This part was so easy! There are 12 Timberline HD shingle colors, ranging from lighter tones like Fox Hollow Gray and Shakewood to darker tones like Charcoal and Barkwood. Makes me happy! Shingle style with "Concealed Fastening" technology, Rustic charm of traditional shake with "Concealed Fastening" technology, Learn more about Tilcor, who we are and what we do, CF Shingle - Change of Pitch Detail - Solid Sheathing, CF Shingle - Valley Detail - Solid Sheathing, CF Shingle solves problems for student accommodation. We want to kick off day 5 of #NationalRoofingWeek by featuring one of our most recent residential roofing projects in Monroe, Iowa! I got it off, but it damaged the wall some. All colors must work together to achieve a whole that is visually coordinated and appealing. The shingles normally have to be darker to achieve a well balanced look. I am leaning toward Georgetown Gray, Pewterwood or Colonial Slate. The classic appeal of a wood shake aesthetic is undeniable, but the material, installation, and upkeep costs of wood shake roofing are prohibitive to many homeowners. Weathered Wood. But with so many colors to choose from, making a selection can be tough. The wood adds so much character and charm to my kitchen, I cant even stand it. Contractors can help you identify the products. That said, OC Summer Harvest seems to compliment the stone veneer quite nicely in the pictures, while also offering some good If your roof is not as steep and you would like to bring out more contrast between the roof and the rest of the house, then consider a bolder-looking color like the Max Def Colonial Slate you mentioned. The advice provided below will help you achieve the visual harmony with respect to how well the roof color integrates with the rest of your homes exterior and its surrounding environment. btw, our home has multi-colored brown brick and limestone combination and the Weathered Wood just looks perfect. In the future, should I want to paint, I have a number of ways I can go. Enter Your Zip Code. When it comes to choosing shingle colors for your roof, your individual preference matters most. Ok, Ill stop with the picture overload now. More homeowners in North America rely on Timberline, Sophisticated designs, custom color palettes, and high performance, GAF Designer Shingles are only a fraction of the cost of traditional slate or wood shakes. Timberline HDZ High Definition Shingles. 0000032576 00000 n 0000036679 00000 n Barkwood Oakwood Pewter Gray Rocky Beach Weathered Wood We have done our best to accurately display colors, but colors will vary by monitor. Specialty Timberline Cool Series shingles use special reflective granules to reflect more UV rays away from the roof, potentially reducing cooling costs. When I originally took a poll and asked you what color I should choose, most of you said weathered gray. Want a personalized copy of this page for your website. In photos below both houses have white trim + gray siding. I am also considering the color weathered wood. Ive never really liked it and it seemed the perfect time to say bye!. I was considering Hickory, but dont know if it would be too dark for a rancher and whether its too orange. *Contractors enrolled in GAF certification programs are not employees or agents of GAF, and GAF can not control or otherwise supervise these independent businesses. Moire Black is too black and dark for us. Houzz Pro: One simple solution for contractors and design pros, I fretted over what to do with our house roof. Once your results are displayed, click to view a larger image or see your selection on a home with our Design EyeQ design visualization program. Architectural, Asphalt Shingle, Wood-Shake Look, Limited Lifetime, 10 Year Full Start Period, 15 year 110 MPH Wind, 120 Algae Cleaning. 0000003936 00000 n I thought I would really like the end result of my weathered reclaimed wood kitchen bar, but yall! And yall. Here are the four resources we like. Quickly and easily share our web pages branded with your logo and contact information. Made from the highest quality raw materials using New Zealand Steel ensures the durability and strength is second to none. For CoolRoof rated colors, which is something definitely worth considering in Florida, OC only has four colors that are a bit too light for your house it seems, mostly due to what looks like the darker stone siding/stone veneer. GAF gives you lots of options. Where would be the perfect place for some reclaimed wood in your home?? We have a 50-year-old rancher (daylight basement) with light gray siding, some gray stone in the front and dark blue door and shutters. I have a multicolored brick (I think called Madrid) with brown trim and a few redwood shakes. When I originally took a poll and asked you what color I should choose, most of you said weathered gray. Colonial Slate will work too, but its a bit on a darker side, and while it may be better at camouflaging the panels, we dont think its necessary. Depth, width, proportion and detailing all contribute to the comfort and functionality of this transitional space. Let me just say that its not the easiest thing to do. A Color consultant Maria Killam agrees and adds this insight about light and dark colors: A general guideline to follow when choosing an asphalt roof is to choose a darker colour than the body of your house. (Yay for a future project!). Californias Title-24 requires residential roofing that meets the cool roof standards. 0000028200 00000 n In the northern United States, leak barriers are commonly referred to as ice/water barriers. https://www.gaf.com/en-us/roofing-products/residential-roofing-products/shingles/timberline/architectural/timberline-hd. Do you see how yellow the mortar looks in the Barkwood pictures? Wouldnt that look awkward? Go solid on the roof when the home shows variation. When a beautiful home's exterior design successfully balances all of these elements, the results will bring satisfaction for years to come. We have a reclaimed brick Georgian home currently with a cedar roof that needs to be replaced. Colonial Slate and Driftwood colors have some some very subtle hues of red/orange color mixed in. Paramount is available in six colors, meets UL790 Class A Fire Resistance Standard, offers a Limited Lifetime warranty, and features Algae Defender. Snow, ice dams, sleet, fallen trees, and more can all cause, Over time, your roof may decay or have damage that is simply not fixable with a minor repair. The plain white color on the rest of the house helps to balance the appearance, though. Combined with all the benefits of America's top-selling shingle, LayerLock technology mechanically fuses the common bond in Timberline HDZ shingles to offer: - Up to 99.9% nailing accuracy thanks to our new StrikeZone nailing area - up to 600% larger v. Paramount is the premium modern shingle for your home. I was going to use stikwood when I redid my living room but ended up not using it. Take a peek inside: see a CT Scan of an actual shingle to see how LayerLock Technology fuses the common bond. You can save your project too. As a roof shingle color it is often paired with white homes, but it can provide an elegant contrast to almost any paint, siding, or brick color. Tilcor's textured finish provides added protection by embedding stone granules in an acrylic base-coat. If youve got them, you might as well show them off. many brands offer a variety of decorative yet useful shingles. Top roofing manufacturers will typically offer the best warranties on premium roofing materials that they have the utmost confidence in. Privacy Policy, PABCO Roofing Products Weathered Wood It's no surprise more GAF customers have been inspired by the rich tones and neutral highlights of Weathered Wood than any other shingle color. This weathered reclaimed wood is such a quick project and an easy way to add character and charm to your home! Used that color on many of new homes. I have Weathered Wood and highly recommend it for you. The gutters, windows and soffit are white. Your email address will not be published. Well, instead of a benchtop sales demo we went to this highly regarded hurricane research facility to show you its not all about the nails. The beauty of sunset shadows, all day long, Introducing our patented LayerLock Technology, Powering the industry's largest nailing area, Only one roofing system qualifies for WindProven, Peculiar Phenomenon - Pulling Shingles Off of Plywood | Dura Grip Sealant on Timberline HDZ Shingles, Remember the last time this happened on one of your roofs? Where homeowners are freer to express themselves in flamboyant house colors, your options are unlimited. Weathered Wood Weathered Wood, Cedar Falls, Sagewood Weathered Gray Weathered Slate, Weathered Wood, Cedarwood Abbey, . 2/3s of the front will be man made stone in browns, blacks, some dirty orange installed in a stacked look. The Timberline American Harvest series features bold colors like Golden Harvest, Nantucket Morning, Appalachian Sky, Cedar Falls, Saddlewood Ranch and Midnight Blush. Learn more at gaf.com/layerlock, Is GAF Timberline HDZ Faster [and More Accurate] to Install | GAF Roofing, See how Timberline HDZ Shingles were fastened to the roof deck with 30% faster nail fastening! The multi-layer design allows for special cuts that can mimic the look of wood shakes or slate. Weathered Wood Vector Art - 3,113 royalty free vector graphics and clipart matching Weathered Wood. This is what my bar looked like before the reclaimed wood: And now it is loaded down with character and charm. GAF does not endorse the services provided by any contractor. (countable) The wood of a particular species of tree. I do not want brown, but the orange color just doesnt appeal to me. Houzz nutzt Cookies und hnliche Technologien, um Ihre Benutzererfahrung zu personalisieren, Ihnen relevante Inhalte bereitzustellen und die Produkte und Dienstleistungen zu verbessern. That said, with gray vinyl siding, you will want to have a darker colored roof to attain some contrast between the roof and the rest of the house. Hallelujah!! I needed to make sure the ends of my projectwere finished, so I started on one end next to my board and batten. A Tilcor roof will not only safeguard your investment but will also give you complete peace of mind because it's backed by a Tilcor Warranty. My second thought was Shakerwood. While the best protection against heat loss and gain in your home is sufficient insulation, the color of the shingles can affect attic temperatures by 40 degrees. 0000028528 00000 n The materials youve selected will be saved for easy reference and ordering later. Youll want to use your rubber seam roller over the board once youve stuck it on to make sure the adhesive is pressed down well. Note that proper nailing is also critical to the proper performance of shingles with high wind ratings. Menards Design-It Roofing and Siding visualizer: Upload a picture of your home or choose from the gallery. I really love the look and the product. We view the multiple shades and colors in the shingle as a strong positive, because of the 3-dimensionality and fullness it gives to the shingle, which helps create more contrast between the exterior brick walls of the house and the roof. I now have a roof color that has brown/tan/ terracotta coloring in it similar to Golden Harvest. You can choose to harmonize exterior elements, or you can make a bold statement with a contrasting color. Dilemma! 0000009545 00000 n . Be sure that you are sticking them where you want them and double check that they are the right direction if you have to miter cut one side. . Stately, traditional homes are roofed in black or very dark blends consistent with their grand appearance. I like the Weather Wood, but I was told it has a grey look to it and do not think that would go well. Some of their gray tone shingles also have green and/or browns in them. Be Consistent with Neighborhood Standards I would prefer something more versatile and not sure Barkwood is. ColorCoach is a virtual swatch book designed to give you more confidence in your color choices. Dark shingles are better suited to cool climates because the extra heat facilitates melting of snow and ice. Our CF Shingle has been specifically designed for the North American market to resemble the look of traditional Asphalt Shingles but without the inherent ongoing issues that many home owners face. 0000032968 00000 n Weathered Wood brings out the ultra-dimensional wood-shake look of our Timberline HDZ, Dual Shadow Line technology precisely distributes color granules to create two parallel shadow lines, which gives the Timberline. This low profile Stone Coated Steel panel, comes with patterns of shading and colors that reflect the popular styles but with the bonus of a far superior serviceable life. 0000004336 00000 n Use|Trademarks As you hopefully can see from the photo the house color is (I think) in the beige color range with cream trim. CurbAppeal is a visualizer app to take with you. So, no need to worry about premature leaks and potentially voiding the asphalt shingle manufacturers warranty. Not ready to replace siding or the stone accent, I will be addressing landscaping soon though. Going with the Timberline Hickory may be a sound choice, since achieving the contrast between the roof and the house is so critical to having a balanced-looking home where the roof is clearly distinguishable from the rest of the house. Shop GAF Timberline HDZ 33.33-sq ft Weathered Wood Laminated Architectural Roof Shinglesundefined at Lowe's.com. Color and product availability varies by region and manufacturing location. spyglass vs commander compass; alight smart benefits; thomas lynch obituary; crown family aspen home; feroz khan farm house bangalore; Community. As you might plan to renovate or replace your roof, it makes sense to also think about what roof shingle color you should choose. Brown shingles would work with beige siding, a mild contrast, or with white, a more distinct contrast. 0000001316 00000 n Weathered wood would be a better choice than Barkwood. On the other hand, if your homes siding is varied perhaps brick featuring multiple shades or an elegant stone front with varied colors then color-blended shingles with clash. We have done our best to accurately display colors, but colors will vary by monitor. Weathered Wood brings out the ultra-dimensional wood-shake look of our Timberline HDZ shingles exceptionally well. Dura Grip: available on all GAF Shingles, including our new Timberline HDZ Shingles. I thought that the Hickory would stand out better but my husband thinks the Barkwood is safer. That is a direct result of the yellower foundation in the Barkwood shingles. Instead of going with tile or metal, which could complicate things if your underlay or substructure cannot support the increased weight from those products, how about an architectural style shingle? You can then try different shingles and colors on the home. Hi Sharon, color combinations are always a matter of taste, however having some contrast between the roof and the exterior of the house is almost always desirable, with the roof color ideally being darker than the exterior walls of the house. That said, a multi-color blend in a roof that includes at least one color similar to the brick color can help complement brick siding in a way that improves the overall curb appeal of the house. See what this shingle looks like on your roof! Combined with all the benefits of Americas top-selling shingle, LayerLock technology mechanically fuses the common bond in Timberline HDZ shingles to offer: - Up to 99.9% nailing accuracy thanks to our new StrikeZone nailing area - up to 600% larger v. Timberline HD shingles - Up to 30% faster nail fastening during installation v. Timberline HD shingles - Dual-phase shingle-to-shingle seal with our Dura Grip sealant and StrikeZone nailing area and an asphalt-to-asphalt monolithic bond for durability, strength, and powerful wind uplift performance - Compatibility with Timberline HD roofing shingles Learn More about LayerLock Technology: gaf.com/layerlock, Nick Branon of Hero Roofing Reviews Timberline HDZ Shingles | GAF Roofing, In this testimonial of Timberline HDZ Shingles, Nick Branon of Hero Roofing shares, "If someone can't hit the StrikeZone, they don't belong on a roof." Todays homeowners increasingly choose the thicker architectural shingles over thinner three-tab designs. . Hi there! ft. Another roof shingle color that is often found on white homes, it gives a sense of sustainability and harmony with nature.Blue is the color of tranquility and security. 81 Pins 3y C Collection by Colorado Roof Toppers Similar ideas popular now Roof Color Colorado Brown Roof Exterior Paint Navy And White If you would like to have more contrast between the roof and the rest of the house, then consider the Max Def Atlantic Blue or even Dark Red and Brown shingles with different color shades. Find a GAF Factory-Certified Contractor At GAF, we train and test thousands of the best roofers in the country and make sure they're appropriately licensed and insured so they can offer our best warranties. Try our roofing visualizer. By selecting your regions we can ensure you get the best service. OK, heres how I did this easy DIY peel & stik project. Today, variations of black, brown, gray, and red roof colors are available in a variety of different roofing materials. Picking the right shingle color for your home is important. See my full disclosure policy here. Owens Corning strives to accurately reproduce the screen images of the shingle samples shown above. ft. per Bundle) (21-Pieces) Grip-Rite Grip Rite 1-1/4 in. Agreed I see how the Barkwood would clash. For this reason, it is necessary to see a roofing sample or the products installed on a home before making a final colour selection. GAF has similar tools including the handy GAF Colors app that is almost as good as taking home dozens of shingle samples. 0000050615 00000 n 0000010689 00000 n Any suggestions? 0000008490 00000 n Both are included in the GAF Lifetime Roofing System that offers the most generous warranties. I am looking for a medium shade of gray for the roof. Tape measure. Here is a very basic rendering to give you a sense of how these gray colored shingles with a slight orange hues may look on a small ranch house with light gray siding and gray stone veneer. Many allow you to select a siding type and color too. Even the set up was similar enough to my kitchen to get a really great idea of what it would look like. Computer and smartphone screens may represent image colors differently. They're manufactured with multiple layers which are fused together, resulting in a rich, multidimensional look. With ranch style homes, the roof pitch is usually pretty shallow, meaning that the roof is not highly visible from the curb to begin with, which is where having a color that stands out could be beneficial to achieving a look where the roof is clearly distinguishable from the rest of the house. See costs in your area The body color looks different in a couple pictures but its due to how the sun is hitting it. 0000003349 00000 n We cannot guarantee that your monitor's display of any color will be accurate. The difference is remarkable. GAF has such a variety as well as other manufacturers. Many shingle brands have online tools and apps that allow you to choose a home similar to yours from a large collection of images. Timberline Ultra HD Timberline Ultra HD shingles deliver a high-definition wood shake look along with seven popular colors: Patriot Red, Charcoal, Shakewood, Weathered Wood, Hickory and Pewter Gray. Weird garage water leaking issue - no window above it, Chimney brick repair and gas insert conversion. Weve made it easy to enhance the look of your home and heighten its curb appeal by offering a wide array of roof shingle colors in our most popular styles. GAF is happy to share our website content with you through our free media sharing service. Multi-level homes often feature darker shingles to make the roof look more substantial in order to balance the height of the house. Here are some key qualities to look for in high-quality roof systems protecting New Jersey residential roofs. It's easy to think that there are as many roof types as there are buildings. Combined with all the benefits of Americas top-selling shingle, LayerLock technology mechanically fuses the common bond in Timberline HDZ shingles to offer: - Up to 99.9% nailing accuracy thanks to our new StrikeZone nailing area - up to 600% larger v. Timberline HD shingles - Up to 30% faster nail fastening during installation v. Timberline HD shingles - Dual-phase shingle-to-shingle seal with our Dura Grip sealant and StrikeZone nailing area and an asphalt-to-asphalt monolithic bond for durability, strength, and powerful wind uplift performance - Compatibility with Timberline HD roofing shingles Learn More about LayerLock Technology gaf.com/layerlock, Learn how to install Timberline HDZ Shingles, Download and save our full installation instructions for Timberline, By submitting your information, you agree to our. Choose from seven colors: Charcoal, Barkwood, Pewter Gray, Hickory, Shakewood, Slate and Weathered Wood. A wood-sided home set among trees blends best with its surroundings when deep forest green shingles or a green/brown blend are used. A certified GAF contractor is also a great resource for figuring out the best roof shingle color for you. Dark colors draw more attention than light colors do. Yeah, we couldnt either and GAF is on millions of rooftops so I think we would have heard something about this rather peculiar phenomenon. Noun. For that reason we view Hickory Timberline HD, the color you mentioned you happen to like, as a viable choice. So, once you've selected your favorite colors, be sure to request shingle samples to see how they'll look in real life. A reputable contractor will always try to repair the existing roof when, Wind, rain, snow and sun are all enemies of building materials. Try Our Instant Roof Quoting Tool. Learn from the successes and failures of other homeowners. The black car will be cooler because it's ventilated better.Back to the roof in question here. why only these two colors? Weathering (also ageing or distressing) is the artificial process of treating the wood to create a vintage feel of wood that has stood the passing of time and the harsh treatment of the elements. Timberline HDZ Weathered Wood Algae Resistant Laminated High Definition Shingles (33.33 sq. Both look nice. 0000009308 00000 n A few months ago I shared my vision for this bar wall in my kitchen. Zinc Roofing Costs, Benefits, and ROI Pricing & Buying Guide, Metal Wall Panels Metal Cladding Installation, Synthetic Composite Slate & Shake Roofing Costs: Davinci Roofscapes, EnviroShake Pros & Cons, Flat Roof Materials & Installation Costs 2022: PVC vs. TPO, EPDM, BUR, Most Important Questions to Ask a Roofing Contractor Before Signing a Contract, Major Exterior Remodeling Upgrades, Plus Costs & ROI, Top 10 Causes of Roof Leaks & How to Repair them, Top 5 Energy Efficient Home Improvements and their Costs, Maria Killam agrees and adds this insight, tool allows you to change every exterior component including roof, Menards Design-It Roofing and Siding visualizer, Asphalt Roofing Shingles: Costs, Pros & Cons The Ultimate Guide, Roof Flashing: What It Is and How It Works The Ultimate Guide, https://www.gaf.com/en-us/roofing-products/residential-roofing-products/shingles/timberline/architectural/timberline-hd, wouldnt need to drill any holes in the roof, Black, dark gray, dark blue, dark green, white, Green, black, blue, charcoal and browns that are lighter or darker. Start by looking at similar homes in your neighborhood and take note of their roofing shingles. Lastly, I am trying to visualize the shakewood, but I am concerned everything will look too busy with the 3 or so colors of brick and all the colors in the shingle. Important note on colorPicking the right shingle color for your home is important. If you are a homeowner who lives in an area prone to hail storms, it may make sense to consider installing a shingle that meets the requirements of the UL 2218 Class 4 impact test. In addition to siding, the type of house, whether ranch, new American, or traditional, and trim color will also play an important role in how well a specific roof color will contrast with the rest of the house. A white beach house with red trim topped by a blue roof completes the nautical theme. 0000035115 00000 n If you live in a hot climate, go lighter to lower the heat build-up and ease the load on the A/C. Thank you Rob, the team at RoofingCalc.com and myself truly appreciate this! I would love to install reclaimed wood to my kitchen bar, but that side faces the great room. The contractors featured are members of the GAF Master Elite or GAF Certified Contractor program and may receive benefits, such as loyalty rewards points and discounts on marketing tools for selling GAF products. Weathered Wood. Light-colored shingles atop a two-story can look out of balance too, especially if the roof has a lower pitch such as 4/12 or 6/12. The house front is dominated with twin gables in gable. I think I am now just deciding between the charcoal and the weathered wood. It's close to the same color, but clearly isn't the same color, and might appear as if you are trying to match the colors, yet aren't matching at all. Get Started. Build in the 80s trying to update the exterior. Lots of great tips here. Hunter Green Hunter Green Hunter Green Rustic Evergreen Chateau Green Barkwood Barkwood, Saddlewood Ranch Ash Brown Autumn Brown, Stonewood, Barkwood, Tuscan Sunset, Autumn Harvest Heather Blend Rustic Slate Teak Pewter Gray . Green is the color of balance and renewal. I am leaning toward the Hickory. Rubberized Timberline Armorshield II shingles deliver added impact resistance that may reduce insurance premiums. These popular shingle colors stem from the materials that builders have been using for centuries: slate, wood, metal, and clay. Thanks again and have a good one! 0000005323 00000 n 0000029725 00000 n Going with a gray roof lets them stand apart, yet compliment each other. We took our signature #1-selling shingle, Timberline HD®, and transformed it by strengthening the common bond and creating the industry’s largest 4 51 Learn what features to expect for $3,000 to $100,000-plus, to help you plan your bathroom remodel. Ill have to check and see if I have enough! With a dual-layered design that emulates the dimensionality of true wood shake, Landmark asphalt shingles offer the heaviest weight and widest array of color options in their class, allowing you to create or re-create the ideal look for your home with confidence. I just really need direction. Its earthy shades offer a sense warmth while allowing other colors on a home to appear richer and brighter.Red is confident and romantic. Coordinating your asphalt shingles with the color of your homes exterior is like matching colors inside your home. Its a bold alternative for those seeking a unique alternative to black roof shingles on a white home. Such designs feature premium adhesives that maintain their grip in the face of the extreme uplift caused by high winds. Ranch homes are better served by medium colors. Darlana Pendant Lantern Knock-Off for the Foyer! Youll find that GAFs Silver Pledge and Golden Pledge warranties are two of the best in the business. Filters for the images might be offered that will be helpful. Actually my first choice was GAF Slate..but when I told the contractor that I was going to use it he said a light grey roof with light grey siding was a bad choice. It is highly recommended that homeowners choose shingles rated at 130 mph or higher. The same home with shingles that have a charcoal base but flecked with greens, tans and browns would be far more appealing. If you want to explore more options, it would be helpful to know more about the colors and tones of the reclaimed brick siding.