, and her father, who raped her mother. During a briefing, Benson and Stabler have a sidebar conversation, in which Benson calls out Stabler for not telling her he was undercover. That, said Benson, is technically sexual assault. So, who does he call to seemingly make a confession of sorts to in what could be his last few hours? Benson and Stabler are already partners and investigating the brutal murder of a cab driver. Benson picked up on what he was suggesting, asking him if his wife Kathy . Rook's stated intention is to teach Stabler a little lesson about power and authority since Rook believes cops own the streets.. The episode ends with Benson walking back to her old desk, which prompts Stabler to ask, What are you doing here?. Stabler returned in the Special Victims Unit episode Return of the Prodigal Son, when his wife, Kathy, is killed in a car bombing which was meant for Stabler. Benson and Rollins had an adventure and conversation to remember during a visit to the suburbs. Melody s doctor who does not believe she is intelligent. Photo: NBC. Benson delivers an unforgettable howdy after Stabler says, Hey partner. She offers to get hydrogen peroxide to clean a cut on Stablers face, and she runs into Eli as hes exiting the bathroom. Why I dont tell her how I feel? a confused Stabler responds. Stabler prepares to enter an extremely dangerous meeting while undercover a meeting that could very easily go south and end in his death. "It's like the ending of my family.". Did Elliot and Olivia sleep together? I couldnt take it.. It felt good to hear that, Stabler tells her, clearly relieved to know that after disappearing for a decade, Benson still cares about him. She didnt. "It's not all about the genes, Liv," Stabler adds as he turns around to face her. Stabler walks Benson out through the back garden. Stabler later arranges to be in the restroom at the same time as Wheatley, who brings up Angelas testimony and says to Stabler, I was surprised to see Olivia in the gallery. Theres someone else another woman whos the one true love of his life., He further taunts Angela and says, Every time he was looking into your pretty brown eyes, touching your face or wherever else he was touching you Im willing to wager he was thinking about her.. Love affairs? While talking to Stabler and Angela, Richard says he recorded Angela plotting to kill Kathy, and Angela denies it. When Stabler tells Benson he found the swab, she calls him out for snooping and says she forgot to send in the swab and will send it in. Barba says he got a glimpse, to which Benson reminds Barba shes known Stabler for 23 years and he always had her back. Benson, clearly affected by her partner's words, nods and turns to face him before heading out and whispering, "Good night.". What the hell just happened? Stabler says to Benson as she walks out of the courtroom. I mean, you couldve said something, Stabler responds. The episode ends with Benson in Cragens office asking for a new partner. Liv, Im being careful, Stabler assures her. They walk through the home with their flashlights raised (also in sync) and dont even have to speak to communicate, just like old times. Im his partner, and watching Stabler interact with Beck through the window of Cragens office.). Cragen pulls Benson out of interrogation. My old partner, hed know what to do, she says, a rare reference at this point to Stabler. Stabler lingers at Bensons desk before saying, See ya, to which she looks up from her computer with a smile and says, OK.. Fans of Law & Order finally got the declaration they've been waiting years for between Olivia Benson and Elliot Stabler. Law & Order: SVU. Are Mariska Hargitay and Chris Meloni still friends? I know that you are carving your way through a mountain of grief, and I have tried to be here for you. The person you love, Reggie translates from his mom. When Stabler expresses his disbelief, Benson explains, Im single. Did Stabler tell Benson he loves her? After the paramedics arrive, Benson ends up climbing back into the car to stabilize Kathys head and neck before the first responders can extract her from the car. How Do You Get Rid Of Hiccups In 5 Seconds. But he was married, and even when he and Kathy (Isabel Gillies) were separated, nothing happened. In real life, actor Meloni left the drama due to a dispute over pay which meant him leaving in between seasons 12 and 13. Stabler notes Fin and Phoebe are a good-looking couple and asks Benson how the two met. Before going out with the squad for their next case, Benson tells the detectives shell meet them in five. During a later private conversation, Benson again mentions Stablers radio silence for three months, and the two briefly catch up. The shows 14th season ended with a sadistic killer named William Lewis (Pablo Schreiber) pointing a gun at Bensons head in her apartment. Benson puts her weapon down as Stabler walks up behind her with his gun drawn and tells Simon to drop his weapon while Benson begs him not to shoot. After 12 years of working together as partners for the NYPD's Special Victims Unit, Stabler ghosting Benson for a decade only to return to New York City for his wife to be murdered after a. You have PTSD, Benson says. The partners' boss, Capt. What is Chris Meloni salary? It's worth noting that, at the end of this episode, Stabler finds out Angela was actually the one who ordered to take Kathy out, not Richard. "I recently lost a friend, a very close friend . I have to work on changing his about that see if I cant make myself No. Like last time, Benson and Stabler's sympathies fall on opposite sides. Benson promises Stabler shell go with Kathleen and stay with her for as long as shes able to. Stabler and Benson have a genuine bond, and their relationship was an important part of their characters' development on the show. Beck is a widow; her husband, fellow NYPD Sergeant Michael Dooley, was murdered while on duty. In the premiere episode of Season 13, Benson learns the news that Stabler put his papers in from Cragen not from Stabler himself. And Mariska (Hargitay) and I kind of laughed about it, too. He tells her he was asked to speak at her award ceremony, but instead opted to write his thoughts in a letter he planned to give to her that night. While fans were desperate for the partners to hook up (even though Stabler was married) during Meloni's 12 seasons on the show, they never did, with the actor later explaining why he believed the writers never went there. In this case I can because I do know what it means to love someone unconditionally, Barba says. Eventually, Melody learned to roll her body over and crawl. Later, Stabler and Benson prove that after over 20 years, 10 of those being apart from one another, they are still in sync. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. The father of Rollins' child is later revealed to be Lt. Declan Murphy (Donal Logue), her former commanding officer. Bell cuts the chat short. In that moment, Stabler snaps back to reality and realizes what hes said and who else is in the room and adds, I love all of you.. 1 What episode did Benson and Stabler sleep together? These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. By clicking Accept All, you consent to the use of ALL the cookies. Please dont tell me how I feel, Benson responds. (Oh, and Stabler, while undercover, also slept with her!). What is the saddest episode of Law and Order SVU? You know everything about me even the parts that Id rather forget. Your email address will not be published. 180,400 - Reviews: 425 - Favs: 130 - Follows: 178 - Updated: 2/19 - Published: 1/26/2021 - E. Stabler, O . These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. And when this son of a b---- it out of the picture, Im going to need a new partner, she adds. Their meeting ends in an argument, and Stablers attempt at getting his mothers help is unsuccessful. Whats The Difference Between Dutch And French Braids? Stabler, who was drugged while undercover, immediately goes to Bensons apartment late at night. Maybe I should get him to use that metal bar on you and make you beg for your life," she says. Were familiar with Jelliot, but this episode gives us a little of Jelivia, and also shows Benson wants Stabler to come home from his undercover job as much as the rest of his family does. Shes good like that.. He tries to dial Benson again, and it goes quickly to voicemail then he hangs up. When it's finally safe for Noah to return home, Benson calls Stabler and asks him to pick up her son. Stabler goes to New Jersey, where viewers are introduced to his mom, Bernadette Bernie Stabler (Ellen Burstyn), for the first time. Stabler checking in on his partner at home. Benson shows up at the lab only to find Stabler tied to a chair. That line effectively stops her in her tracks. During a session with her therapist, Peter Lindstrom (Bill Irwin), Benson says that while her son is doing well and her job is great, shes hasnt been happy for about a year. Olivia, my friend, can I take you and Noah out to lunch this weekend? Stabler asks. IE 11 is not supported. After 25 years of "will they or wont they" chemistry, are Benson and Stabler finally poised to get together? The Milgram nickname is important as its a reference to psychologist Stanley Milgram, who conducted shock experiments to test how far someone would go to follow instructions, despite the moral feeling of his or her conscience. Then Stabler, without breaking eye contact with Benson, emphatically declares, I love you.. This is a big deal since there was limited physical contact of any kind between the two during Stablers original run. Otherwise, we cant be partners., I cant believe youre saying that, Benson says. Unfortunately for Stuckey, a mosquito had bitten him while he was rigging Zimmer's car, and O'Halloran managed to extract a blood sample from the mosquito and called Stabler. I guess I didnt know how to begin, he adds. Stabler goes undercover as an animal smuggler, which means more time away from Kathy and their young son, Eli. If only Season Eight Benson could see future mom Benson thriving. Melody remembers how Mrs. V would take her out of her chair, put her on the floor, and tell her to turn over; at first unused to this treatment, Melody resisted. I'm happy for you. The case the two are working on is also focused on a woman who led a relatively single life, which parallels Benson's own at the time. Kathy admits Stabler wont sign the divorce papers. Cue the Benson-Stabler love theme, which starts to play, while Stabler just stares. She also loves the USWNT and is a "Real Housewives" stan. And after seeing Rollins and Carisis momentous smooch, many hope to see them in a relationship next season. Neal Baer was the SVU showrunner for over 10 of those years and played an instrumental role in the shows and characters development. Obviously, Detective Benson and Detective Stabler were extremely close when Christopher Meloni was a still a part of the series. After the tragedy in the squad room in the season 12 finale, Benson finds out that Stabler has left SVU in the season 13 premiere. At this point, they both have tears in their eyes as the standoff continues. Tucker suspends Benson, and after hearing the news, Stabler says to Tucker, You are a son of a b----. Then Tucker drops the news on a shocked Stabler that Benson has been sleeping with Moss. In real life, actor Meloni left the drama due to a dispute over pay which meant him leaving in between seasons 12 and 13. "Elliot, what's wrong with you?" As the conversation turns more emotional for Bernie, Benson says, Elliot is a good man, and I know him well enough that he didnt get it from his father.. (We know who Benson will always trust, though!). The decadeslong partnership between "Law & Order: SVU" star Mariska Hargitays Olivia Benson and "Law & Order: Organized Crime" star Christopher Meloni's Elliot Stabler has been deemed by many fans the longest slow burn in television history. Stabler confronts Rojas in the parking lot, and Rojas holds a gun to Bensons head. The conversation takes even more of a turn after Lewis brings up Bensons father and taunts her to the point that she ends up beating him with the bed pole. One of the smugglers finds Bensons jacket, and then she emerges from the bathroom without her shirt. Benson, a Special Victims Unit detective with nearly two decades of experience, nodded a polite hello to the new assistant district attorney with a look in her eye that promised she wouldn't. More on that later. Stabler tells Benson that the letter was Kathys idea, and Kathy thought it would be an easier way to start a discussion since the two hadnt seen each other in years. "So this is about the death of a loved one?" Did Percy Shelley sleep with Marys sister? Read on for the best moments from TV'sslowest of burns. Down bad since day one, according to many fans. Since Porter and Benson were already close, Porter overhears Cragen on the phone telling Benson theyve located their latest suspect, whom Porter is somehow connected to. (In a 2016 interview, Meloni revealed he was the one who insisted that spontaneous hug be included in the scene. Trust me, he tells her. The two arent vibing well at all, and Cragen tells him he and Benson needed a break from each other, and shes now working in Computer Crimes. Well, Olivias a saint, Stabler responds. In the Season 22 SVU finale, Fin is set to marry his first partner, Phoebe. The two starred together on SVU for 12 seasons until Meloni left the series in 2011. (Shes not wrong! . Then she recalls how he showed up drugged at her apartment in the middle of the night while Noah was there asleep. walked into the screen test, me telling her a story, and we get up onstage in front of all the suits, and were just so engaged.. Stabler also goes to see a therapist in a recent episode, where he speaks about loss, including his rocky relationship with Benson.