The full-sized mount provides the means of installing a wide range of scopes and sighting devices. Speaking of accessories, we wanted to keep our SIG MPX SD as lean as possible, focusing on its specific role as a hearing-safe home-defense gun. With A Little Help From My Friends by Joe Cocker, http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-rifles/57872-my-omega-9k-suppressor-arrived-my-mpx-sbr.html, http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-rifles/54303-shot-mpx-suppressed-last-weekend.html, SilencerCo Octane Fixed Mount - Pistol Silencer Accessories - Accessories. And now I hope to answer some of yours! Slings & Swivels Range Gear, Parts, Knives, Hunting, Lights, Targets, Gifts, Black Powder, Eye & Ear Proctection; Warehouse (more guns!) Sorry for the lack of knowledge, but will the Sig suppressors and/or even the octane require a spacer of any kind? We recommend pausing a little after the equivalent of 60 rounds for it to cool down. In that article, I talked about the fact that my end goal for this project was to put together the ultimate personal defense weapon a suppressed 9mm subgun. . Unsuppressed groups at 25 yards were impressive, averaging 1.62 inches for three, five-shot strings. Thanks! I opted to have my local gunsmith remove the flash hider and mount the adaptor it was worth $20.00 to make sure it was done correctly. The goal with this Sig MPX was to put together the best upgrades and accessories available on the market. Wolfman here. The suppressor itself wasnt too bad, it was fairly easily cleaned. Sig Sauer really needs to bring this variant back into production! Edit . In fact, their full-size integral upper, paired with SIGs own telescoping MPX stock, gives you a platform the exact same length of an original MP5SD which was the preeminent choice for quiet CQB by special military and police teams for decades. But its last few baffle stacks are aluminum to reduce front weight. Direct thread multi-caliber can that's light and modular for rimfire through .45 ACP. I ended up throwing on some Magpul MBUS pop up sights because I had an extra set leftover from a previous rifle build. Shop today! join_popup.classList.add('gbda-generate-lead'); We go over the best 9mm and .45 ACP suppressors out on the market. The Sig MPX is truly an impressive firearm and . Buy Sig Sauer MCX .177 Cal Co2 Powered (30 Rounds) Air Rifle, Black, 18 inches at Amazon. I read a post on another board that a user experienced excessive blowback on a MPX with an Octane 9, but none with an Osprey 45. Today we have the Osprey 45 with its iconic rectangular shape which keeps it under the front sightsnegating the need for suppressor height irons or switching to red dots. And trying to keep it ultra compact. The gun is bearable with 147gr indoors. The only upgrades I have done is replaced the handguard with a Sig M-lock with a hand stop. As with @bonifacio, I kinda made my own, though I went about it in a different manner; I purchased a 4.5" barrel from ILWT that has a built-in three lug adapter, and an adjustable gas plug from them as well. It came out in 2015 and I was lucky enough to pick one up. They are very consistent and have a clean break. I've been waiting for the Sig suppressors to hit the stores but it doesn't appear that will happen soon. After getting my Omega 9k, I needed to get the flash hider off my MPX barrel, and have the In Lead We Trust HK Style 3-Lug Suppressor adapter installed. Hi, I'm Eric Hung and I got into guns when I was around 25 and started with YouTube videos, scouring forums, and eventually taking a bunch of classes. This is one negative Im going to add about this firearm. Will SIG's .277 FURY really stand, NEW from Smith & Wesson comes a folding pistol caliber carbine that packs down smaller, Nighthawks don't grow on trees! I am planning to add a 1/2X28 piston to it so I can also use it on my 9mm Springfield XDM with raised sights for home defense. Class 3 Suppressors; Cobra Derringers; Cobray Pistols; Colt Automatic Pistols (.25, .32, & .380 cal) . Top 5 Best 9mm Suppressor For The Money Of 2023 Reviews Dead Air Armament Ghost-M - Most Versatile 9mm Suppressor SilencerCo Omega - Best Compact 9mm Suppressor Surefire Ryder 9 - Best Simple 9mm Suppressor Dead Air Armament Wolf 9SD - Best Modular 9mm Suppressor Surefire Ryder 9TI - Best Full-Auto 9mm Suppressor Coming in at #1 is the Rugged Obsidian 9: a pistol silencer that offers extreme versatility and one of the best warranties in the industry. So I want to suppress my Copperhead MPX. Its no secret that pistol-caliber carbines are an excellent choice for home defense or as truck guns. In that class, there are a couple of great options available with the SIG MPX being a Cadillac offering. I'm looking to avoid replacing the barrel. $94.95. Griffin Armaments has a whole new way of looking at suppressors. Wolfman or Omega9K seem to be most popular for the MPX from what Ive seen. We were still able to mount all our desired accessories, but it did require grinding down some of the screws on our M-LOK mounts to avoid screwing into the body of the can itself (weve run into the same issue with other integrals). I wanted this optic specifically because I havent got around to purchasing one yet and I think it would be perfect for the Sig MPX. JavaScript is disabled. //CRO classes for Join Our Inner Circle popup 1.43 o.a.l. AfterSHOT 2023: JK Armament 12GA Silencer, Breaking the Rules: JK Armament and the VersaX Silencer, AREX Zero 2S: The Slovenian Shooter [Review], Any Which Way You Can: Griffin Armaments Bold New DUAL-LOK Family of Suppressors, The Unsung Heroes: Top 9mm Pistols For EDC, What Is .277 Fury: Basics, Ballistics, & Army Adoption, Best 9mm 1911 Pistols (That You Can Actually Afford) [2023], United States State Department Bans Strelok Ballistic App. Want to go shorter? The Scalarworks LEAP mount adds almost no weight while securing firmly with a thumb-dial tension screw and a mild forward bias. The taper adapter will help and can be found at a couple different spots for $10ish. Sig Sauer MPX Suppressor View at Euro Optic This 9mm suppressor is specifically designed for 9mm Luger pistols, and it's made with a titanium tube that guarantees excellent durability without adding a ton of weight to your pistol. [deleted] 1 yr. ago Curious but are you using a KeyMicro or a direct thread when you get it out of jail? From the point of handing in all the paperwork to the dealer, to the point of actually getting the call to come get my suppressor, it took seven months. Please check your email for status updates. Also, make sure to check out our latest reviews on the Silencer Central Banish 30 and Banish 45. If you are willing to brave forms, fingerprints, $200 bucks, and a wait time best described as horrid then you can access some of the coolest toys around! The NFA (National Firearms Act) is annoying and encompasses a $200 tax stamp (which thankfully hasnt changed since it started). I am a firearms enthusiast and a proud supporter of Second Amendment Rights. Voted Best Retailer 10 Consecutive Years in Players Choice Awards. Also, this might just be my experience but when I purchased my MPX it did not come with any fixed sights. I put the small hand stop back on that came with the Sig MPX. Is there an editor (theyd have to be a really shitty editor if there is) or are you looking for one? Click Here for the current prices of the Magpul MOE K2+. Even though it's not many users primary use, the Omega 9K can . for sale by Sodak Sports on GunsAmerica.com the best online marketplace for buying and selling semi auto pistols, firearms, accessories, and collectibles : 907839372 The first thing to determine was if the ammo would continue to run reliably with the suppressor, which it did. The REIN is a dedicated weapon light that offers a whopping 1,400 lumens and 60,000 candela. The Trijicon MRO fills this niche nicely, with its small 2 MOA dot and flared front window. Yes, the Rattler can shoot. Perhaps it can be tuned to run it. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. 1. My MPX is a carbine variant, which I plan to re-barrel with either a 4.5" or 8" barrel once conversion kits are available, and I am wondering if either of those suppressors would be good choices, or if I should get another one for my MPX before 41F/P takes effect. View Latest Price . So when you thread on your adapter to LH threaded barrel, once it gets snug, the RH thread starts to unscrew itself from suppressor. We're running SOCOM556-RC on 10" 516 SBR & 16" MCX, with vertically no gas issue - just don't notice gas at all. After looking it up and doing some research I discovered they were roughly the same price as the Surefire M600DF. Tri-lug: you have three options here, all of them requiring that you purchase a tri-lug adapter from SilencerCo, Griffin, or Rugged. I have a Lantac Dragon KeyMo Brake for MPX (which I'm hopeful is a typo since the Wolfman takes the KeyMicro) on pre-order which will no doubt get here before the Wolfman breaks out of Jail. So because the Sig MPX is a pistol and not an SBR you cannot add a vertical foregrip. There is a small storage compartment in the grip that can be used to store any small items you wish. The D3LLC integral suppressor uses a series of barrel ports to get whisper-quiet results even out of standard velocity ammunition. I run an Omega 9K on my MPX-K. The MPX bolt carrier group is where I noticed the most grime and residue I only shot a bit over 100 rounds, but the BCG looked as though Id shot much more than that. The MPX only came with one 30rd magazine and this just isnt enough. I topped it off with a Sig Romeo5 red dot. As such, a dependable white light is essential. 22LR suppressor with a titanium tube and stainless steel baffles. (Click the links for the most up to date prices). [3] CZ Scorpion Evo 3. Surefire makes a good pressure switch to accommodate their lights and I like the one that still leaves the constant on button in the back of the light as well. The suppressor I chose for my MPX is the SilencerCo Omega 9k, which is perhaps the most popular 9mm suppressor on the market today. Silencer Testing 9mm SBR SIG MPX 9mm with Ti-Rant 45M. I like your trigger upgrade. It also takes SilencerCo Alpha mounts so its super modular. The decrease in sound signature from subsonic 9mm rounds is fantastic. Take advantage of our suppressor concierge service by connecting with one of our suppressor experts. LANTAC Dragon Muzzle Brake for SIG SAUER MPX-9x19mm Usually Ships in 24 Hours MSRP: $160.00 . There are a few idiosyncrasies to be aware of with the D3 setup. Buy sig sauer mpx k mpx pistol pdw mpx sig k 4.5 sig mpx sauer 9mm mpx gen 3 :. I became my group's "gun guy" and everyone who had questions came to me. When comparing the size of it up next to the Sig I will attach it on the right side of the rail and it will fit perfectly and not be too large. Griffin Armament DUAL-LOK Minamalist Stealth Flash Suppressor Usually Ships in 24 Hours MSRP: $94.95 . When I got home, I did a thorough cleaning of the MPX. You must log in or register to reply here. Best suppressor for MPX K? I see, re-read that part - it reduces supersonic to subsonic by means of its operation. I'm assuming it will fit inside a longer hand guard? 1 Top PickPeak Case SIG MPX Copperhead Covert Range Case Check Latest Price On Amazon 2 Silencers & Suppressed Firearms; Collectible Firearms. Both suggested that for our rifles Surefire SOCOM had the best blowback performance. Looking for a silent pew? It's unclear whether it was the type of suppressor or the bore that made the difference. One new winner* is announced every week! Type your new password and hit button below to confirm it. St. John dives deep into the evolution of these revolutionary suppressors and how they have been optimized to limit the toxic gas blowback that is typical when shooting with suppressors. This is supposed to help your eye pick up the reticle quicker on very bright days or when looking into direct sunlight. The top rail on this gun is cut somewhat short. They are also fairly priced. 2023 Silencer Central. purchase helps support my work in bringing you more awesome gun and gear articles. Mine's still a bit gassy when shooting suppressed (the only way I shoot it, as my 9mm can lives on this gun) at more "lively" rates of fire (I also installed a binary trigger). Hi, my name is Joseph Kocik. I understand that there are ways to mitigate this issue in the MPX, such as by using a different suppressor, and/or different ammunition. Any use of this content without express written consent is prohibited. It is a gas-operated firearm featuring a closed, rotating bolt. [ARCHIVED THREAD] - silencer for a sig mpx k. Posted: 3/5/2021 10:34:22 AM EST. The grip that came on the MPX is actually pretty good. If you were thinking of a dedicated 9mm suppressoryou might want to rethink again. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. 21339. Designed for smaller, center-fire calibers, the Banish 223 will fit all rifles .224 and smaller. Thanks to the 3-lug mount I used, it was quick to remove and the Omega 9k is simple to disassemble and clean. Thanks for the advice. It's not that much louder than the others and the price is hard to beat. Looking forSIG Sauer MPX AEG Bolt Catch Lever (Part # 07-6) - by VFC? What is the first upgrade you are going to do to your MPX and what one do you like the most? Customer reviews and photos may be available to help you make the right purchase decision! I have seen people use zip ties and electrical tape but this doesnt look very clean. This was an important consideration for me not only for cleaning the suppressor but also for instances when I would want to transport my SIG MPX pistol across state lines WITHOUT the suppressor so I dont have to go through ATF notification hassles. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Without having to purchase an aftermarket barrel. This short, rigid stock folds quickly but deploys with solid lockup, making it ideal for PDW applications like this. From hunters and military members, to competition shooters and general firearm enthusiasts, we welcome anyone who values and respects the way of the firearm. I am a veteran in the U.S. Army and have over thirteen years of professional experience in the firearms industry. September 11, 2020. Sale Price: $89.95 . column to setting up our version of the ideal home-defense-oriented MPX carbine. Maddox is passionate about varmint hunting and has spent more than a decade honing his expertise in the Western Dakota prairies. With all this in mind, we wanted to dedicate an. Got my extended handguard and Wolfman with the ILWT 3-lug. It is very comfortable and has a slightly rubberized texture to it and it does a great job keeping your hand where it belongs on the firearm. The Gen 2 version is nice because it is modular and can swap barrels to change calibers to 9mm, 357sig, and 40 S&W. With the MPX that is definitely not the case. [2] These design features, rare in submachine guns, were chosen to enhance the safety of the user and to have a more reliable firearm. The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled. My FFL recommended the Silencer Co Hybrid. Copyright 1996-2023 AR15.COM LLC. It also has a QD sling swivel mount integrated which is a nice added feature. Note: This magazine is designed to work with Generation II MPX or KM models. First off, it wont cycle subsonic ammunition. I had always heard that suppressed guns get much dirtier, and this was certainly the case with my rifle. By the end you'll know the best suppressor for your handgun, PCC, or sub-gun. The original 8-inch-barreled version was intended to fill the same-size envelope as the much-vaunted HK MP5 with a modern gas system, AR-style controls, and modularity at both ends with M-LOK handguard and Picatinny rail endcap. I put this on every AR-style rifle I have and did the same when it came to the MPX. With the fully-welded, tubeless, minimalist Omega 9K, big sound suppression now comes in a tiny footprint. Well see how comfortable it is when it starts heating up. There were 2 options when it came to adding an optic on the MPX. Balanced steel & aluminum suppressor that lowers first round pop. Once you have the light mounted where you like it and have the pressure switch running off the back with the short cable you need a way to secure the switch to the rail. SIG 8901268 STOCK SPEAR MCX MPX FOLD MIN+ COY. document.addEventListener("DOMContentLoaded", function() { Originally when working on this build I wanted to go with an EOTech XPS2 Holographic sight in FDE (Flat Dark Earth). We here at Pew Pew Tactical try to be as scientific (or at least as even) as possible. Voted Best Retailer 10 Consecutive Years in Players Choice Awards. Click Here for the current price of the Surefire M600DF. They have three modes: High, Strobe, and Low. Learn the 3 most popular shooting stances & more. Im putting together my MPX pistol as a home defense weapon, and if I should need to use it in that capacity I dont want to lose my hearing in the process. Mods Compatibility MPX-SD 9x19 165mm barrel Suppressors (Functional Mods) Categories Languages Each MODX suppressor includes the most popular metric and metric piston for its given caliber. This combo produced a best group of 1.12 inches with the 125-grain SIG Sauer ammunition and 1.15 inches with SIG Sauer 220-grain subsonic ammo. Raptor-LT Ambidextrous Charging Handle. However, I decided to do a mag dump and loaded a magazine with 30 rounds, and began rapid firing into a large target. $124.95. Designed by Elegant Themes | Powered by WordPress, HK Style 3-Lug Suppressor adapter installed. Okay, I hate to resurrect an old thread, and yes I've read the original posts and read through a similar thread on Reddit and one other spot. Now it is one of my favorite firearms and is a pleasure to shoot. They're all great cans and really impressed with the R9. Need a can for your handgun or PCC? They are relatively common and can be picked up at just about any local gun store and I see these included with most rifles. Sig Sauer's MCX Rattler Canebrake is the newest edition to their popular MCX line. I'm not sold on the fact you can adjust the length of it. The PSB brace which is made by SB Tacticalwas the first upgrade I did to the MPX. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CT). This was a quick and easy way for me to add my 2 point sling. And such a rfile might well be redundant to my MPX. 850guns Oct 14, 2020 The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Gulf Coast States Member Benefits: Fewer Ads! to 25 yrds/75 ft. and POA/POI remained consistent. But I was never a big fan of the Osprey. I use a Rugged Obsidian 9/45, DA Wolfman, YHM R9 on my MPX K's and Copperhead all using tri lug mounts. Their system requires customers send in their MPX upper to have a series of ports drilled into the barrel itself, much like the original MP5SDs. anything extra and your There's only 3 positions. The password should contain at least 8 characters with at least one number or special character. In other words, for me the suppressor isnt a novelty I have a very specific purpose. The MODX suppressors feature 21 points of impact adjustment and come with a fixed barrel spacer for carbine use. They are a favorite company of mine and everything they make is top-notch. Some suppressors have fixed mount options, and some use spacers. We use Capitol Armorys $79 option thats super easy and done from the comfort of your own couch. Weight: 9.7 ounces in full configuration with booster. I have a Sig MPX gen2 SBR with an 8 inch barrel. Shop today! Click Here to check the current prices of the Magpul MBUS Sights. What began as Maddoxs home-based Federal Firearms License (FFL) evolved into a Class 3 Dealership and has grown into the nationwide brand it is today. I also have a Yankee Hill Machine Cobra M2 in .45 so most hand gun calibers are covered. I liked the overall look of the new brace and the functionality of it and I have to admit it looks absolutely awesome on the gun. They both suggested Osprey for pistols. It adds a bit to the overall length but makes it easier to remove the suppressor. (Everyone knows looking cool is the most important thing). SIG MPX SBR 9mm Sub-Gun Specs: Barrel Length: 8 inches, 1:10 twist Overall Length: 21.75 inches Weight: 5.5 pounds Barrel Material: Carbon Steel Threads: M13.5 x 1 mm Trigger Type: Mil Spec Trigger Pull: 8.7 pounds Action Type: Semi-auto Forend Type: Alloy Grip Type: Polymer Stock: SIG SAUER Telescoping/Folding Stock Edit: Went with the Wolfman. All Rights Reserved. We ran around 3000 rounds through the suppressor without cleaning on the KP-9 and other 9mm in one week. Plus you get to utilize Silencer Centrals easy setup where they send you things like fingerprint cards so you never have to step foot in an FFL. Shooting a suppressed weapon isnt exactly a new thing for me Ive shot several. I ran it at several different distances from 7 yrds/21ft. Get Our Top Shooting Drills and Zeroing Targets ($47 value - but FREE for a limited time). The OPMOD also has better waterproofing and has more brightness settings compared to the original. Click Here for current prices of the Seekins Precision K20 Angled Foregrip, Note: I ended up removing the angled foregrip because it took up too much rail space and realized it was uncomfortable while shooting. The only downside of them is the price. Best overall Sig MPX Accessory or Upgrade. October 16, 2019. Perfect for having some extra batteries for your optic or weapon light. Subscribe to Pew Pew Tactical's sales and deals email. I already have one too and like everything about it. I dont see myself rapid firing 20 rounds inside my home. If it has a modular mount, you can use a booster for 9mm pistols and rim fire, and a fixed mount on rim fire or 9mm PCC. Click Here for the current prices of a QD Sling Swivel Mount. If none of that happens, it looks like I'll be getting an Omega 9K. Manufacturer Specs(SilencerCo Osprey 45): Check out the other Osprey models such as the Osprey 9, 9K, and 45K. Maddoxs NFA expertise makes him a popular voice for the industry, and he speaks regularly at National Compliance Conferences. The effect subsided quickly, and I returned to shooting the rest of the rounds in the magazine. If you're itching for a great 9mm 1911 that won't, Used by millions of sport shooters around the world, the Strelok Ballistic app won't be, Newly Released: Christensen Arms Steel-Barreled Lightweight Rifle, Langdon Tactical LTT Elite at NRA Annual Meetings, Sig MPX Optimized: MPXSD Integrally Suppressed, ts no secret that pistol-caliber carbines are an excellent choice for home defense or as truck guns. In that class, there are a couple of great options available with the SIG MPX being a Cadillac offering. TheNational Institute for Occupational Safety and Healths threshold for hearing safe is 140-decibels. . But because you cant crack it open to clean itdont shoot rimfire through it since they are so dirty. However, I intend to use my suppressed MPX as a much shorter distance weapon (inside my home). For more info on the SIG MODX-9, visit SIG SAUER and Silencer Shop.