Protti changed her name to Jeannette Butler legally after the horrible incident. She was also a very good student who did well academically in school. I see why her Sisters and mom forgive her, theyre her family and family sticks by you. Missy was Described as a Bully and Very Mean also. She was cute, not beautiful, says Sue Morrow, a family friend, an all-American girl. Shes obviously mentally ill . Bernadette was stuck up also or appeared to be. Like Missy Availa saying she was roughish and wild and Loose, didnt give Karen Severson and Laura Doyle any right to murder her either. There was no jury in the trial. [3] The Costases' neighbors called an ambulance, but Kirsten was mortally wounded and died at a nearby hospital. Kirsten was in the class of 1986, Still no one deserves to die. Kirsten never got to Cheer, go to Prom, Graduate or go on to College. It sounds like something Berns BFF called Kirsten, that or Virginia Protti, it is someone close to Bern. Kirstens favorite game was Nancy Drew, and she loved her cheers to. Mats Kirsten probaly didnt like you, dont mean she was that way to everybody. I never seen her bully. Kirsten has nothing to do with thier problems at Miramonte or any of her friends had anything to do with it, so where is it youre all getting Kirsten and her friends ran these girls out. If we had to kill all 15:year olds who were Smart Aleck then we wouldnt have none making it to Graduation or getting their Drivers License. Wish someone would come back on here and tell us more about it. 0 Review . Was she snotty to? But would a real student please come forward and reveal yourself. Worry about this Virus that is killing people Worldwide. Those who say Kirsten was a Mean Girl clearly didnt know her, or she didnt like them with (good Reasons). Angela Should Have Been Caught Sooner When Angela cleans off the knife with which she stabbed Stacy, she does so by running it under water and wiping it with a towel, leaving both her and Stacy's DNA all over it, the towel and in the drain. (Yes at times) Kirsten teased Bernadette, but they were still mutually acquainted Bernadette never could figure out why she thought she was a Bullied failure. I would love to hear Bernadette being interviewed now about that tragic night in suburban Oakland. Now the new version of the movie was making Bernadette innocent, when Kirsten was innocent herself. Its possible its someone pretending to know Kirsten. Bernadette was snotty to. people arent to worried about this case any longer. In the film, Angela is convicted of second-degree murder (meaning it was not premeditated - even though it was) and sentenced to confinement in juvenile hall until age 25, but was released and paroled after a few years. She didnt bully Bernadette either. Bern wasnt one of them, in fact, (as I said) she was well liked and in with a lot of the i crowd. That could hurt much more than death. Did you know Bernadettes bff? So some of them will say Orinda had snobs. That already happened. The main point so many of you are missing is a beautiful young girl lost her life! Thats a different situation, no one liked those other kids as well. Kirsten was the life of the party. She talked to most people. What are you talking about?? I didnt hate either one, maybe they were Misunderstood, as for being Stuckup. Guys just didnt really notice her. Dont matter, been what 37 years. A grown woman from England pretending to be someone who knew Bernadette, Kirsten, or Kirstens brother. I wasnt Popular and Kirsten liked me and was nice to me. I was told she had no known enemies. Dont let this Corona Virus stop you? She is what people who know psychology well, especially Criminal Psychology, a Sociopath! Absolutely not. Its best not to post comments at all on Bernadette anymore. Angela Delvecchio is a married woman who resides in Portland, Oregon with her husband and their child at the present time. Also, HELL NO Bernadette was not cuter, or prettier then Kirsten. Kirsten was so adorable. The costas still have to deal with pain and grief and it doesnt matter if she was angry nobody thought about kirsten or her family by letting bernadette get a slap on the wrist! I heard they ran Several girls out not just them, they Demonized one to where she had to Leave portraying her as a Tramp over some guys. Birthday: 12/20. Kirsten from what I heard was arrogant and self absorbed, but no bully, just a typical teen girl who didnt deserve to die even if she was a bully. You took the life away from this poor girl and her family. Kirsten was beautiful. I do believe she was real nice to those she did like and her friends. I didnt know Kirsten very well. Kirsten didnt like people who acted (Dumb) or got into trouble and cause trouble. Kirsten she liked everyone, she wasnt any bully by any means, she was so cute and funny. We are no longer in the 80 s and never will be again. You know who you are to. Bernadette had it all planned, if Kirsten didnt give her the response she hoped for, she was planning to kill her. More like a Sports Illustrated swimsuit model than a Playboy type.. John Grisham, Kirsten was nothing like Tori Spelling at all. Help Center Contributor Zone Polls. Angela Delvecchio pictures, video: Mac Kirsten was Snooty as well, so were the Stacys and the other Kirstens that ran with them. Too bad Bernadette WAS a pathetic psychopathic freak. Those boys were wealthy and were far from bullied. I knew both gals. She dared to say she could not commit suicide because her religion would not allow it, but did not take into consideration the life of Kirstens! I dont agree with the Miramonte comments. I didnt kill anyone, I went to college, had a successful career, a loving family and am happily retired with my husband who I met right after I graduated college in 1983. Maybe its the black and white look but Kirsten looked as plain as Bernadette. the fact is bullying had nothing to do with it she was a sick and twisted individual and still is! It was like she was obsessed with her, which she probably was. She is still notorious for her heinous act of murdering a young girl named Kirsten Marina Costas in 1984. Im not saying Kirsten was totally innocent, for it takes 2, but to Murder in Cold blood. Oh youre so pretty and popular and amazing I think thats what Kirsten meant by her friend getting weird Then she killed her rather than have Kirsten tell everyone she was a lesbian. Its all coming back to haunt her for what she did. That child was a nightmare to her peers and friends (lets not forget how much she disrespected them every day). One version is that she was so good and bullied and another that she is a monster prepare to kill just like that? So she had a different view of Kirsten, Bern wasnt nice to of murdered. So youre justifying Murder due to bullying? Tori Spelling, who garnered $100 thousand for her leading role as Stacy Lockwood was already working with Kellie Martin in 1989 on the film Troop Beverly Hills, starring Shelley Long, who played Diane Chambers on the hit showCheers. In the spring of 1984, Kirsten had been asked to join the Bob-o-links, or Bobbies, an elite sorority-like organization of thirty to thirty-five of the best looking, most popular girls in school. To this day I remember those girls well. Kirsten was angry for her lying to get her out under false pretenses, and she knew something was off. Id been weirded out to. While in Hockey and Baseball 2005, it is button-up from the top. I think she made a pass and got rejected. She was given a sentence of nine years in jail before she could begin her life on her own, but she was granted parole after serving only seven of those years. Even if Missy and Kirsten were Bullies bo reason to Murder them. So yes it sucks to be bullied, but that is no excuse for any kind of physical action. Paris Mahone did you know Kirsten? So I would say to any bully, we all have our weaknesses,. Calling her a B and saying she dressed nice in an interview. Karen, everyone reading your comments sees you as the odious one. Love your integrity on all this. She was more Bubbly and down to Earth. I never wished for Kirsten to die like she did, that was horrible. One girl here posted that one girl accused Football players of Sexual Assault at a Party and she was driven out of that School also. I hear she was Caddy and Stuck up, I dont even know if thats true, but she wasnt a Bully. [citation needed]. Kirsten from my Understanding was Self Absorbed and a Snob, but not a Bully. if you came at her the wrong way like Bernadette did, or kids no one else liked cause they were so annoying to be around. Killing is still not an excuse but Id have to say the real losers out of this situation are Bernadettes parents. Really? Teenage years are hard on all of us. It doesnt sound as if Kirsten bullied Bernadette, other than the one comment about her ski gear. She knows how people still feel about her, she also knows she cant escape the feelings they have or ever change them even in many years to come forth. Beauty and the Beast and D are still the Life of a Party at times, esp Reunions. Maybe you need (a Life of your own). Note: This article may feature affiliate links, and purchases made may earn us a commission at no extra cost to you. Seems like alot of a holes justifying others that are a holes sorry no justification theres no reason to act like an a hole young or old, you treat all ppl with respect and the way you yourself would like to be treated dont need parents or Bible school to learn morality, any person who trust to justify any bad behavior has no morality or class in my opinion, and theres a post somewhere that says girls went along with bullying so they werent the ones being bullied lol, what a sad excuse thats called being a coward and a follower and has nothing to do with popularity depending on what ones warped definition is of popularity its not how a person looks or what they have or how they act but how they are perceived by what they do by inspiring ppl its being admirable and nothing is admirable about acting like trash talking scans that need to put others down to feel better about themselves thats just lowlives that probably pick on the handicaps as well real big of them, thats no one by definition that I popular some ppl must have thier definition all messed up and who says theyre popular anyway them lol Im sure every group thought they were the special ones, but by lowering ones level to picking on other ppl harassing demeaning and taunting them eventually theyre going to come across the wrong ppl who dont take that bs, and Im not justifying murder but it takes more than a bad comment on a pair of boots to push someone to that point, Im sure she didnt share all of the abuse she was subjected to, but I definitely compare scum that target other ppl to feel better about themselves like the leader of the holocaust and if thousands or plausibly millions werent followers of some psycho with an inflated ego than millions of ppl would have never been tortured or murdered all because scum bags like the ones that come up with excuses for bad behavior cant stand up for whats right because theyre pathetic loosers that are too afraid to stand up for whats right and they ate no better those ppl who did nothing and followed hitler were all conspirators and complicit and there are a multitude of cases just like that which is why ppl need to stop with there warped sense of wanting to belong to some misfit group that is the furthered thing from what is popular is really all about. I heard Kirsten was self absorbed, but no bully. She is still remembered for her heinous crime- murdering a young girl named Kirsten Marina Costas in 1984. Me! Angela is related to Elizabeth Biernot and Angela E Goodson. Kirsten wasnt a bully. If shed been bullied by Kirsten, seems like shed have told it in detail. You need to get help for that, sweetie. Karen, its true, Bernadette was obsessed with Kirsten . Same for Karen Severson and Laura Doyle theyre cold blooded killers to, Missy was Kirstens age, this happened not long after Kirsten was Murdered. Ive heard she was Bubbly and funny. It doesnt matter why and there are no excuses to take another persons life unless its to protect your own or your families . Costas received her secondary education at Miramonte High School, where she was a member of both the varsity swim team and the cheering squad. She let 2:girls take the blame. And ironically the real Kirsten was the brunette and the kiler was the blonde. I had just got out of high school at that time from north of the bay area Yet it hit us all so close to home the horror of it seemed to change everything in a way all those years ago What brought me here is my own grief at the unsolved stabbing murder of my girlfriend And she resembled Kirsten in appearance and likely even more in personality I pray for Kirstens soul and her family What they have gone through the last 37 years the neverending nightmare it is literally Room 101 Something torn out of you removed an amputee Tortured by the phantom limb You can feel where it was what it was like to have it remember it but its gone. Most teen girls are snippy, Im sure you girls who had a bad experience were to, in fact one she was worse than anyone she was a (bully) and when the tables turned on her she couldnt deal with it and left Miramonte. Well said Sarah. Bernadette May of been misunderstood to, I thought she was Snooty to. A Friend to Die For premiered in September and was the highest-rated TV movie of 1994. There was no teasing and ostracisation. As for Nancy Kane she was the best in that group cause she was real, and they couldnt deal with that. Kirsten was lured out of her house under false pretences to a bobbie (sorority) dinner that didnt exist by someone she wasnt friends or even acquaintances with. Im not arguing with and dont mean to appear hostile and wouldnt have bothered replying until I read that you are suggesting that you all (which I suppose includes me) sound like the people you are gossiping about. This is what makes her an easy choice every single time. RELATED: 10 Best High School Movies Of All Time (Ranked By Rotten Tomatoes). The girls quarreled and Costas fled to the home of Alex and Mary Jane Arnold, telling them that her friend had gone "weird. Angela Delvecchio Death Of A Cheerleader The Real Angela Delvecchio Photo Portrayed in the movie death of a cheerleader Bernadette Protti, her 1984 murder victim, Kirsten Costas.The Angela Delvecchio role played by kelli martin, is actually the complete oppisite of Bernadette Protti. If it was national news, I missed it. Im disgusted. We werent in the same grade I was one year ahead of her she acted as if she was better. Girls in Jr high and high School can be Brutal. John even if Kirsten was as mean as Tori Spelling (which BTW she wasnt) that is still no right to Murder her. You need to educate yourself before speaking on things you have no clue about. Parent blaming is so ridiculous in this case but, if any parents are to blame, maybe its bernadettes . They might not win but they can make a case for smearing the name of their daughter if indeed she was not a bully. This Mats person you sound just like what Bernies BFF said about Kirsten exactly. I was born with common sense. Kirsten was one of the winners. Society in the richest places raise their children to be obnoxious and unbearable little freaks who will at some point push a normal person to the brink,so whatever happens is something they are a part of as well as the person they have pushed. She is still Crazy as always. Dont matter if the girl bullied her. I couldnt tell you if she was a snob or not. You obviously are very contradicting since from gathering what the Hollywood movie has told you if Kirsten was truly a witch, then, Bernadette was a bigger idiot since she wanted to befriend such a person to begin with. We all have a breaking point. If Mrs. Cistss forgave Bernadette then great. I read alot om her to.