JavaScript is disabled. I tested my Type 99 at a range of 50 yards, and even my middle-age eyes were able to resolve the aperture rear and pyramid-type front sight easily. Joseph Von Benedikt shows his custom 500 and how well it shoots. THE FINISH HAS DULLED AND THE MUM IS GROUND, WITH HEAVY FINISH LOSS ON THE TRIGGER GUARD. Japanese Arisaka Type 99 Bolt Action Rifle Last Ditch WWII Gun #: 977010026. Login Register Menu. Manufactured in the Toyo Kogyo arsenal sometime between 1939 and 1945, its in excellent condition inside and out, and it came with a poorly fitting Type 30 bayonet (which were issued to all Japanese infantrymen regardless of whether they were issued any firearm) and a traditional-type canvas sling that appears unused. The strength of the action could come down to the design and quality of the bolt and breach excluding late-war Last Ditch Arisakas or general manufacturing techniques. The barrel length was also shortened to 26 inches, and the 7.7mm cartridge provided a round with a muzzle velocity of. IMPERIAL MUM IS INTACT. I dont know which was used on my rifle, but the grain structure does not appear to be beech. | In 2014 he obtained an unrelated Bachelor of Science degree from one of the nations leading diploma mills. This is a Nagoya marked rifle with fixed rear sight and ground 'mum that has non-matching numbers on the crudely finished bolt. This particular rifle was made late in the third block, so I assume it was made somewhere around the middle of the war. was a bolt-action rifle of the Arisaka design used by the Imperial Japanese Army during World War II . Guns Listing ID: 751438In good condition. If you're searching for Arisaka Type 99 Last Ditch Value topic, you have visit the ideal page. 4.9. Arisaka Type 99 7.7 Caliber 25.5" barrel bolt action WWII Japanese service rifle, by Nagoya Arsenal between 1923 and 1945. Bolt, extractor and receiver are matching "342" Take down col, This offering is a beautiful Arisaka Type 99 manufactured in the mid WWII period when quality was still excellent and the Japanese had found some functional modifications to the Ty, Guns Listing ID: 626773Right here is a piece of history, sorta! The 12 month average price is $504.81 new and $424.89 used. For a long time, Boyds Hardwood Gunstocks has . The perceived weaknesses, especially in supply capabilities and heavier firepower, may have proven true. It was made in the last years of the war and is in solid shape for its age. Production started in mid-1940 at the Nagoya Arsenal and at the commercial firm Toyo Kogyo in Hiroshima, which . The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? As Japanese manufacturing facilities were bombarded and destroyed by U.S. forces during World War II, this became increasingly important for the continued production of infantry rifles like the Type 99. Arisaka/Japan type 99 bolt action rifle with 26" rifle. Japanese Arisaka Tropical Sling Reproduction Price $29.00 Japanese Arisaka Type 30 Last Ditch Bayonet #4093 Price $225.00 Japanese Arisaka Type 30 Bayonet TALW #4094 Price $135.00 Japanese Arisaka Type 30 Last Ditch Bayonet Chinese Repro #4014 Price $100.00 Japanese Arisaka Type 38 Band Spring Price $18.00 Japanese Arisaka Type 38 Bolt Complete The forgrip is a little loose. Features include: 6.5x50SR Arisaka cal., Mauser inspired bolt action, 31 in. The safety is of the welded type with the Last Ditch wooden butt plate as well. NICE BRIGHT BORE, MUM GROUND. . It was made in the last years of the war and is in solid shape for its age. Cool piece of history! Now that I know so much more about it, I just may keep it. Description: We are offering for sale a World War II era Japanese ARISAKA Type 99 "LAST DITCH" Rifle. The new value of an ARISAKA TYPE 99 rifle has risen $32.30 dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $604.24 . Ackley trying to blow them up and how well they handled case failure, so I decided to give it a shot. SOLD - Factory Chrome Walther PPK - Rare. We show you how. Buy a arisaka type 99 online. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. Condition of this Rifle is 99.9 % and retains all of its original arsenal fin, Guns Listing ID: 433980This Arisaka has been sporterized. A hinged floorplate caps the bottom of the magazine and features a unique rearward-sliding latch located inside the top front of the trigger guard. Type 99s traditionally also came with some extra goodies, such as anti-aircraft rear sights, integrated wire monopods, and dust covers that traveled with the bolt. The Type 99 rifle Arisaka or Type 99 short rifle ( Ky-ky-shiki tan-shj?) This misnomer was begun when American servicemen, many of whom could not read or speak Japanese, did some . The new value of an ARISAKA rifle has fallen ($59.41) dollars over the past 12 months to a price of $514.62 . 6.5 x 50mm, EMPIRE of JAPAN World War II PACIFIC THEATER Type 38 C&R Rifle Arisaka Rifle for the Japanese Infantry Made Circa 1940 Here we present a Japanese Arisaka Type 38 Infantry Rifle, made circa 1, IMPERIAL JAPAN World War II TOKYO JUKI KOGYO Type 99 ARISAKA 7.7 Rifle C&R SCARCE Primary JAPANESE Infantry Weapon Here we present a C&R Japanese Tokyo Juki Kogyo Type 99 Arisaka Militar, "Serial No. it should have some decent value as a collectable. A forum community dedicated to all firearm owners and enthusiasts. Who knew wild turkey's were so stupid!? The top of the receiver is marked with three Japanese characters that translate to "99 Type", the top rear of the . Was happy to find this item from a respectable seller. barrel, 5 shot internal box mag., one-piece bolt construction, controlled feed Mause, For your consideration, Arisaka Type 44 Carbine, 6.5 X 50MM Arisaka in good condition. Norma sent me a few boxes of its 7.7 load for this report. THE BORE IS MOSTLY BRIGHT WITH GOOD RIFLING BUT HAS JAPANESE ARISAKA TYPE 99 LONG RIFLE - C39597, JAPANESE WWII ARISAKA TRAINING RIFLE - C55754, JAPANESE TYPE I ITALIAN CONTRACT - C53926, JAPANESE WWII PARATROOPER TYPE 2 RIFLE - C55753, JAPANESE TYPE 1 TEST PARATROOPER STOCK - C52691, JAPANESE TYPE 97 SNIPERS RIFLE & SCOPE - D16509, JAPAN ARISAKA TYPE 99 33'RD SERIES - C50461. Bore is bright. The monopod was done away with, as well as the upper handguard. Even when the tide turned, it was a hard turn to force. Original slings are fairly rare and commonly found in poor condition. Inverted V front sight, rear sight is a ladder style graduated to 6.5x52mm; 75% blue, fair bore, good stock, 31.25'' barrel, Converted for firing blank ammunition only, NOT for ball ammunition. Meanwhile, the 34 Tokyo I have has been full-meal-deal handloaded for, in reformed .220 Swift casings. But the Arisaka rifles, the Type 99 among them, became a respectable foe that was risky to underestimate on the battlefield. I would agree that your ground Mum but matching T-99 is valued in the $300. In good looking condition it is known as the "Last Ditch" version because of the simplified/emergency production techniques as the end of the war neared. Arisaka Type 99 Bolt-action Rifle and Bayonet: Arisaka Type 99 Bolt-action Rifle and a Beaumont-Vitali, Japanese WWII Arisaka 7.7mm Rifle Ammunition. This particular example was picked up by my grandfather's brother in Japan after the surrender. AT NAGOYA CHIGUSA. However, there does not appear to be any import mark. # 7 07-16-2018, 3:02 PM 19K Veteran Member There are a few places where you can pick up factory loads, but for the price you could be shooting a K31 in short order. We hope to raise awareness and understanding for the collector community, as well as encourage new collectors to join the hobby. 7.7 Caliber Japanese Rifle Receiver Markings Early Type 99 - Model of 1939 Found in Long/Short Rifle For one thing, the American public had little appetite for anything made in Japan after the war, though Imperial Japan operated arsenal and munitions factories outside of the mainland as well. Full Details . The 7th series is the middle/end of the transition period between early and late (last ditch) configuration. Royal Mum is intact. I believe this is a Last Ditch Rifle, but I am not well versed in Japanese Rifles. These were specificly built as a training gun. Surely, theres even a healthy respect for German firearms. All Rights Reserved, Arisaka Type 99: Japans Last World War II Bolt-Action Rifle. These rifles include: The Type 99 Long Rifle, the Type 99 Short Rifle, the Type 99 Carbine, the Type 99 Naval Special, the Type 100 Paratroop Rifle, and the Type 2 Paratroop Rifle. According to one source, the Type 99 was the first mass-produced rifle to have chrome lining in the bore. Its meant to be engaged using the palm of the right hand in a swift, aggressive move in which the shroud is pressed forward and rotated to the right. The Type 99 was born after brief tests of the improved Type 38 rifle and initial problems were resolved. Thank you so much for all of the information on my Arisaka. Towards the end of WWII they were very crudely made, and are commonly referred to as "Last Ditch" rifles. It would be ashamed to part it out though, as it is an unique piece of history. - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab, Japanese Arisaka Type 99 Last Ditch Complete Bolt With Matching Serial Numbers, - for PayPal Credit, opens in a new window or tab, Report this item - opens in new window or tab. Nine different armories manufactured Type 99s, in four different variations. The bore is bright and appears to be shootable. Our goal is to encourage collectors by providing honest descriptions, fair prices, and the best customer service. But a fair assessment of the Arisaka itself may actually mark it as one of the best military bolt-actions of all time. it is often mistakenly called a "last ditch 99". Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Japanese Arisaka Type 99 Last Ditch Complete Bolt With Matching Serial Numbers at the best online prices at eBay! Overall, this Arisaka is in good vintage condition with normal age-related wear throughout the barrel, receiver, and stock. Quality also suffered, and that may have soured some people on the rifle. Type 99 Arisaka Rifles, Handguard and Barrel Comparison Institute of Military Technology collection. The top of the chamber has an 6.5mm Japanese; 80% blue, poor bore, fair stock, 30.5'' barrel, WWII Japanese Arisaka type 38 rifle converted to a smoothbore single loading rifle for training purposes with blank ammo. Looking for what a ARISAKA is worth? Japanese Type 99 Arisaka Rifle. Would be a great project/hunting rifle, A very fine WWII Japanese Marine T38 Carbine. Japanese Arisaka Type 99 Type 2 takedown Paratrooper. There can be no question that the average Imperial Japanese Army unit was outgunned by the end of the war. FINISH SHOWS MODERATE FADING WITH SOME 7.7mm; 95% blue, excellent bore, very good stock, 26'' barrel, Japanese Arisaka Type 99 Short Rifle, Kokura arsenal 24th series, 7.7mm Arisaka caliber, ground Mum. Click on the results to view more details $9.95 2 review (s) Adopted in 1939 as the Type 99 rifle, the weapon initially went into production in a "Long Rifle" configuration with a 49.5-inch overall length. Bought it at the old Broad Ripple Sport Shop about 32-34 years ago. It may not display this or other websites correctly.